Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford FC Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Would like to get down and see a game over the next few weeks.

Maybe a silly question, what what stand is the best place to sit in terms of atmosphere? If you pay at the gate, can you basically choose which stand you sit in afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

iseegirls wrote: »

Maybe a silly question, what what stand is the best place to sit in terms of atmosphere? If you pay at the gate, can you basically choose which stand you sit in afterwards?

Main stand, not new one.if there twenty mins before KO you should have plenty of seat choice, sit near left side(as walking in thru turnstiles) of stand.

Cup draw quarter finals..... dundalk away....big test for the blues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Max Powers wrote: »
    Cup draw quarter finals..... dundalk away....big test for the blues.

Stephen Kenny wont play a strong team for that game so it wont be as tough as you think. He has the indifferent start to their league campaign to worry about. Very winnable game. Either way its a good draw and a good test for Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

0-0 last night away to Cabinteely, very poor game. Pitch and ground are beyond shocking up there. Kenny Browne facing a bit of a lay off as well with a bad injury.

• Advertisement

0-0 last night away to Cabinteely, very poor game. Pitch and ground are beyond shocking up there. Kenny Browne facing a bit of a lay off as well with a bad injury.

Broken arm i believe. I had expected a 0 - 0 game. I do the LOI prediction league in the soccer forum and put that result in. The game in the RSC was poor aswell. Cabinteely imo would be Waterfords bogey team. Hopefully a better result next week v UCD at home.

alta stare wrote: »
    Broken arm i believe. I had expected a 0 - 0 game. I do the LOI prediction league in the soccer forum and put that result in. The game in the RSC was poor aswell. Cabinteely imo would be Waterfords bogey team. Hopefully a better result next week v UCD at home.

Bad news alright, Kenny Browne has been excellent in defence.

INJURY UPDATE: Kenny Browne underwent an operation this morning on a broken arm and is ruled out of action for a minimum of a month.

First/us V second/ucd tomorrow night 7.45

Little disappointing night,2 more injuries, one possibly serious.had many chances and much of the ball but couldn't convert them..one all, drop to second.

• Advertisement

A 3-0 defeat in Oriel Park today knocks Waterford out of the EA Sports Cup. Not the end of the world given it is the least important competition to be in during the season, hopefully back to winning ways against Shels on friday in the league at the RSC.

iseegirls wrote: »

Got down to see the UCD match over the weekend. Nice to see a great buzz around the stadium. Went for the new(ish) stand. Decent match - great first half hour by Waterford, faded after that and I think lucky to get a draw.

One thing though, how many competitions do they have at half time. There must have been about 5 different raffles.

Looking forward to getting down for a few more games over the coming months.

They only have one half time draw. Big result needed tomorrow. Home to shelbourne 7.45 ko in the blue camp.

One nil win.back on top as athlone beat cobh.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Was at it. Relieved they won, Shels only got one decent chance to score early on that I can remember but they had a lot of the ball without doing much with it. Blues had a couple of other chances but overall it was fairly forgettable fayre.
    Still, great they're back on top, another decent crowd (1400 approx.)going to keep trying to get out there to support their promotion push, hopefully a few more goals in next match away to Wexford and another 3 points

Any news on latest injuries, Kenny Browne, Dean o halloran,mcClean went off Friday and sander puri?
    Probably missing name or two, hopefully some good news.

Browne is out for another few weeks anyway. Puri was worse than expected but heard no return date. Too early probably to say about O Halloran and I think I seen mcClean post something about him being back in training already? Away to Wexford this Friday at 8. Hopefully we will have a big travelling support with the ground being so close.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Browne is out for another few weeks anyway. Puri was worse than expected but heard no return date. Too early probably to say about O Halloran and I think I seen mcClean post something about him being back in training already? Away to Wexford this Friday at 8. Hopefully we will have a big travelling support with the ground being so close.

Could you tell me where the ground is I want to take my son down to the game ,also is there cover in the stands there please

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Could you tell me where the ground is I want to take my son down to the game ,also is there cover in the stands there please

You can find it here it's handy to find you go past the Ferrycarrig Hotel which will be on your right. Then take a left about 2-300 meters past. Follow the road and turn right at the junction.

The stand is tiny in the ground so you'll be best to get there early if you want to have shelter.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

You can find it here it's handy to find you go past the Ferrycarrig Hotel which will be on your right. Then take a left about 2-300 meters past. Follow the road and turn right at the junction.

The stand is tiny in the ground so you'll be best to get there early if you want to have shelter.

Thanks .

• Advertisement

Good result, one nil away.fair play to those that travelled.outnumbering home support apparently.

At home v longford tonight all..7.45 ko.
    League is so tight, every game high stakes.

One nil, good stuff.

They're turning into George Graham's Arsenal; "1-0 to the Arsenal" used be the chant so "1-0 to the Blues" anyone?
    Delighted they keep winning, just need to shake Cobh off, potential title decider away to them next Saturday, another 0-1 would do nicely. COYB.

They're turning into George Graham's Arsenal; "1-0 to the Arsenal" used be the chant so "1-0 to the Blues" anyone?
    Delighted they keep winning, just need to shake Cobh off, potential title decider away to them next Saturday, another 0-1 would do nicely. COYB.

Yes, win is a win but every match is squeaky bum time as fergie said.

V cabinteely tomorrow night...crowd numbers dropped a bit last home match or two, need for people to get behind their team, players and mgt are doing their stuff on pitch and off it with charity work, locals need to step up too if to be successful.
    C'Mon blues.

Three nil, good result.

Was there last night, lovely evening in it to watch some football, along with 1250 fans. Started off great with two quick goals, helped by Kenny Browne's long diagonal ball, which was an assist for one, and an assist of an assist (if there's such a thing) for the 1st goal. Unlucky not to be ahead by 4 goals, as the ball skimmed the post twice.
    Second half a bit scrappy, but once the third goal came, the flow became a lot better.
    An even better result of the night was UCD losing, giving us a nice gap between them and us.
    Wexford in July is our next home match, will hopefully be down for it.

Also they secured a main shirt sponsor yesterday - 21 Bet. Never heard of them, but good to see more money come into the club.

5 points clear at the top. Schadenfreude on Cobh's loss tonight not my finest moment but happy to see blues top.

• Advertisement

Great to see the Blues pulling away at top, lovely day out in the sun Friday night too.
    Re new shirt sponsor, maybe from where they were last year, beggars can't be choosers...but Jesus wept; not another online bookies sponsoring a football team. I know I'm going to sound po-faced but can't they get sponsors that don't encourage vice? If it's not ciggies(banned), it's alcohol brands or fast(fat) food outlets, now online gambling - the silent unseen scourge. Loads of youngsters going to the matches, which is great, and the youngfella wants to get a Blues jersey but do I really want to see him walking around advertising frigging 21bet??

Advertisement