Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get ( x ) in Waterford City?

• 24-03-2014 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭

There is one of these threads over in the Galway City forum and it works very well. So much so, it is now stickied. It's just a thread for people who are looking for something in town, but don't want to start a new thread! It may also help people keep business local. We'll see how it goes.

I'll start the ball rolling... :D:D:D

a) I'm looking for fabric spray paint, but got no joy in Grubbs or Scholars. (Special mention to the lady in Grubbs who went to great lengths to help me anyway)

b) Where in town does decent boxes and bubble wrap in bulk that would suit someone moving house?

TIA

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Argos do moving packs I think? include few diff size boxes and bubble wrap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Jaysus I thought I was back in school for a school for a second...being asked to find x...

Actually does anyone know where I could find a few cement blocks?
    Getting a shed put in and the lad told me Id have to source them myself

• Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Good idea. Am looking for a garden shed myself. Doesn't need to be too big mind

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Actually does anyone know where I could find a few cement blocks?
    Getting a shed put in and the lad told me Id have to source them myself

How many do u need, got a shed put in last year and have some left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

I'm after plastic packing wrap to wrap a shoe box that's being posted, anyone know a place in town to get it? Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I'm after plastic packing wrap to wrap a shoe box that's being posted, anyone know a place in town to get it? Cheers :)

If you knew anyone who works in a supermarket/store room they could get you a small bit I'm sure. They use that wrap to wrap pallets and for returning goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Where in town does decent boxes and bubble wrap in bulk that would suit someone moving house?

Huge selection at U-Store, IDA, at the back of Opel Garage

How many do u need, got a shed put in last year and have some left

I think 9 ? Where did you get them from ? I can't think of anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I'm sure I saw sheets of bubble wrap for sale in Tesco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

b) Where in town does decent boxes and bubble wrap in bulk that would suit someone moving house?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8755034/Trail/searchtext%3EBOX.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Where do I get meself a good woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Where do I get meself a good woman?

There's four places. There's the Woman Hut, that's on Arundle.
    There's Womens-R-Us, that's on Arundle too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There, That's on Arundle,
    Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the Girl-power complex on Arundle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

There's four places. There's the Woman Hut, that's on Arundle.
    There's Womens-R-Us, that's on Arundle too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There, That's on Arundle,
    Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the Girl-power complex on Arundle

Well played my friend, well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

did u get sorted with the boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

Could get you some that are recycling "waste" in work but are literally brand new as they can only be used once to transport stuff to us.

The Mrs is going to U-Store to get a few boxes today, thanks for the help all. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Anybody know where i can get a micro SD card without going into town, like do pc world or harvey normans sell them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

Anybody know where i can get a micro SD card without going into town, like do pc world or harvey normans sell them?

Tesco sell them.

Looking for these to replace old ones under kitchen sink. Motor Factors might have them. Anyone see them anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Looking for a cleaner, one day a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I'm lookin for acid tablets, good old fashioned mind bending acid tablets.
    Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

longshanks wrote: »
    I'm lookin for acid tablets, good old fashioned mind bending acid tablets.
    Anyone?

Loled at that, wondered how long it was going to before it happened.
    pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Anyone any idea where I could source some cork mat, either in a roll or tile form?? Something like in the pic. I only need a small enough piece but I'd buy the roll if not too expensive.

5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Looking for these to replace old ones under kitchen sink. Motor Factors might have them. Anyone see them anywhere

Did you get this sorted?

Deevys used to stock them when I last looked (years back), Woodies have something similar in the plumbing area (near where the lengths of wood are stored) that can be used as sound deadener

http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/patches--rapid-repair-patch-large-300mm-x-225mm/13302/6.0.7#.U2Iu18ZZpBk

mike65 wrote: »
    Did you get this sorted?

Deevys used to stock them when I last looked (years back), Woodies have something similar in the plumbing area (near where the lengths of wood are stored) that can be used as sound deadener

http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/patches--rapid-repair-patch-large-300mm-x-225mm/13302/6.0.7#.U2Iu18ZZpBk

Didn't get round to it yet, will do shortly. Thanks for suggestions. I remember using Evo stick Flashband years ago for something else, that might do the job too.

Should find something no prob.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

lewisdhead wrote: »
    Anyone any idea where I could source some cork mat, either in a roll or tile form?? Something like in the pic. I only need a small enough piece but I'd buy the roll if not too expensive.

5.jpg

Morris's do it right on the back wall was were it was located, bought some last year....

Failing that try a few shops that do laminate floors, as it is used as an under floor insulation for laminates and solid wood flooring

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Looking to get isopropyl alcohol. Any one any suggestions where to get it? Don't need a lot, 500ml or maybe a litre at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

lewisdhead wrote: »
    Looking to get isopropyl alcohol. Any one any suggestions where to get it? Don't need a lot, 500ml or maybe a litre at most.

Have you tried the chemists around? They should stock it, it is also known as rubbing alcohol

• Advertisement

Would anyone know where in town sells beef jerky? I'm talking about a decent amount especially, not small packs. Topaz does bags of Jack Links Beef Jerky, but the price is extortionate for what you actually get in a bag.

Advertisement