Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iris/Pupil changing shape after LASIK?

• 16-01-2021 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭

Anyone else notice this?

I have very light coloured blue/green eyes but prior to surgery, I had such large pupils that my eyes looked dark brown/black, especially from a distance. My pupils were that big you could barely see the colour of the iris.

Now granted I’m only recently post op, but my pupils now appear to be significantly smaller. I’m not complaining, this will be a lovely little bonus if it stays but I was just wondering if it’s part of the healing process and it will go back to normal or if I can expect it to stay like this.

I’d rather not ring the clinic and ask as I’m sure they have enough to be doing instead of answering inconsequential questions so hoping someone here may know or have experience.

Thanks a mill :)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

I don’t know, but I don’t think that’s a silly question. If you notice a change in your eyes, you need to know why that is. It could well be normal, but they should have mentioned it. Someone else here might actually know but if you have any doubts you should find out anyway.
    How’s your vision?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,242 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

How long after the op are we talking
    Light sensitivity is normal

Your op would include post op consultation so don't feel at all a burden to check with them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just a few days post op, that’s why I think it could be part of the healing process.
    My vision seems perfect, no pain since the day of surgery and my eyes aren’t particularly dry either so I think I’m doing ok.

I had my post op consultation the day after but hadn’t noticed it then. I have another appointment early this week so I might mention it then.
    I probably wouldn’t have noticed only as I said, my pupils were massive before and are quite a lot smaller now.

Thanks folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,242 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Should be fine after a week but no harm double checking

Advertisement