Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Once you see people pleading you to do something

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Sigh..must have imagined it..
    Or you misremembered.
    Or you read and believed stuff from bad sources that aren't available anymore.

Have you considered the possibility you are wrong and that it isn't a conspiracy?

Do you have a source for your new random claim he's a eugenicist?
    Or was this evidence also vanished by the conspiracy you've just made up?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭berocca2016

Well, like, he did kind of steal IBMs code didn't he?..

And his father was kind of connected to the eugenicists of old..

He bought it for a fair price at an arms length transaction then developed the he'll out of it... don't let that stop you thinking he's evil though.

who shouted abuse at you? you should probably report them.

I wasn't saying it about myself, although I was accused of being a liar..

But like, every thread is the same.. until they fizzle out with the same few posters agreeing with each other, sneering at the entire Idea of the forum after everyone else has just said 'fnck it'..

I'm starting to think king mob is one of the lizard people..

I wasn't saying it about myself, although I was accused of being a liar..

But like, every thread is the same.. until they fizzle out with the same few posters agreeing with each other, sneering at the entire Idea of the forum after everyone else has just said 'fnck it'..

I'm starting to think king mob is one of the lizard people..

The lizard people have infiltrated every corner of society. I don't see why they wouldn't be preventing the truth from being outed on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Productivity is why any business mogul would advocate a vaccine the world is shut down it's costing his or their businesses money it's not about saving lives it's about money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,774 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Sigh..must have imagined it.. it's weird how like every thread on this forum just ends up with the same four or five posters shouting abuse at anyone who comes to the forum wishing to discuss conspiracy theories..

Conspiracy theorists come here to validate their beliefs with other conspiracy theorists, not have those beliefs actually examined with reason/logic. That's why simple or straightforward questions are interpreted as abuse because they threaten those irrational belief systems.

Productivity is why any business mogul would advocate a vaccine the world is shut down it's costing his or their businesses money it's not about saving lives it's about money

In the case of Bill Gates, he's giving away 99% of his wealth. So some of these people are apparently human despite what broad brushes people want to paint them with.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,143 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Well, like, he did kind of steal IBMs code didn't he?..

And his father was kind of connected to the eugenicists of old..

He definitely did not steal IBMs code. He licenced MS-DOS to IBM and the inventor of CP/M claimed that MS-DOS was stolen from CP/M. The verdict is still out on that. IBM never owned that code.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

It is actually scary though.. like..I remember reading up about it a few years ago and there was a good bit online..now it's all just "fact-checkers" saying it's false..

Wrongthink Lies and bullsiht will not be tolerated..

FYP

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Why he's given such prominence on a subject that he isnt qualified to speak so widely on.

He has no qualifications in computers as he never finished university but he seems to know quite a bit about them through self learning. Not everything has to be learned through university. In fact if you ask most people with a university qualification they'll most likely tell you their real learning only started once they graduated.

• Advertisement

Sigh..must have imagined it.. it's weird how like every thread on this forum just ends up with the same four or five posters shouting abuse at anyone who comes to the forum wishing to discuss conspiracy theories..

You're right. It's almost as if there's a pattern of having no evidence to support and sometimes no clue even as to the nature of the conspiracy they're so convinced is happening. :rolleyes:

storker wrote: »
    FYP

Still.. Orwellian..

I'm actually amazed at how many people seem to be fine with the encroaching censorship..

It's hardly going to end well like..

Still.. Orwellian..

I'm actually amazed at how many people seem to be fine with the encroaching censorship..

I hardly think you'll get sent to a gulag. But false postings on the Internet should be challenged. Especially dangerous falsehoods. Critical thinking should be mandatory in schools.

Still.. Orwellian..

But what evidence do you have that this "censorship" actually took place?
    What evidence do you have for your original claim?

Both of these things seem to be entirely made up for the express purpose of making it so that you aren't wrong.
    Their truth appears to be irrelevant to you.

Still.. Orwellian..

When what's being censored is the utterances of ill-informed fools or pure bad actors who are effectively doing the same as yelling fire in a crowded theatre, then I have no problem with it at all.

By the way, I read something online yesterday that proved beyond a doubt that Jack the Ripper was actually CQD. It's gone today though. Damn those censors...

King Mob wrote: »
    What motives would he have?

Does this also extend to people who make conspiracy claims about the vaccine?

Take a wild guess... ;)

Still.. Orwellian..

On cue here is the Orwell card straight after the victim card. We must protect the rights of people to spread lies and dangerous medical disinformation because something something 1984

By the way, I read something online yesterday that proved beyond a doubt that Jack the Ripper was actually CQD. It's gone today though. Damn those censors...

I'll have you know I had to go to great lengths to get that and a couple of comprising pictures taken down..

When what's being censored is the utterances of ill-informed fools or pure bad actors who are effectively doing the same as yelling fire in a crowded theatre, then I have no problem with it at all.

I actually heard Jack the Ripper was a time travelling Kirsty Allsop sowing the seeds of gentrification in Victorian London.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    On cue here is the Orwell card straight after the victim card. We must protect the rights of people to spread lies and dangerous medical disinformation because something something 1984

The 1984 thing is embarrassing. Rolled out by every conspiraloon, all critical thinkers who do their own research.

Same with "Gulf of Tonkin".

"OK name me one more"

"errr....."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

People should get the vaccine
    I implore people to get vaccinated

Is Bill paying you both to peddle this?

Seriously lads, you cannot come on a forum and practically beg people to take a "vaccine"

We are all consenting adults but these pleas are just warped

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Is Bill paying you both to peddle this?

Seriously lads, you cannot come on a forum and practically beg people to take a "vaccine"

We are all consenting adults but these pleas are just warped
    People should listen to the advice of actual medical experts and doctors who are backed up with evidence.

People shouldn't listen to conspiracy theorists who aren't even willing to explain and defend their beliefs.

What's warped is people knowingly making false claims during a crisis because it lets them pretend to be an expert with secret knowledge the sheep don't have.

And also, because this accusation gets thrown around a lot, no I'm not paid by any conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

I remain neutral on the subject of vaccinations. The more credible information that there is to back it up the better and this includes valid concerns.

However, my question would be why is Bill Gates advocating vaccination use when he doesn't have a background in medicine or related scientific fields

His background is in computing.

He clearly has no experience or qualifications in the area and on this basis I feel it is reasonable that people should questions his motives. The same applies to anyone who doesn't have medical qualifications.

Bill Gates probably helped save more than 100 million lives.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/14/bill-gates-philanthropy-warren-buffett-vaccines-infant-mortality

Weird how he thinks vaccines are going to help keep the population down too, as per his ted talk..

People should listen to the advice of actual medical experts and doctors who are backed up with evidence.

so are you saying you fall into this category?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,987 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Vaccine deniers are dangerous people.

They cause danger to people who cannot get vaccinated for various reasons.

Selfish ignorant dangerous people

Weird how he thinks vaccines are going to help keep the population down too, as per his ted talk..
    Yes. As he also explains in his TED talk, when health care improves, people choose to have less children.

Did you not watch the talk?

If you don't believe that is the case, what was he referring to?
    Lex Luthor wrote: »
    so are you saying you fall into this category?
    Nope. Never have. You are just desperate for some kind of point against me.

It's a very pathetic attempt at misrepresentation.

phildub wrote: »
    I am going to have an unpopular opinion here but I am not getting vaccinated. I have a BSc in pharmaceutical analysis, so I have studied the process of clinical trials and the fact that the virus was less than a year old when we got a vaccine scares me, absolutely zero long term studies done on it.
    What specifically about the vaccine's research and development have you looked into?
    Which part do you believe has been rushed to it's detriment?

Is it solely based on just how quickly it was done?

What long term effects are you concerned about?

In countries which good healthcare systems and vaccination programs we have relatively normal population growth. Conversely in poorer countries with poor systems, worse health information and low vaccination rates there is often higher population growth (e.g. people have more children due to higher infant mortality rates)

Raising healthcare and vaccination rates in those countries would actually have the effect of reducing population growth.

I don't think I need to tell you how conspiracy theorists have misinterpreted that as.

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Vaccine deniers are dangerous people.

They cause danger to people who cannot get vaccinated for various reasons.

Selfish ignorant dangerous people

people who question a jab that has a very short test period with no medium to long term safety data are dangerous?

Apparently this jab only supposedly protects the person who takes it and thats still up for debate as to how effective they are at doing that

You can still get it, still be infectious and still transmit it

So if someone chooses not to get this particular one, then by the look of it they are only potentially harming themselves, which is a personal choice

Advertisement