Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Dionaibh wrote: »

Whats interesting about it? That these Capstone Report guys are insane religious nutjobs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Dionaibh

The Nal wrote: »
    Whats interesting about it? That these Capstone Report guys are insane religious nutjobs?

Did you read the article?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yep, usual stuff. God, Soros, elites, taking our liberties etc. I also researched the author.

First line is a red flag.

"The Woke believe they are awakened to the truth while the masses sleep; therefore, only the Woke feel entitled to lead America and your Evangelical church"

So evangelicals then. Lauding Oliver Cromwell. They stopped just short of "heritage".

What did you find interesting about it?

From a website that blames Biden for the lack of response to the current storms in the gulf coast. Couldnt make it up.

https://capstonereport.com/2020/09/16/joe-biden-acts-like-hillary-clinton-and-ignores-storm-victims/34949/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

what did you find interesting about the article? It is bad form to just dump a link without giving your own opinion.

what did you find interesting about the article? It is bad form to just dump a link without giving your own opinion.

Sorry, you're right.

I thought the author described the motivations behind The Great Reset well.

"The entire push for a Great Reset is ideological. It is a belief that capitalism is inherently “less equal.” So, it requires big government with wealth transfers, increased regulation and other draconian powers to enforce equality."

• Advertisement

https://winteroak.org.uk/2020/10/05/klaus-schwab-and-his-great-fascist-reset/amp/

"The WEF aims to replace democracy with a global leadership of hand-picked unelected individuals whose duty is not to serve the public, but to impose the rule of the 1% on that public with as little interference from the rest of us as possible."

Scary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Dionaibh wrote:
    "The entire push for a Great Reset is ideological. It is a belief that capitalism is inherently “less equal.†So, it requires big government with wealth transfers, increased regulation and other draconian powers to enforce equality."

Maybe it's our current form of capitalism that's the problem, maybe we need to change to another form, that reduces inequality, maybe we ve deregulated critical sectors such as the fire sectors (finance, insurance and real estate), maybe our political institutions are required for this?
    Dionaibh wrote:
    "The WEF aims to replace democracy with a global leadership of hand-picked unelected individuals whose duty is not to serve the public, but to impose the rule of the 1% on that public with as little interference from the rest of us as possible."

De-demoratisation of our societies is largely a bi-product, and a critical component of our current form of capitalism, neoliberalism, in which most of our major economic organisations such as the wef operate under. it's largely unintentionally practised, we have managed to convince ourselves, that this behaviour is good for humanity, that the tide rises and the wealth trickles down, it's partly true, but largely untrue. I'm sorry folks, but there's no conspiracy, we ve just managed to conspire against ourselves, implementing a form of capitalism that's potentially lethal to all humans, including the wealthy, it's time to move on from it.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Maybe it's our current form of capitalism that's the problem, maybe we need to change to another form, that reduces inequality, maybe we ve deregulated critical sectors such as the fire sectors (finance, insurance and real estate), maybe our political institutions are required for this?

De-demoratisation of our societies is largely a bi-product, and a critical component of our current form of capitalism, neoliberalism, in which most of our major economic organisations such as the wef operate under. it's largely unintentionally practised, we have managed to convince ourselves, that this behaviour is good for humanity, that the tide rises and the wealth trickles down, it's partly true, but largely untrue. I'm sorry folks, but there's no conspiracy, we ve just managed to conspire against ourselves, implementing a form of capitalism that's potentially lethal to all humans, including the wealthy, it's time to move on from it.

But do you not think that the Great Reset is about more than just a new form of capitalism? Is the aim to enslave us?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I am going to bite as I love these conspiracy theories but I can never get an answer to a very basic question, maybe the OP can answer.
    • Who is behind the great reset ?
    • How do they benefit from it?
    • What interest have they in "controlling" John Q. Citizen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,223 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

the aim to enslave us?
    Where do you get this notion from?

Where do the people behind the Great Reset state this?
    Please provide a quote.

• Advertisement

PaulieC wrote: »
    I am going to bite as I love these conspiracy theories but I can never get an answer to a very basic question, maybe the OP can answer.
    • Who is behind the great reset ?
    • How do they benefit from it?
    • What interest have they in "controlling" John Q. Citizen ?

1. The World Economic Forum is behind the Great Reset.

2. They benefit by having control over humanity, and changing the world to achieve their climate change goals.

3. Good question. But I imagine it's the lust for power. Plus, if they can control people they can make sure that we behave according to how they want us to behave.

King Mob wrote: »
    Where do you get this notion from?

Where do the people behind the Great Reset state this?
    Please provide a quote.

If you read articles about the Great Reset it's reasonable to come to the conclusion that the aim is to enslave human beings and to concentrate all power in the hands of a global elite.

They haven't said that that's the plan, but if you read between the lines that appears to be what the aim is.

If you read articles about the Great Reset it's reasonable to come to the conclusion that the aim is to enslave human beings and to concentrate all power in the hands of a global elite.
    Lol. No, that's not a reasonable conclusion at all.
    They haven't said that that's the plan, but if you read between the lines that appears to be what the aim is.
    So they haven't said that's their plan.

I thought you were claiming they were doing everything out in the open?

Lol. No, that's not a reasonable conclusion at all.

So they haven't said that's their plan.

I thought you were claiming they were doing everything out in the open?

That blog post / article I posted quotes Klaus Schwab and it sounds terrifying. WEF has floated the idea of health passports. They want to change the world, and they're going to. Even if we don't end up being enslaved we're going to be considerable less free. And they're following the script again. The Prime Minister of Canada spoke of 'build back better' and 'the great reset'. Boris Johnson is going on about 'build back better'. So is Biden. And they all followed the script with 'new normal' five minutes after the declaration of a pandemic.

They are out in the open, but I think coming out and saying 'we're going to enslave you' would be going too far. So they leave it up to us to read between the lines. But I of course could be wrong. I'm open to being wrong, but from what I've read it sounds like massive changes are nigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

That blog post / article I posted quotes Klaus Schwab and it sounds terrifying. WEF has floated the idea of health passports. They want to change the world, and they're going to. Even if we don't end up being enslaved we're going to be considerable less free. And they're following the script again. The Prime Minister of Canada spoke of 'build back better' and 'the great reset'. Boris Johnson is going on about 'build back better'. So is Biden. And they all followed the script with 'new normal' five minutes after the declaration of a pandemic.

They are out in the open, but I think coming out and saying 'we're going to enslave you' would be going too far. So they leave it up to us to read between the lines. But I of course could be wrong. I'm open to being wrong, but from what I've read it sounds like massive changes are nigh.

I bet the same was said when the automobile, train, plane, computers, Internet were invented. And they would have been right. But they were all for the good, what makes you think change will be bad?

I bet the same was said when the automobile, train, plane, computers, Internet were invented. And they would have been right. But they were all for the good, what makes you think change will be bad?

Because they have spoken of health passports, a digital economy / currency, digital ids, transhumanism, and chipping human beings. I don't like the sound of any of them.

That blog post / article I posted quotes Klaus Schwab and it sounds terrifying.
    But again, you can't explain why it's terrifying. It's just more vague insinuations from yourself with no actual substance. It's all just nonsense you've read from conspiracy blogs and never thought critically about.
    They are out in the open, but I think coming out and saying 'we're going to enslave you' would be going too far. So they leave it up to us to read between the lines.
    This is a contradiction.
    You are saying that they are being open and they aren't being open.

This is a common silly conceit that many paranoid conspiracy theories have.
    The conspirators have to be "doing it in the open" so there's clues for the conspiracy theorists to find. There's often no explanation for why the conspirators would be doing it openly.

Then when the conspiracy theorist runs into an issue with this, they will flip and say that the conspirators are obviously doing everything in secret.
    This is usually in response to requests for evidence or like above asking for direct quotes.

It's a very silly and dishonest position, but it's one that lets conspiracy theories avoid scrutiny.

But do you not think that the Great Reset is about more than just a new form of capitalism? Is the aim to enslave us?

unfortunately, humanity has a history of enslaving itself, theres not a conspiracy to do so, it is of our own making, again, this is largely unintentional, but of course there is also intention within these actions

But again, you can't explain why it's terrifying. It's just more vague insinuations from yourself with no actual substance. It's all just nonsense you've read from conspiracy blogs and never thought critically about.

This is a contradiction.
    You are saying that they are being open and they aren't being open.

This is a common silly conceit that many paranoid conspiracy theories have.
    The conspirators have to be "doing it in the open" so there's clues for the conspiracy theorists to find. There's often no explanation for why the conspirators would be doing it openly.

Then when the conspiracy theorist runs into an issue with this, they will flip and say that the conspirators are obviously doing everything in secret.
    This is usually in response to requests for evidence or like above asking for direct quotes.

It's a very silly and dishonest position, but it's one that lets conspiracy theories avoid scrutiny.

Dave Cullen breaks it all down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gkUJk4dvaM

But the authors of the blogs quote people involved with the Great Reset.

I'm saying that they're being open, but that they know that "we're going to enslave you" would make even the most compliant stand up and take notice. So they don't come out with it directly.

A conspiracy theory suggests secret knowledge of a nefarious plan. But there's no secret knowledge in this case. It's all there for people to read about.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    unfortunately, humanity has a history of enslaving itself, theres not a conspiracy to do so, it is of our own making, again, this is largely unintentional, but of course there is also intention within these actions

How is it of our own making? The way I see it WEF has decided for the world that we need a new world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

How is it of our own making? The way I see it WEF has decided for the world that we need a new world.

when you say "world" can you clarify what you mean? the entire world? The western world only? what

"The pause during lockdown created by the pandemic will result in a 7% decrease in global emissions in 2020. The UN states that we need a decrease of 7.6% every year until 2030 to avoid climate and ecological disaster. This means we need to maintain the same decrease every year as if we were living in lockdown."

From https://greatreset.com/

Is it still a conspiracy theory?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The Nal wrote: »
    Former Bank of England Governor Lord Mervyn King is hardly a religious nutjob?
    Here he says in this pre covid year old article that nothing has changed since the 2008 meltdown and without using the word 'reset' he does mention talks 'behind closed doors' and 'a suspension of some of the rules' which basically is resetting the world economy.
    Lets hope these 'talks behind closed doors' are underway so we can get back to some sort of normality!
    King said it was time for the Federal Reserve and other central banks to begin talks behind closed doors with politicians to make legislators aware of how vulnerable they would be in the event of another crisis.

He said: “Congress would be confronted with a choice between financial armageddon and a suspension of some of the rules that were introduced after the last crisis to limit the ability of the Fed to lend.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/oct/20/world-sleepwalking-to-another-financial-crisis-says-mervyn-king (click I'll do it later to read article)

humanity in its entirety has created ideologies such as neoliberalism, and has helped it grow, for example, you d be surprised of the amount of people who truly beleive ideas such as, 'the market knows best', the market is always efficient, the state is inefficient'. 'a rising tide lifts all boats', 'the wealth trickles down', these are comments created by humans, believed by many humans and encouraged by humans, i.e. we are creating our own conspiracy against ourselves!

Dave Cullen breaks it all down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gkUJk4dvaM

But the authors of the blogs quote people involved with the Great Reset.
    But we've covered this before.
    People, especially cranks on youtube, can misrepresent things to make them seem more sinister.
    You keep forgetting this and keep falling for the easiest grift in the book
    I'm saying that they're being open, but that they know that "we're going to enslave you" would make even the most compliant stand up and take notice. So they don't come out with it directly.

A conspiracy theory suggests secret knowledge of a nefarious plan. But there's no secret knowledge in this case. It's all there for people to read about.
    Again, you're saying contradictory things.

But we've covered this before.
    People, especially cranks on youtube, can misrepresent things to make them seem more sinister.
    You keep forgetting this and keep falling for the easiest grift in the book

Again, you're saying contradictory things.

But Dave Cullen quotes the following from the Great Reset website:

"The pause during lockdown created by the pandemic will result in a 7% decrease in global emissions in 2020. The UN states that we need a decrease of 7.6% every year until 2030 to avoid climate and ecological disaster. This means we need to maintain the same decrease every year as if we were living in lockdown."

What does "as if we were living in lockdown" mean to you? Doesn't it suggest that the way we're living now is to be permanent?

But Dave Cullen quotes the following from the Great Reset website:

What does "as if we were living in lockdown" mean to you? Doesn't it suggest that the way we're living now is to be permanent?

No

No

What do you think it means?

What do you think it means?

It means we need to decrease emissions. Its not rocket science.

• Advertisement

It means we need to decrease emissions. Its not rocket science.

Yes, but "as if we were living in lockdown" suggests a continuation of distancing, masks, less flying etc, does it not?

Advertisement