Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭instinct

yes yes and double yea !!!!!!

and I was even offered the black one by default !! didnt even have to beg.

fair is fair :) swapsie it is so my good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Dinging

just got sorted also. Phone call to Evans did the trick. In fact they gave me 2discount codes. Order mine via fatcheese.ie and one of the lads in work used the other.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

instinct wrote: »
    yes yes and double yea !!!!!!

and I was even offered the black one by default !! didnt even have to beg.

fair is fair :) swapsie it is so my good man.
    Awesome! If you haven't used the coupon yet chackout fatcheese to get the further 3% off.

I think that this thread may have ruined my chances of selling off my current computer now plus another one I've had for a while which hasn't even been taken out of it's box yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

Lemag wrote: »
    I think that this thread may have ruined my chances of selling off my current computer now plus another one I've had for a while which hasn't even been taken out of it's box yet.

maybe if you offered a price match.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

I couldn't go through fatcheese in the end. The girl I was talking to made a big hullaballoo about the people that do the price checks work in a different department, and it would be at least tomorrow till I got the code etc etc, so i just ordered over the phone.

Can't wait to get it now! Need to get the HR and cadence meters next :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ray o

Just got mine sorted there too. The girl said she couldn't give a code for the website so I just ordered over the phone. Got the black one....gift. Thanks to all who posted about this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Dinging

Best Buy just confirmed that they no longer have Garmin Edge 500 in stock, if Evans twig this then this could possibly be the end of this bargin.

Hi Dinging,
    Thank you for your email.
    I am afraid that we are completely sold out of this item in all our stores.
    If there is any thing else we can do to help, click reply or alternatively you can contact our dedicated customer services team on 0800 380 0000

Kind Regards
    Best Buy Customer Services

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

Dinging wrote: »
    Best Buy just confirmed that they no longer have Garmin Edge 500 in stock, if Evans twig this then this could possibly be the end of this bargin.

Hi Dinging,
    Thank you for your email.
    I am afraid that we are completely sold out of this item in all our stores.
    If there is any thing else we can do to help, click reply or alternatively you can contact our dedicated customer services team on 0800 380 0000

Kind Regards
    Best Buy Customer Services

phew, just got the code in time so!! and there was me giving out cause they wouldnt give it to me in Black :(

There'll be no excuses now. Each of us will to start up a thread in the Cycling training logs subforum ;)

• Advertisement

Pretty good although not as good as myspokes.co.uk who are selling it for £73.97. However, wierdly, I have in my shopping basket for just £61.64 (is this -VAT:confused:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Damn this thread. Seriously tempted to go for a Giro Prolight. My Bell Array is fine but hard to resist at almost half the price of CRC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Delighted for Lemag that you got sorted with a black one...

Those of you anywhere a Hollingsworth (Templeogue and Kilmacud) should note they have the Vacansoleil 2011 shirt for half price at €35..

Probably reduced as the anti FranceTV Tour car defence shield was faulty..Ask Johnny Hoogerland..Pretty robust gear all the same!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Unfortunately we have been unable to match the price of £99.97 on the Garmin Edge 500 GPS Enabled Computer at http://www.bestbuy.co.uk/product/1000114326/Garmin-Edge-500.aspx?ref=google&loc=BicycleParts%26Accessories&ci_src=18615224&ci_sku=1000114326.

The reason(s) for this are:

We can only match prices of authorised UK retailers. bestbuy.co.uk is not an authorised retailer of Garmin products.

If you would like us to price match a different colour or size (if applicable), or a different product please feel free to submit another Price Promise request. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us or call us on +44 (0)1293 574900.

Kinds Regards,

Evans Cycles

I just received this email from them!

Deedsie wrote: »

We can only match prices of authorised UK retailers. bestbuy.co.uk is not an authorised retailer of Garmin products.
    If you read back through the thread you'll see that Evans Cycles have used this BS excuse already. This link is from the Garmin Great Britain site and links to 'Best Buy'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

skerry wrote: »
    Damn this thread. Seriously tempted to go for a Giro Prolight. My Bell Array is fine but hard to resist at almost half the price of CRC

I have one. Very light but about as comfortable as a cheese grater. If you are a baldy git like me, you can look forward to coming home from spins with a nice wavy pattern imprinted on your bonce. You get used to it though;)

Edit - they're pretty ugly too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

This thread should be entitled Garmin Bargain Alert.

Hungrycol wrote: »
    This thread should be entitled Garmin Bargain Alert.
    Most of those posts were explanitory (for the benefit of those who hadn't fully read the previous posts, I guess) but the thread will still be here when the Garmin offer is no longer available. It is likely that now and then a particular bargain will dominate the thread. Why not post up some other bargain alert yourself to distract from the aforementioned Garmin one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Lemag wrote: »
    Most of those posts were explanitory (for the benefit of those who hadn't fully read the previous posts, I guess) but the thread will still be here when the Garmin offer is no longer available. It is likely that now and then a particular bargain will dominate the thread. Why not post up some other bargain alert yourself to distract from the aforementioned Garmin one?

Well said!! I put up the Vacansoleil offer!!:)

I also still think if you ring Evans, they MAY still pricematch!!;)

I also got my Edge 500 in Black:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Swore i wouldn't look at this thread cos i just knew i'd end up buying something sooner or later.

I did pretty well for a few days but curiosity got the better of me and now i've just ordered a Giro Prolight helmet from planet x.

So damn this thread but thank you ednwireland for bringing this bargain to my attention ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

If anyone does want to buy a Garmin edge 500, I have a code that will get it for you for £97 from Evans cycles. It has to be used by 13:00 today though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭elduggo

Deedsie wrote: »
    If anyone does want to buy a Garmin edge 500, I have a code that will get it for you for £97 from Evans cycles. It has to be used by 13:00 today though.

seriously? I'll take it for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Neverlandland

I was after one of the Garmin 500's, but it looks like evans has changed their T&Cs
    Unfortunately we have been unable to match the price of £99.97 on the Garmin Edge 500 GPS Enabled Computer at http://www.bestbuy.co.uk/product/1000114326/garmin-edge-500.aspx.

The reason(s) for this are:

Unfortunately we are unable to price match with bestbuy.co.uk. Please see below the URL to the price match page, this will advise you which competitors we can price match with. http://www.evanscycles.com/help/price-promise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Looks like they changed the promise as a result of this :P

I was after one of the Garmin 500's, but it looks like evans has changed their T&Cs
    Someone here might have still have an unused coupon which you could use.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Looks like they changed the promise as a result of this :P
    Hehe. That's pretty reasonable to be fair. They should only be expected to compete on a like-for-like basis. You couldn't expect a bike shop to compete with a non-bike retailer who order in 50 times the amount of stock they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Bambaata

if anyone does still have a code id happily use it for them ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

seamus wrote: »
    Hehe. That's pretty reasonable to be fair. They should only be expected to compete on a like-for-like basis. You couldn't expect a bike shop to compete with a non-bike retailer who order in 50 times the amount of stock they do.

Evans are only happy to price match when they have the advantage over smaller cycling shops of ordering 50 times the stock? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭baldshaunieb

@ Lemag, as i was unsucessful in getting a garmin 500, what have you got bike computer wise that you were hoping to sell? I could be interested. cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement