Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Latest Purchases 2.0 - Mod note in first post

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

leahyl wrote: »
    Has anybody every ordered clothes from Vavavoom? I saw this coat on somebody on insta yesterday but the sizing is 10/12 and 12/14 - I hate sizing like that cos you don't know if it's big sizing or not...there's no size guide either.

I have the same one but not purchased on that site.

I'm a 10-12 but probably more a 12 since Covid19 and found the small which is a 10 was plenty big even with a jumper underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I have the same one but not purchased on that site.

I'm a 10-12 but probably more a 12 since Covid19 and found the small which is a 10 was plenty big even with a jumper underneath.

Cheers, I didn’t think it was that waxy coating on the outside though...not sure about it now, I’d prefer a different coating to shiny, waxy...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

Does anyone know if Jack&Jones ship through the UK? I am nearly sure they don't but obviously don't want to get hit with extra VAT charges. I don't see anything on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Klopp wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Jack&Jones ship through the UK? I am nearly sure they don't but obviously don't want to get hit with extra VAT charges. I don't see anything on their website.

I'm waiting on an order from them so will update here once I know...only thought about it myself after ordering!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

You can order Jack & Jones clothes through https://threestories.ie/, based in Galway! I ordered a Vero Moda jumper off them recently, very quick delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Just bought these beauties from Shopbop - Sam Edelman Hazel Navy heels :D

samed413971182d_q2_2-0._SX664_QL90_.jpg

I'm a big fan of this particular heel (model and brand) as despite their mid-height elevation, there is some nice cushioning in the foot-bed, which makes them quite comfortable. (Likewise, if I'm honest, when giving a presentation, etc. - there's nothing like a pair of comfortable high heels!)

I would love to one day own a pair (or three!) of Gianvito Rossi suede heels (navy, black, grey).... as their quality and comfort is renowned, but I can neither afford nor justify a spend like that on shoes atm....

..... although I have heard that they regularly go on sale.....

.... but at this point in time... they're regulated to a wish-list purchase rather than a necessity purchase :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

Just bought these beauties from Shopbop - Sam Edelman Hazel Navy heels :D

<snip>

I'm a big fan of this particular heel (model and brand) as despite their mid-height elevation, there is some nice cushioning in the foot-bed, which makes them quite comfortable. (Likewise, if I'm honest, when giving a presentation, etc. - there's nothing like a pair of comfortable high heels!)

I would love to one day own a pair (or three!) of Gianvito Rossi suede heels (navy, black, grey).... as their quality and comfort is renowned, but I can neither afford nor justify a spend like that on shoes atm....

..... although I have heard that they regularly go on sale.....

.... but at this point in time... they're regulated to a wish-list purchase rather than a necessity purchase :pac:

they are gorgeous - i am partial to a pair of court heels. I have a narrow foot, what is the sizing like? I do find Office also good for court heels, i have a lovely khaki pair that I have worn to death and trying to find a replacement!

Sir_Name wrote: »
    they are gorgeous - i am partial to a pair of court heels. I have a narrow foot, what is the sizing like? I do find Office also good for court heels, i have a lovely khaki pair that I have worn to death and trying to find a replacement!

The navy pair I ordered have yet to arrive, but I have tried them on several times in the past in the States (they're not readily available here, sadly)

I'm a fairly standard sized width (neither narrow or wide fit) and anytime I tried them on in the past, I found them very comfortable - no slipping off the heel nor tightness on the toes or arch.

I also like suede for that reason as I really feels it forms to the foot more-so than leather...

You can buy directly from Sam Edelman (link here) in a narrow, standard and wide fit... however, I'd say that unless you normally purchase in a narrow fit... you'd be ok with a standard fit.

The Outnet have a few pairs in stock and you can also buy them directly from amazon.com (with the import fees and shipping all included, link here but they also have other listings with different colours)

As an aside, if you want to see them "in action" :p, there are a few QVC videos on youtube (like this and this) which show what they look irl.

Happy Shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

jellybear wrote: »
    I'm waiting on an order from them so will update here once I know...only thought about it myself after ordering!

Thanks, i found out they don't come through the UK so we're ok :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Klopp wrote: »
    Thanks, i found out they don't come through the UK so we're ok :cool:

Phew!! Thanks for letting me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Anyone any idea where Anne O' Donnell on the Virgin news this evening got that Skirt from or a similar one? I like it. Nice shine off it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I was ordering a few bits on Zara for my little boy and ended up getting myself this coat reduced to €19.99! It may not be nice on, but might as well chance it!
    4174166803_6_1_1.jpg?ts=1611131919665
    https://www.zara.com/ie/en/plush-coat-with-lapels-p04174166.html?v1=84343887&v2=1711088

I returned the Asos striped t-shirt dress. I ordered a small but even then it was way too baggy and looked too big on me. The top is nice though.

Picked up this skirt (click and collect) from Dunnes for the princely sum of €4.92 :D

543544.jpeg

It is quite fitted... so I’m not yet sure how I’m going to style it... pair it with ankle boots or ballerina flats... a jumper, cardigan, etc....? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Dunnes have some bargains alright. Not as good a bargain as Teapot's skirt but nice all the same.
    Picked this jacket up for the OH for €49, really nice quality

1215142_navy.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Made my first order from Sezane, here's hoping everything fits! If I don't look like a chic Parisian woman I will be sorely disappointed.

