Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

He's getting a bit of a name for himself alright.

Counterfeit Tuna is my guess. Probably crossing the border heading for the ferry in a horsebox as we type...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

NcdJd wrote: »
    Counterfeit Tuna is my guess. Probably crossing the border heading for the ferry in a horsebox as we type...

With bushes tied to it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Buford killed Fungi!!

photos or gtfo :pac:

I reckon its a stitch up by the veggie disk people. Poor Buford :(

Fungi has been 'rescued' and is now living in someone's living room. The fact that he needs water has completely passed them by. He is starting to hum somewhat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

gozunda wrote: »
    photos or gtfo :pac:

I reckon its a stitch up by the veggie disk people. Poor Buford :(

Fungi has been 'rescued' and is now living in someone's living room. The fact that he needs water has completely passed them by. He is starting to hum somewhat...

Probably force feeding him broccoli :(

Buford that is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

NcdJd wrote: »
    Probably force feeding him broccoli :(

Buford that is :D

Probably has him in the parlour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Reggie. wrote: »
    Probably has him in the parlour

Trying out a new three way cross on the herd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I'm sayin nuttin!

All my solicitor says I can say is you simply don't bring a pair of flippers to a gun fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Jjameson wrote: »
    Such escapades gel to reaffirm my relationship with God!
    I hope all goes well the next day. Is he amongst cattle now?

Ya he ended up with a batch of stores who are predominantly quiet whiteheads.
    From a batch of 8 that I bought last April 5 are gone now thank God. So still this mad bsatard, another almost as bad and a quite lad.
    When I told my man where they came out last April he wasn't surprised. Said the previous owner would be giving out about the price he would get in the mart. The reason was obvious as his stock would be fit to jump the ring most of the time. Farming from the ditch as they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The Rabbi

wrangler wrote: »
    And the voters agree with IFA, :D

That's a great victiory,beating vegans in a journal poll.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The Rabbi wrote: »

Shush will ya. We don't to go upsetting them again. Tbf It's more for the humour there. I do have to laugh at the comments of the permanently outraged in the Journal. They're better than the beano for a laugh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

The Rabbi wrote: »

If you go back to original post, it was implied that it wasn't an issue,
    If it was up for discussion in the EU this week IFA would've been asked for an opinion. I doubt they would've put too much time into it.
    Likewise during the week it was reported that six out of a commitee of 50 on the IFA national Executive proposed a vote of no confidence in Tara Mc Carthy.
    Again the begrudgers in Beef Plan had to criticise even though I don't think it was passed. You couldn't make it up really..... again sad lot.
    It amazes me how we don't have the best beef prices/ government/ Covid nos in the world with all the self elected experts out there. The particular character I know wouldn't be a great example of anything well managed

wrangler wrote: »
    If you go back to original post, it was implied that it wasn't an issue,
    If it was up for discussion in the EU this week IFA would've been asked for an opinion. I doubt they would've put too much time into it.
    Likewise during the week it was reported that six out of a commitee of 50 on the IFA national Executive proposed a vote of no confidence in Tara Mc Carthy.
    Again the begrudgers in Beef Plan had to criticise even though I don't think it was passed. You couldn't make it up really..... again sad lot.
    It amazes me how we don't have the best beef prices/ government/ Covid nos in the world with all the self elected experts out there. The particular character I know wouldn't be a great example of anything well managed

To be fair wrangler - the poster whom I was quoting was under the impression that the IFA - was a collective name for Irish farmers . And that it was Irish farmers themselves alone were taking this petition to Europe. Many of the comments with the article seem to follow the same general idea of farmers supposedly doing this because they are 'bitter' etc. The same bs ideas were been run in the vegetable forum

• Registered Users Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

To be fair wrangler - the poster whom I was quoting was under the impression that the IFA - was every single Irish farmer. And that it was Irish farmers themselves alone were taking this petition to Europe. Many of the comments with the article seem to follow the same general idea of farmers supposedly doing this because they are 'bitter' etc. The same bs ideas were been run in the vegetable forum

I have no opinion either way on what veggie burgers etc should be called but IFA can't say that because there's those out there that are only looking for a soft hit against them.
    There's not as many press releases coming from IFA either and I'll guarantee you it's because of those same keyboard cowards warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 18,464 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

To be fair wrangler - the poster whom I was quoting was under the impression that the IFA - was a collective name for Irish farmers . And that it was Irish farmers themselves alone were taking this petition to Europe. Many of the comments with the article seem to follow the same general idea of farmers supposedly doing this because they are 'bitter' etc. The same bs ideas were been run in the vegetable forum

"the vegetable forum" :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭tanko

Two farmers close to me both lost a cow to tetany this morning, suckler cows with calves on them. Plenty of pneumonia about also, it’s dangerous weather for cattle now.

Piece just finished on the Moncreif show about hal-al abattoirs and how most of them now support stunning of animals before slaughter. It would appear that it is a largely older profile who do not support stunning. Glad to see some development in this area tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

The big white bull got caught in one of our new creep gates yesterday. Had to laugh as it's the second time he had to be doused in calving lube to get him out!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,103 ✭✭✭✭Water John

TheFarrier wrote: »
    27 inches from top of wall to top of railway track upright.

Haven’t measured any barrier but any I’ve seen were a good bit higher than that

Barrier 38 inches high, bolt holes about 36 inches apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Water John wrote: »
    Barrier 38 inches high, bolt holes about 36 inches apart.

Gentleman. Thank you.

A neighbour has a surplus barrier he’d let go I measured his this morning.

Debating now if I’d be better bolting the barrier at group level outside the wall, or bolt a heavy angle to the short train track upright to extend it the required foot that would allow me bolt the barrier on top of the wall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Local tennis club refund part of the 2019/2020 fee back in July.
    Golf clubs are dealing with a different scenario this last ten years.
    Now with new courses, and fellows ( in particular) going in for other sports and pastimes, they have to fight to get members.
    Our local club in Cavan town used to be so difficult to get into that you really needed to have a relative a member to vouch for you, and even then it could take years.
    Between the property crash and the rise in the popularity of both cycling and all weather pitches for 5 a side etc, everycourse has a big sign up advertising for members.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

The big white bull got caught in one of our new creep gates yesterday. Had to laugh as it's the second time he had to be doused in calving lube to get him out!! :D

Thanks for the tip, great idea the calving lube.

We have had to cut barriers twice, once with a heavily pregnant cow getting stuck in a crush and a calf stuck at the hips trying to force his way back into a pen.

Thanks for the tip, great idea the calving lube.

We have had to cut barriers twice, once with a heavily pregnant cow getting stuck in a crush and a calf stuck at the hips trying to force his way back into a pen.

Used it before on a bull who got his head stuck after lying down in a pen. But for him I eventually had to go for the bottle jack to widen the gate a couple of inches. Just easier & less stressful than a grinder & it can just give that extra slide that's needed.
    Knew this fella could fit out but he'd gotten both legs stuck over the gate & was just lying back on his arse & making it bulge even more. I'd say he was going out & a cow pushed him back & he just flopped down.
    Hate cutting bars!

I could have told them this YEARS ago :D

https://twitter.com/ThisisiRadio/status/1319164080721186816

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

They must have been following your twitter feed Lady Haywire

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Stress relief? I took a screenshot of my online bank account this morning to carry around with me for the winter and open up when I get depressed,,,,,:rolleyes:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I see in the Journal that calves are exempt from tb testing up to 120 days old, the same as it was during the last lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,033 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

blue5000 wrote: »
    Stress relief? I took a screenshot of my online bank account this morning to carry around with me for the winter and open up when I get depressed,,,,,:rolleyes:

Before tax and insurance come out :cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Base price wrote: »
    I see in the Journal that calves are exempt from tb testing up to 120 days old, the same as it was during the last lockdown.

When does that derogation take effect Base?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭Base price

When does that derogation take effect Base?
    From today.

Advertisement