Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

D4 hotels 20.09 euro per night

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭d4hotels

rameire wrote: »
    stayed in the court on valentines night with the missus, great hotel, well kept, thank you pat.

pat just to let you know the shower head in the room was a bit loose, just needs a bit of a tighten (432).

meant to tell the receptionist, but was having too much fun giggling at the peoples bills infront of me.

cheers again.

Will pass on the shower info

• Registered Users Posts: 6 daedilus

Thanks for the reply- thats great, not sure how to book- do i ring or can i do it on the website?

daedilus wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply- thats great, not sure how to book- do i ring or can i do it on the website?

What was the question again?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭DaveMR

Without knocking the great deals you've done for us so far (me incl!)
    Any chance of a password for the radio special?
    I dont appear to have my pc in portugal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 omm

Hi there d4hotels,

any chance of a double room for 2 in the towers on 7th march, how do I go about booking. Is a suite much more expensive?

Thanks

• Advertisement

DaveMR wrote: »
    Without knocking the great deals you've done for us so far (me incl!)
    Any chance of a password for the radio special?
    I dont appear to have my pc in portugal :)

Hi Dave,

Are you trying to get me fired ( ha ha) Best way for this type of request is pm.

Pat

omm wrote: »
    Hi there d4hotels,

any chance of a double room for 2 in the towers on 7th march, how do I go about booking. Is a suite much more expensive?

Thanks

Hi,

The boards special is available for the Inn?
    ]If u want to book go to www.d4hotels.ie under events 2009 is an icon saying you are forbidden to talk about it. Click on this and password is BOARDS (caps) Then drop me an a pm and wll try to upgrade to Towers. Suites would cost a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

nikimc wrote: »
    Thanks. We were looking at getting the 3 day freedom ticket that includes the airlink, is this the same as the Aircoach ?
    The three day freedom ticket applies to Dublin Bus services, including the Airlink. The Aircoach however is not the same as the Airlink, it is a private bus and not part of Dublin Bus. I dont know its route very well but you can check it on www.dublinbus.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

D4 Hotels - March Madness Rooms for just €29.09‏

Applies to the first 13 days of march only,,sun to fri

tantipie wrote: »
    D4 Hotels - March Madness Rooms for just €29.09‏

Applies to the first 13 days of march only,,sun to fri

Hi,

This is going to run for a short time. sent out email blast and bookings flying in so will have to close out dates as they get busy.

Pat

• Advertisement

Hi,

Not going to be online much today so maybe delays in gettng back to pms.

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gaillimheach

Stayed in the Court last night and am there again tonight. Hotel was full. Having a great time. Got the 20.09 euro per room deal. Room is spotless, spacious enough. Great tv with a good screen, bathroom very clean, shower working very well. Plenty of toiletries etc. Got to read a free Irish Times yesterday in the bar! Piano music in the lobby tonight.

Breakfast = extra: the cooked breakfast is 15 euro something. We got the other one, for 10 euro something and it was plentiful: fruit with yogurt, freshly squeezed orange juice, cereal, toast, best homemade brown bread I've ever tasted.

Lunch in bar, about 12 euro per person for toasted special with pot of tea and I can't remember what else.

Service = great. Hotel quiet. Carpets, curtains, bedding in perfect condition - no "faded grandeur". Décor good. Front door was being painted yesterday.

Dinner: three-course meal for 25 euro. Lots of choice. Very good.

Thanks a mill. to D4Hotels and best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Pat,
    Thanks again for sorting out my Dad's stay, you're a star!!
    Booked a room for myself on Monday just now as well. I usually have to stay in 'total dives' when I'm researching in Dublin (starving student & all that) but at these prices I can afford to treat myself.:D

Hi,

Going offline now. If I have missed any pms or emails please send again.

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Booked 2 nights in Ballsbridge Court reat price and falls in with a trip I hade to make anyway.

Anyone got the GPS coordinates for this Hotel?

Can't seem to find it on my Garmin and don't want to be going round in circles looking for the entrance to the carpark :(

Thanks

Hi D4hotels
    I have made an Error in my booking, PM'd you the details.

If you could change that I would be greatful ;)

Thanks.

Update: I phoned this morning and was able to change it. ( after reading more of the thread i see your off the weekend ;).... )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Right, quick review as i'm wrecked

Stayed there last night, and I was very impressed

By pure chance, the meeting I went to Dublin for was in one of the Conference Rooms! :eek: Conference Room (The Liffy Suite) was fine

Went for food in the Dubliner - Basic bar food but fine, no complaints. Portion of chips I got with it was tiny, once I mentioned it to the waitress she immediately got me more without making a deal about it - that's my idea of good service

Checked in and was on the 7th floor. On the 7th floor, I think if you have an odd number room you'll be at the rear, even number you'll be at the front. Try to get an even number and you'll have a nicer view

The receptionist was very friendly and I was checked in instantly. The hotel was nice and lively (ie plenty of people around during the day) which I loved. The lobby was very comfortable and relaxing. Room was clean, I checked for dust on the window sill, top of doors etc. and none found. Bathroom also clean, plenty of hot pressurised water from the shower. There was a trouser press, iron etc. in the wardrobe. Plenty of channels on teh TV (just flicked it on for a few mins as I wasn't in the hotel room long). The rooms/halls had a real charm about them, it was just a cosy feeling. Yes, it's not the most modern hotel in the world and is a few years old but this adds to the cosy charm imho

Arrived back last night pretty late for dinner (was after 10pm) so couldn't get a table in the restaurant which was a pitty was it would have been convenient - Not to worry, went up the road for a Chineese instead. Arrived back from dinner sloshed from wine so decided to go for some more in the bar :D Really friendly bar staff and plenty talkative etc. as things weren't too busy. Again, the lobby was really cosy - I'd normally never drink in a bar on my own (was with the GF last night and we got talking to others at the bar too) but wouldn't have a problem sitting back in the lobby with a cold one just relaxing

The ONLY thing was that there were only 2 pillows on the bed, there should have been 4. There was an extra 1 pillow in the wardrobe but it kinda un-evened things as there were 2 of us in the bed. It bothered me so little that I didn't bother going down to Reception to get another one.

I'm spending another 2 nights in the Court in a fortnight and can't wait. Nice one D4Hotels!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

In relation to say Grafton street how far are these hotels ?

Sarge wrote: »
    In relation to say Grafton street how far are these hotels ?

About a 15 min relaxed walk - I wouldn't consider getting a taxi it's so close (even after a few drinks) and a pretty safe area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭dorothygale

Looks like the rate is now €59?

• Advertisement

Cool thanks theres 4 of us heading down for snow patrol concert and few bevies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

m8 wrote: »
    Booked 2 nights in Ballsbridge Court reat price and falls in with a trip I hade to make anyway.

Can't seem to find it on my Garmin and don't want to be going round in circles looking for the entrance to the carpark :(

Thanks

You should use Google Earth for coordinates and then just pop them in to your sat nav.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Thanks

Try Jury's Ballsbridge as the Address on your SatNav.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Sarge wrote: »
    Cool thanks theres 4 of us heading down for snow patrol concert and few bevies :D

are you goin the sat or sun night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Looks like the rate is now €59?

You have to use the Boards Special Login.

Go to Homepage -> Events 2009 -> Click on the middle white photo with the cloud. PW: BOARDS

Then you get the special room rate of €39

dragonfly! wrote: »
    are you goin the sat or sun night?

going on sunday mate , how come ?

Yes but you would have to know what your looking at, I don't know where the entrance is to the carpark?
    Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    You should use Google Earth for coordinates and then just pop them in to your sat nav.

Yes but you would have to know what your looking at, I don't know where the entrance is to the carpark?

It's at the corner of Lansdowne/Pembroke Rd - On Google Maps it's marked with a load of bus stops. Also on Google Maps (Satelite view), if you use a bit of lateral thinking you'll see that there's a break in the wall - this is the entrance. Infact it's marked damn well on Google Maps, don't see how you could miss it? :confused:

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 queenbe

if i book a family room can you squeeze 3 adults in,,says 2 adults 2 kids,,but wat if we no kids,,we doing the great ireland run and trying to budget,,

• Advertisement

queenbe wrote: »
    if i book a family room can you squeeze 3 adults in,,says 2 adults 2 kids,,but wat if we no kids,,we doing the great ireland run and trying to budget,,

Family rooms have 2 double beds

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement