Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Runners for kids

Options
  • 15-02-2019 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

My eldest has just turned 8 and is keen to join the local running club when its back in a couple of weeks. I'm wondering what are people's views or experiences with runners for young children. Are the brands that we know and love as adults also recommended for kids?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Kids are so much lighter, and (you'd hope) have fewer bad habits than adults, their shoes should be much lighter than adult ones. Most of the companies that make adult shoes also make shoes for kids.

I'd just let them try on a few pairs, run around a bit, and get the ones that feel comfortable.

Basically the same as for adults :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Thanks, you've reminded me that i need to sort something too. My 6 yo has joined a little athletics program. He just wears the same runners he wears to school but they're not even a running brand, more of a kids shoe/trainer brand, (j'hayber). I must get him more of a running runner :cool:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sportsshoes do loads of kids trainers. My almost 3 year old has some really cute little kids Asics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Sportsshoes do loads of kids trainers. My almost 3 year old has some really cute little kids Asics.

Thanks.

Advertisement