I never usually buy jeans online but took a chance on these. €15 off with code denim.

wr4gdv4pm6ez6edzbidl.jpg
    https://www.sezane.com/en/product/the-brut-sexy-eco-friendly/denim-blue

White shirt. You can add lettering to this shirt above the pocket but obviously can't return it so didn't do that on this occasion.
    qznyla7poprjuriiym2x.jpg
    https://www.sezane.com/en/product/tomboy-shirt/white#size-4

Love the look of this printed shirt. I think it'll be nice with jeans or a skirt

wrqjflvyrpjho64sz67q.jpg
    https://www.sezane.com/en/product/lady-shirt/printed-multicolored-small-flowers-black-background

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Snap Twee! This arrived yesterday from Sezane, colours are beautiful. Thinking of ordering some shirts as well, they have some really nice plain white ones which would look great with jeans.

That dress is gorgeous! I'll let you know how the shirts fit.

Yes! Do let us know how you get on, Twee. I have been eyeing up some things on their site for the past few weeks (namely blouses and knit-wear).

I'm loving the French aesthetic atm (I'm probably more influenced by "Call my agent" than I had originally thought!)

A summer shoe purchase! - UGG Zilo Knit Trainers

3f99a505a3ee4812bab907d629d95fd5.jpg?imwidth=1800

Superga COTUs are still my favourite plimsoll/summer shoe (I will most likely buy another pair to replace a pair I literally wore through!), but the Uggs are also nice tbf, as the upper is very soft and stretchy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

A summer shoe purchase! - UGG Zilo Knit Trainers

Superga COTUs are still my favourite plimsoll/summer shoe (I will most likely buy another pair to replace a pair I literally wore through!), but the Uggs are also nice tbf, as the upper is very soft and stretchy :)

FYI Zalando have the Superga COTU in white reduced to €44!
    https://www.zalando.ie/superga-classic-trainers-white-su111a000-a00.html

Twee. wrote: »
    Made my first order from Sezane, here's hoping everything fits! If I don't look like a chic Parisian woman I will be sorely disappointed.

I never usually buy jeans online but took a chance on these. €15 off with code denim.

https://www.sezane.com/en/product/the-brut-sexy-eco-friendly/denim-blue

White shirt. You can add lettering to this shirt above the pocket but obviously can't return it so didn't do that on this occasion.
    https://www.sezane.com/en/product/tomboy-shirt/white#size-4

Love the look of this printed shirt. I think it'll be nice with jeans or a skirt

https://www.sezane.com/en/product/lady-shirt/printed-multicolored-small-flowers-black-background

My order came!

The two shirts are really lovely, the quality of the white is just gorgeous. I ordered my usual size and they both fit.

The jeans are fab but I think they're a little bit big so I'm going to order a size down and compare. Very happy with the colour and quality.

Twee. wrote: »
    My order came!

The two shirts are really lovely, the quality of the white is just gorgeous. I ordered my usual size and they both fit.

The jeans are fab but I think they're a little bit big so I'm going to order a size down and compare. Very happy with the colour and quality.

Yay! That is great news :)

I have a question or two on the white shirt...

Is it see-through or opaque (like could you wear a patterned bra underneath)? Is it relatively loose fitting or slim-fit? As in does it pucker on the chest when buttoned up...(this is often a problem I have with button up shirt/ blouses...)

You really can't beat a classic white shirt....Effortless but stylish and a firm wardrobe staple :p

Yay! That is great news :)

I have a question or two on the white shirt...

Is it see-through or opaque (like could you wear a patterned bra underneath)? Is it relatively loose fitting or slim-fit? As in does it pucker on the chest when buttoned up...(this is often a problem I have with button up shirt/ blouses...)

You really can't beat a classic white shirt....Effortless but stylish and a firm wardrobe staple :p

Right, I've thoroughly investigated this evening :pac: You'd still need a nude or white bra underneath. It's definitely not see-through but not as heavy as say a more woven/twill shirt if that makes sense. Like a lace white bra I think would be fine.

It's a slim fit, definitely wouldn't describe it as oversized or boyfriend fit.

Surprisingly I'm not having an issue with buttoning, but to be fair I only slipped it on for a few minutes so more movement might result in a little gape/pucker.

If you have a very big bust maybe consider sizing up, but I'm a 32F and the 10 fit me, top 3 or so buttons open.

I was ordering a few bits on Dunnes for my little boy and threw this in for myself ;)
    7926148_off-white.jpg

Ordered a few bits and pieces on sale... mainly WFH clothes I guess :o

Calvin Klein mock neck zip cashmere-cotton blend jumper
    546133.jpeg

Hurley joggers
    546141.jpeg

Levi’s t-shirt
    546137.jpeg

ICHI t-shirt
    546139.jpeg

Looking forward to everything to arriving now :)

Bit the bullet on something I've wanted for yeaaaars! I wasn't sure if I wanted black but then I saw the blue and that was decision made!

Stella McCartney Falabella mini bag

1000241710_02?$pdp_zoom$&$webp$

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

That one is on my list too but only when we are out of lock down. :D I'm still not sure what size I want or I might change my mind and go for Mansur Gavriel bucket bag.

meeeeh wrote: »
    That one is on my list too but only when we are out of lock down. :D I'm still not sure what size I want or I might change my mind and go for Mansur Gavriel bucket bag.

There was 20% off on Brown Thomas so I just went for it! I will wait for the next offer to get the card holder to match :pac:

The big one I've heard is a bit harder to manage as there's no pockets inside and it's so slouchy so definitely one you'd need to "try on" and see if it works for you. Love those bucket bags too though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

So nice Twee, good choice. I have a (very good quality) fake version of that bag in black that I bought in Turkey. Always had it in my mind to save for the real version, maybe now is the time! The design is timeless, will look good in ten years time as much as today.

Advertisement