Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now Ye're Talking - to a Pro Wrestling Debutant

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Great Response dude

I'd be up for sticking around. I love talking about wrestling, so the more places to do that the better. Point me in the right direction and I shall be there.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=136

Thats the Pro Wrestling board on here. Good community of regular posters there, new posters always welcome, The mods (myself, Jay & a guy with the handle LTSC) are pretty lax cos we don't have to be otherwise and of course it could just be a great source for someone like yourself to see what people are thinking. Be great to see you post there

Oh and Sheamo gets plenty of love still in Ireland but Balor would probably be most peoples favorite although Becky would probably push him pretty damn close. Who doesn't like Becky (personally I think she is the most over woman on the WWEs main roster but they just haven't realized it). Think the thing that gets held against Sheamo is that he is seen more as a WWE type guy (pushed for his size mor so than for the fact that he is actually a good wrestler) and to some lesser extent in the Reigns way of suffering due to the push he got (not that they were the same at all). Amazing to see him achieve what he did though

• Company Representative Posts: 18 Verified rep I'm a Pro Wrestling Debutant, AMA

Infernum wrote: »
    Do you plan on working in the States eventually?
    If the opportunity comes up I'll be there in a heartbeat!

• Company Representative Posts: 18 Verified rep I'm a Pro Wrestling Debutant, AMA

Great to have this opportunity

I stopped going out of my way to see raw and smackdown but I watch ups and downs religiously to keep up-to-date with WWE

How far do you think you'll progress with wrestling?

I work in TV and I think you are one of the most natural presenters going would you ever try and break into main stream TV presenting?

How do you select your move set? Or is that something that someone guides you through from seeing you train and work?

Do you have a favourite move? To see done and to do yourself

How did the slap head come around?
    That's very kind. Thank you!

In terms of progressing with wrestling, I really don't know. I just want to take it as far as I can and see what happens, but I'm very serious about it. If I could make a name for myself as a wrestler, I'd be very happy indeed.

That's even kinder! I appreciate that. I'd love to have the chance to do some mainstream TV if the opportunity came up. I imagine they're hard to come by, but absolutely. Anything like that would be excellent. 

It really is a process, or has been for me. You go to training, try things out and then when something clicks you add it in. I seem to have a pretty decent back suplex so I've taken that on, and it was the same with my finisher. Someone said "Miller. That looks good. Try doing it but sit down to your ass" and that was that! I think it's the best way.

I've always loved the shoot star press but the chances of me doing that one are 0. I don't have that in my arsenal. Otherwise I really do like doing the running powerslam. It's fun to pick someone up, and even better when you leg it across the ring and slam them down! 

The head slap was just as it made me laugh. I felt like as I was going to do a series it need a sign off (Why? Here's why!) and then one day decided it would be funny to slap myself in the head between the two. Everyone started mentioning it so I just decided to go with it. And now here we are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

This might be a stupid question, but would most independent wrestlers in Ireland and the UK have other full time jobs, or is it possible for them to make a living wrestling?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

do you think the wwe will run a ppv over in the UK???

How many UK WWE shows do u attend ???, i travelled over for the Glasgow tapings in 2016 and it was an amazing experience, seeing A TV show that i grew up watching was something else. Id love to see a PPV

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What is your opinion on :
    A. Reigns
    B. Alexa
    C. Becky
    D. The Miz

Has there been anyone you've tried to emulate until you were advised against it, maybe due to their reputation?

You mention Joe Hendry. How do you think he'll do on Impact?

Can you do a 450? :)

What move would you choose as your finisher?
    I think they're all great. I understand the hate towards Reigns from a booking standpoint, but I think he's really talented and it's not hard to see why WWE push him like they do. He ticks all the boxes. Becky is underused - should be the biggest babyface in the company - and Alexa is just awesome. Gets better every week. The Miz is a Hall Of Famer in my eyes. Has come so far since he debuted and constantly bettered himself. A real inspiration. 

I've never had anything like that either. Most trainers have told me to learn from as many people as I can and then use bits and bobs to form my own character/move set. You can't really learn too much in wrestling, or at least that's how it seems to be.

Joe Hendry will do well wherever he goes, and Impact will be no different. He's great.

Yes... but I'd die.

It's already chosen! It's a running powerslam but I fall to my own ass. I like it!

JaMarcus wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question, but would most independent wrestlers in Ireland and the UK have other full time jobs, or is it possible for them to make a living wrestling?
    Absolutely. A lot of the successful wrestlers do it FT. I respect them massively.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    do you think the wwe will run a ppv over in the UK???

How many UK WWE shows do u attend ???, i travelled over for the Glasgow tapings in 2016 and it was an amazing experience, seeing A TV show that i grew up watching was something else. Id love to see a PPV
    I think it'll all depend what happens over the next few months. I went to the second night at the Royal Albert Hall. It was awesome. The UK talent at the moment is just unreal. Before that, I try and go to most RAWs and SmackDowns but it can be hard with work etc. I used to go to all the UK PPVs back in the day. Insurrection and Rebellion!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

You mentioned doing some cardio in prep for the course, but that wrestling practice is the only way to prep for wrestling. But what kind of baselines would you suggest people have if they're interested in something like this?

Do you feel the pressure of being known while still trying to start out and learn the trade?

Thoughts on the career progression of WWE star to Hollywood movie star? And who do you think could be the next to make the transition?

What's your typical training week like (both gym and wrestling focused)?

Finally, how do you find the time for everything (including sleep and do you get to do fun things - aside from the work, which you seem to enjoy)?

🤪

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Does your promo style differ from your video presenting style? If so how?

If you had to liken yourself to another wrestler who would that be?

Who from whatculture would you love to wrestle? assume they are trained or whatever but who would be a good match up, who would make a good heel, babyface etc

Do you follow other sports? if so what football team would you follow? Does everyone at WC follow Newcastle. Have you ever competed in / played any other sports? You look like someone I probably would have tried to get to play Rugby back in the day.

Youtube was recommending old Miller Report's to me recently, do you have a favorite interview you did?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

I don't even like wrestling anymore and enjoy your videos. I always remember back in December 16(which seems a lot longer ago than it is) watching your videos when I was living away studying. Always put me in a good mood.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hey folks,

Simon Miller ended up getting quite busy for a while (not a bad thing when you're doing multimedia, wrestling, and a host of other things), but hoped to get back on. Unfortunately, during a match recently, he picked up a serious injury which will sideline him for a while (and also reduces his capacity for typing).

Hopefully you enjoyed the AMA and maybe we'll get to do it again when he's a WWE superstar :D

In the mean time, here's the update video (the injury itself takes place around the 8 minute mark)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement