Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

List of Irish and EU clothing websites

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Dial Hard wrote: »
    For sportswear, Lifestylesports.com. Free next day delivery and they nearly always have discount codes available.

For gym/running/yoga gear, powercutclothing.com and peachylean.com. Ordered from both of these this week and I absolutely love their stuff. Delivery was about a fiver from each and took a couple of days.

Thanks a million for those links, both brilliant sites. Powercut are giving 30% discount if you order 2 pairs of leggings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

I'm assuming

benetton.ie and timberland.ie are safe to order from??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

I'm assuming

benetton.ie and timberland.ie are safe to order from??

Timberland ship from Netherlands - so they will have no changes .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Benetton is Italian company so yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Anyone having trouble getting items sent over here? I ordered from Surfdome on the 3rd Jan, was shipped on the 6th but sat in the DPD sortation facility for about a week. Just saw today the package was "returned to Surfdome".

Same thing happened my OH with another shop; the vendor knew nothing about it but they had obviously done something wrong in terms of customs / VAT. Hoping I still get my items!

Bloody Brexit.

• Advertisement

Anyone having trouble getting items sent over here? I ordered from Surfdome on the 3rd Jan, was shipped on the 6th but sat in the DPD sortation facility for about a week. Just saw today the package was "returned to Surfdome".

Same thing happened my OH with another shop; the vendor knew nothing about it but they had obviously done something wrong in terms of customs / VAT. Hoping I still get my items!

Bloody Brexit.

DPD suspended all EU deliveries - they weren't ready for Brexit !!
    Not sure when they will start again. If I was you I'd cancel it.

https://www.dpd.co.uk/index.jsp

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Bloody Brexit.

I got an email from Ruby Shoo, a shoe shop in the UK, saying “ We have taken a very hard decision today to temporarily close our website. This is due to problems with our delivery suppliers DHL International and DPD-UK.

It is evident that these previously, premium courier services are not coping with the current volumes of traffic being generated by current online sales across the UK, due to the pandemic.
    DPD have collected a huge number of parcels from our warehouse but have not delivered them nor scanned them into their system.

This has caused a huge backlog in our warehouse and thousands of disappointed customers for which we sincerely apologise. The service that we are currently providing has fallen way below expected standards and is not acceptable.”

So yeah, it’s a wider issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

These links are amazing! Does anyone have any good sites for homeware and decor? I know H+M and Zara have pretty good homeware selections but I can't seem to find anywhere else. Trying not to use Amazon. Is there another thread for this?

LaRedoute maybe for homewares. IKEA too.

DPD are the most frustrating courier company ever. I have to use them for work sometimes and they actually make it extra hard to book them but I wouldn't blame the current mess just on courier companies. Whole pile of sellers did not prepare needed documentation which causes issues for courier companies.

I had two deliveries from H&M and Arket that took a bit longer but were delivered.

Ogham wrote: »
    DPD suspended all EU deliveries - they weren't ready for Brexit !!
    Not sure when they will start again. If I was you I'd cancel it.

https://www.dpd.co.uk/index.jsp

Problem is though, as far as Surfdome are concerned, they've shipped the items. I'm not sure what'll happen when they get it back as I haven't asked for a refund. I still want to get the clothes, so they'll need to find another way to ship them, or sort out the customs issue.
    Faith wrote: »
    I got an email from Ruby Shoo, a shoe shop in the UK, saying “ We have taken a very hard decision today to temporarily close our website. This is due to problems with our delivery suppliers DHL International and DPD-UK.

It is evident that these previously, premium courier services are not coping with the current volumes of traffic being generated by current online sales across the UK, due to the pandemic.
    DPD have collected a huge number of parcels from our warehouse but have not delivered them nor scanned them into their system.

This has caused a huge backlog in our warehouse and thousands of disappointed customers for which we sincerely apologise. The service that we are currently providing has fallen way below expected standards and is not acceptable.”

So yeah, it’s a wider issue.

That's not the issue though. It's not volume. It's the whole customs / VAT / incorrect documents issue which is prevent packages arriving from the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

LazyClouds wrote: »
    These links are amazing! Does anyone have any good sites for homeware and decor? I know H+M and Zara have pretty good homeware selections but I can't seem to find anywhere else. Trying not to use Amazon. Is there another thread for this?

Ok, some Irish sites which may be options for homeware and decor:
    Arnotts
    Meadows and Byrne
    April and the bear
    Anthony Ryans
    Avoca
    Haus Concept Store
    The Old Mill Stores
    Kilkenny Shop
    Carraig Donn
    Mcelhinneys

Image.ie list for Irish homeware retailers

Two options from my earlier posts :)
    El Corte Inglés

LaRedoute

Happy shopping! :D

This website seems to have a few good shopping sites listed - probably a few that have already been mentioned.

http://shoponlineireland.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ennione

I like Millies.ie for Olaplex, Kerastase, Dermalogica. I'm not sure what else they stock, but nice site, good delivery, and based in Kildare.

meeeeh wrote: »
    LaRedoute maybe for homewares.

I would warn against using LaRedoute.com!!

I had an appalling customer service experience with them. I made an order last Summer when there was no Brexit and Covid was much easier. I had to wait almost 10 weeks for delivery.

The items were out of stock apparently when I ordered them even though the website had them marked as in stock. This was a big order of 3 items costing over €350. They all arrived separately, no email confirmation about order being received or dispatched. I literally hadn't a clue what was going on. Emails were NEVER answered, I was tearing my hair out.
    While their products were very nice when they arrived I would NEVER use them again, it just wasn't worth the stress.

In case you think it was a one off, check out the reviews on TrustPilot. https://www.reviews.io/company-reviews/store/la-redoute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I would warn against using LaRedoute.com!!

I had an appalling customer service experience with them. I made an order last Summer when there was no Brexit and Covid was much easier. I had to wait almost 10 weeks for delivery.

Thanks for that, these reviews are something else! I had 5 orders arrive without a glitch (definitely slower with Covid and Brexit) but they were not high value so lower risk...

I never had any issues with LaRedoute but I only ordered clothes from them. For homeware/furniture Arnotts were by far the worst. Months of delays, not answering emails, providing inaccurate info for items that costed well above 1000 Euro.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I never had any issues with LaRedoute but I only ordered clothes from them. For homeware/furniture Arnotts were by far the worst. Months of delays, not answering emails, providing inaccurate info for items that costed well above 1000 Euro.

Wish I’d read this a couple of weeks ago... currently waiting for a parcel that was supposedly dispatched a couple of weeks ago, but the tracking number just says “awaiting receipt of your parcel” and I’ve not had any replies to my emails. Thankfully it’s just towels and cost less than €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

jos28 wrote: »
    Thanks a million for those links, both brilliant sites. Powercut are giving 30% discount if you order 2 pairs of leggings :)

Also 50% off bras when you buy them with leggings.

Having worn both brands now I am 100% in love with Powercut. Will be ordering loads more as soon as I get paid.

The PeachyLeans are... grand? Fine if you were wearing them just for pottering around, doing messages etc. but I found they sagged a bit on a run whereas the Powercuts did not budge. They also have a reinforced bum which made me feel a bit like I was wearing a nappy...

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Also 50% off bras when you buy them with leggings.

Having worn both brands now I am 100% in love with Powercut. Will be ordering loads more as soon as I get paid.

The PeachyLeans are... grand? Fine if you were wearing them just for pottering around, doing messages etc. but I found they sagged a bit on a run whereas the Powercuts did not budge. They also have a reinforced bum which made me feel a bit like I was wearing a nappy...

I would love to try out Powercut leggings but they seem to be sold out of sizes (specifically medium) in a lot of leggings... :confused:
    Do they restock often?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Foxford are a good Irish option for quality homewares/furniture. I’ve bought stuff for the house there and always happy with quality and service.

• Advertisement

I would love to try out Powercut leggings but they seem to be sold out of sizes (specifically medium) in a lot of leggings... :confused:
    Do they restock often?

According to their FB page, they will have new stock first week of Feb

Daisy78 wrote: »
    Foxford are a good Irish option for quality homewares/furniture. I’ve bought stuff for the house there and always happy with quality and service.

Me too, bought some bed linen and throws and very pleased.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I just ordered from Lululemon and they're shipping from Netherlands.

Placed a Surfdome order on 1st Jan. Was due to arrive 6th Jan. Still not here.

DPD had sent it back to them as the customs details weren't up to date, so they are waiting to receive it back before they can resend it to me. I asked them why they couldn't just send me another order of the same items, to save time, but haven't heard back yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Any suggestions for bras?

I haven't bought a bra in Ireland in about 15 years - pretty much exclusively Bravissimo between their website and regular UK visits. They've closed their store in Belfast (not that we can go there anyway). I'm big busted and most department stores have a sad or non-existent choice in my size range.

Have actually got a £10 voucher for Bravissimo but I don't think that'll cover the customs stuff, about which their website has an unhelpful "we don't know what it will cost, check your customs & excise" note.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

pinkypinky wrote: »

I haven't bought a bra in Ireland in about 15 years - pretty much exclusively Bravissimo between their website and regular UK visits. They've closed their store in Belfast (not that we can go there anyway). I'm big busted and most department stores have a sad or non-existent choice in my size range.

Have actually got a £10 voucher for Bravissimo but I don't think that'll cover the customs stuff, about which their website has an unhelpful "we don't know what it will cost, check your customs & excise" note.

I used to by my bras from either Debenhams or House of Fraser but Arnotts have a decent range for DD+ so I just got two new bras (G cups) delivered a week ago and they're perfect.

pinkypinky wrote: »

Zalando seem to have a fairly substantial stock (free delivery and free returns, and they regularly have price drops and/or discount codes).

AboutYou (another German website w/ free shipping and returns) also seem to have a number of brands, however I'm not too sure of size ranges.

Marks and Spencer might be an option, (no worries with them for customs, etc.) although I imagine they stock a limited range of sizes.

Marks and Spencer might be an option, (no worries with them for customs, etc.) although I imagine they stock a limited range of sizes.

I wouldn't be so sure about M&S yet. You could get hit for duty on orders over €150. They don't include it at checkout. But I did see that their website is due to be out of action Saturday night for an "upgrade" - so maybe they are sorting that out.

Ogham wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure about M&S yet. You could get hit for duty on orders over €150. They don't include it at checkout. But I did see that their website is due to be out of action Saturday night for an "upgrade" - so maybe they are sorting that out.

As far as I know they set up warehousing in EU and have Irish vat number so there are no customs on online orders (Irish website, I'm not sure how it is if you try to buy from UK website). Same goes for Next and Asos as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

As far as I know they set up warehousing in EU and have Irish vat number so there are no customs on online orders (Irish website, I'm not sure how it is if you try to buy from UK website). Same goes for Next and Asos as far as I know.

I placed a Next order earlier this month and half of it came from Belfast and the other half came from England.

Advertisement