Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mf 135 servicing

• 07-03-2021 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi guys,

1st to service the mf 135 that we inherited with the farm. I want to give it a service.
    What engine oil & quantity does it take?
    What gearbox oil (it's very low) & quantity does it need?
    Is there a gearbox oil filter to be changed or cleaned?

Any other tips & tricks?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

Universal tractor oil will do both the engine and backend perfectly fine. It's what you must use in the backend anyway, but you can put diesel engine oil in the engine if you wish. I don't know the quantities, but google should tell you. There is a washable filter in the backend. It wouldn't be too expensive to replace it if it's very dirty. The filter is attached to the pump inside the backend. You have to remove a plate on the left hand side, when the oil is drained, to access it. There is a wire clip to remove before you unscrew the filter housing. Be sure to replace the wire clip afterwards. I don't know if later models had a plate under the tractor for removing the filter. It would be worth checking, just in case. It would be triangular in shape, held on with three bolts. Probably no harm to change the fuel and air filters while you're at it. Earlier models had an oil bath air filter. You need to open this, and replace the oil. Later models had a dry air filter, which is replicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jaginsligo

hopeso wrote: »
    Universal tractor oil will do both the engine and backend perfectly fine. It's what you must use in the backend anyway, but you can put diesel engine oil in the engine if you wish. I don't know the quantities, but google should tell you. There is a washable filter in the backend. It wouldn't be too expensive to replace it if it's very dirty. The filter is attached to the pump inside the backend. You have to remove a plate on the left hand side, when the oil is drained, to access it. There is a wire clip to remove before you unscrew the filter housing. Be sure to replace the wire clip afterwards. I don't know if later models had a plate under the tractor for removing the filter. It would be worth checking, just in case. It would be triangular in shape, held on with three bolts. Probably no harm to change the fuel and air filters while you're at it. Earlier models had an oil bath air filter. You need to open this, and replace the oil. Later models had a dry air filter, which is replicable.

Thanks hopeso
    It has the oil based air filter so going to do that & fuel filters.
    I don't think the hydraulic connection was ever used so I would think the filter so b ok with a clean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Belongamick

A time and frustration saving tip would be to fill the new fuel filters with as much diesel as you can get into them before reinstating. Easier said than done but it will save you pumping the small fuel pump and draining your battery trying to restart her.

Advertisement