Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Swap: genesis equilibrium 10disc

Options
  • 16-02-2019 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

Looking to swap my 2017 equilibrium 10 disc for a cx/gravel bike with subcompact or x1 gearing. The equilibrium is sizeM, 10 speed tiagra 4700 52x36 chainrings, immaculate condition. 28gatorskins,fulcrum cx wheels. Looking for equal value swap to avoid the hassle of selling and buying. Try me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Picture

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

That's quite nice. What value are you putting on it?

MojoMaker wrote: »
    That's quite nice. What value are you putting on it?

Not too sure tbh, they’re about 1300 new. Some people put ridiculous value on bikes, hence why a direct swap might be fairer value wise. If pressed I’d say between 4&500€

• Registered Users Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Does it have hydraulic or mechanical discs?

Does it have hydraulic or mechanical discs?

Trp hyrd brakes, a mix of mechanical and hydraulic

• Advertisement

Might also consider swap with compact chainset road bike, with wide range cassette I.e. 11-32 and 28c tyres

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Not too sure tbh, they’re about 1300 new. Some people put ridiculous value on bikes, hence why a direct swap might be fairer value wise. If pressed I’d say between 4&500€
    the 2019 equilibrium 10 disc is nearly €1700 in a bricks'n'mortar irish shop, but genesis prices have climbed considerably in the last couple of years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Why not just get a compact chainset and long cage derailleur? I'd like to take this bike and replace my winter bike with it, but alas, I've other costs at present

Weepsie wrote: »
    Why not just get a compact chainset and long cage derailleur? I'd like to take this bike and replace my winter bike with it, but alas, I've other costs at present

Don’t have the funds or mechanical know how..

the 2019 equilibrium 10 disc is nearly €1700 in a bricks'n'mortar irish shop, but genesis prices have climbed considerably in the last couple of years.

They’re a beautiful bike but that money is bonkers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Weepsie wrote: »

I'm also having to hold back on this one - looks like a great winter bike

Mods might as well lock due to no interest. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement