Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Children's book from 80's/90's - What's the title?

• 18-01-2021 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

There's a fictional children's book I've been trying to remember the title of and it's driving me crazy. It was around in the late 80's/early 90's and the characters were colourful stones who had names, faces and personalities.

I think that "Ogham" may have been in the title or else been part of the story and I think each character/stone had an Irish name. Google has not been able to figure it out unfortunately.

Ring any bells?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Would it be The Shamrogues? :)

the-shamrogues.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Amazing, that's it! Thanks a million Posy, you've solved the mystery for me :)

Advertisement