Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which town woud you recommend?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭fifigogo

Yes I think you're right. I know the EA is showing the house tomorrow(Tuesday). I've made an offer anyway. I'm interested to see what happens and how long before he gets back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

I noticed you have driven down a few times but if this is to be your home for the next 20 years you should consider renting a place for a few nights to get a proper feel for the place.

I was in a similar position to you 9 years ago (see https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055501866) - we moved to Carrick and have since bought a house and have 2 kids (boys aged 6 and 4). We are very settled here and have no regrets whatsoever.

It took us about 4 years to find a house we wanted to buy - we weren't very fussy but good family homes near Carrick on Shannon are hard to find. Send me a PM and you can call or meet me if that helps.

fergalfrog wrote: »
    I noticed you have driven down a few times but if this is to be your home for the next 20 years you should consider renting a place for a few nights to get a proper feel for the place.

I was in a similar position to you 9 years ago (see https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055501866) - we moved to Carrick and have since bought a house and have 2 kids (boys aged 6 and 4). We are very settled here and have no regrets whatsoever.

It took us about 4 years to find a house we wanted to buy - we weren't very fussy but good family homes near Carrick on Shannon are hard to find. Send me a PM and you can call or meet me if that helps.

Hi Fergalfrog. I've read that thread before and had wondered if you ever found a house. Congratulations! Although we haven't been looking very long, it is frustrating all the same and we have discussed about renting first as it is going to take us a lot longer to find a place to call home. We've been viewing more properties since I last posted and although we haven't actually spent a few days in Leitrim in one sitting, we are getting a good feel for the place. We're renting in Dublin atm and will be for another few months until our lease finishes so we will keep looking. Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AdrianLM

We've been viewing more properties since I last posted and although we haven't actually spent a few days in Leitrim in one sitting, we are getting a good feel for the place. We're renting in Dublin atm and will be for another few months until our lease finishes so we will keep looking.

Any update since?

AdrianLM wrote: »
    Any update since?

No update on properties in Leitrim. We have viewed a bungalow in Blacklion, Co Cavan, just off the N16 to Sligo. It needs a bit of updating but other than that, it's what we're looking for. It's not exactly Leitrim but we're considering it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AdrianLM

Yea, I know Blacklion. Not too far from kilytclogher as it happens. Enniskillen would be your nearest big town. Nearest Secondary school would be Manorhamilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

fifigogo wrote: »
    What is it about Leitrim that makes people "Pfft....Leitrim, ha!". As soon as I mention that I'm thinking of buying in Leitrim that's exactly their remark. The county was getting a slaggin' on the radio this morning too.

I lived in Leitrim for four happy years. Near Drumkeeran, Lovely scenery and towns. drumshanbo was my favourite. Manorhamilton is fine too. Glencar....

Advertisement