Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boss level

• 03-03-2021 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

I put in this trailer for those who want to watch it but my suggestion is don’t watch it if you like the sound of it from my intentionally short review. I didn’t see trailer before the movie and I’m glad cause there’s a couple of funny scenes that I’m not sure I would of enjoyed as much while watching movie had I seen them on the trailer.

Couldn’t find a thread for this. Watched it tonight and really enjoyed it. Reminded me a bit like hardcore Henry in some ways, bit of Groundhog Day and edge of tomorrow.

Starts off with a man living the same day over and over again. And he’s being attacked and doesn’t know why or what’s going on. It’s really great fun at times and while the theme isn’t new and you’ve probably seen parts of it in different movies before , I think it retains a lot of heart and fun at the core. Runtime is a trim 100 minutes so it’s tidy movie that doesn’t drag.

Hope it does well as I love these sort of movies that you don’t really know much about , switch on and can just get the popcorn and enjoy.

Comments

Frank Grillo is in some shape for 55

Could be taking a few supplements

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

That looks like a cross between Groundhog Day and Edge of Tomorrow.

Looks like great craic though.

That dude is 55? Fair play!

Dades wrote: »
    That looks like a cross between Groundhog Day and Edge of Tomorrow.

Looks like great craic though.

That dude is 55? Fair play!

Beast

aSPMQ8Y.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Finally, a strong looking recent Film

This definitely looks like it's worth a look

RT
    "Boss Level powers up the increasingly crowded time-loop genre with a gleefully over-the-top sci-fi action thriller that revels in its own excess"

76%

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

glasso wrote: »
    Frank Grillo is in some shape for 55

Could be taking a few supplements

And in other news water is wet haha.
    He's only taking those Mexican vitamins bro.

Seriously though where is it available to watch?

• Advertisement

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Seriously though where is it available to watch?

The usual places

It's out there

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    The usual places

It's out there

I meant is it on Netflix etc, cba hooking a laptop to my TV or getting computer aids.

Mjolnir wrote: »
    I meant is it on Netflix etc, cba hooking a laptop to my TV or getting computer aids.

Ah I get you now

It's on Hulu only for now

Ah I get you now

It's on Hulu only for now

Grand job, sound

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Finally, a strong looking recent Film

This definitely looks like it's worth a look

RT

Watched it few nights ago. It's a fun film. Won't blow you away, but satisfying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Homelander

Definitely a fun film, but it's actually not quite as silly as the title suggests - it is often very over the top but there's good heart to it as well and there's a bit of meaning to the plot. Really solid watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Just finished it. Very enjoyable. Love me a time loop film.

Only ever seen Grillo in one or two passable b movies but he did well here. Good comedic timing and a likeable fella. Never gonna win an oscar but so what.

Amazing shape for even someone 10 years younger. 55 ! Hope he gets some good roles on the back of this.

7/10

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

I though I would enjoy this more than I did. There is not much of an story here outside of the time loop idea we have seen before. We have action but with such a jaded old tough guy redemptive trope we have seen 1000 times before. I didn't expect much but outside of the premise there is nearly no story.

Some good action sequences though. There are also some very good supporting actors in this like Gibson, Yeoh and Watts but they don't get much to work with.

6/10

• Registered Users Posts: 60,269 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It’s an alright action movie and Grillo has a great presence however there is always something just missing from the films he is the lead in that I just can’t put my finger on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭Tefral

I liked it.

It’s an alright action movie and Grillo has a great presence however there is always something just missing from the films he is the lead in that I just can’t put my finger on.

(and I know the type of movies that we're dealing with here) but it's depth and finesse

with the amount of movies that he gets through in any given year it's hardly a surprise really - it's always very much a bang-one-take-in-the-can type affair

glasso wrote: »
    (and I know the type of movies that we're dealing with here) but it's depth and finesse

with the amount of movies that he gets through in any given year it's hardly a surprise really - it's always very much a bang-one-take-in-the-can type affair

At the very best c class movies, only truly memorable thing he's been a lead in was kingdom and it was mostly tucker who carried that show with Jonas and the guy who played Ryan being way more impactful.
    He's not a bad actor as much as not a great one, with pretty much as ya said, one shot moving on movies.

Advertisement