Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Optilase Laser Eye Surgery - Personal Experience and €100 Referral

• 24-12-2020 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Got PRK laser eye surgery 5 weeks ago. I can't recommend the surgery enough, had my 2nd follow up appointment last week and got officially declared with perfect 20/20 vision. If you have questions in regards to recovery I'll be happy to respond. Some things they never told me prior to the surgery regarding recovery.

Below is what I personally found from surgery:

- make sure you have good strength pain killers (used dissolvable solpadeine myself). Be careful as this is an addictive painkiller.
    - Have someone in the house you can call on for the first two days after surgery. I needed help using eye drops for first 36 hours. Using drops 5 times a day for first week.
    - Be prepared for the welling up of tears after surgery.
    - Have plenty of podcasts downloaded (Joe Rogan personal choice). Good time to avail of YouTube premium for the month to avoid adverts and allow downloads.
    - Have food/meals prepared for first 48 hours.
    - 1 - 3 weeks after eye surgery short sight will likely deteriote but will improve after that time.
    - 1 - 3 weeks eyes get fatigued quickly looking at screens i.e. phone, laptop.

This is my experience with PRK surgery. I believe Lasek surgery has a quicker recovery period. I got PRK as it was recommended if I wanted to go back playing contact sports.

You can use my details as a referral for 100 euro off on your optilase eye surgery.

You'll need to private message me your basic details so that I can contact Optilase confirming the referral.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ltd440

sobeit123 wrote: »
    Got PRK laser eye surgery 5 weeks ago. I can't recommend the surgery enough, had my 2nd follow up appointment last week and got officially declared with perfect 20/20 vision. If you have questions in regards to recovery I'll be happy to respond. Some things they never told me prior to the surgery regarding recovery.

Below is what I personally found from surgery:

- make sure you have good strength pain killers (used dissolvable solpadeine myself). Be careful as this is an addictive painkiller.
    - Have someone in the house you can call on for the first two days after surgery. I needed help using eye drops for first 36 hours. Using drops 5 times a day for first week.
    - Be prepared for the welling up of tears after surgery.
    - Have plenty of podcasts downloaded (Joe Rogan personal choice). Good time to avail of YouTube premium for the month to avoid adverts and allow downloads.
    - Have food/meals prepared for first 48 hours.
    - 1 - 3 weeks after eye surgery short sight will likely deteriote but will improve after that time.
    - 1 - 3 weeks eyes get fatigued quickly looking at screens i.e. phone, laptop.

This is my experience with PRK surgery. I believe Lasek surgery has a quicker recovery period. I got PRK as it was recommended if I wanted to go back playing contact sports.

You can use my details as a referral for 100 euro off on your optilase eye surgery.

You'll need to private message me your basic details so that I can contact Optilase confirming the referral.

Well done, it must feel great to get your vision back to 20/20.

It's something that I've been thinking about for ages and I've decided to get it done in next few months.
    Can I ask you how many days /weeks till you could drive again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sobeit123

ltd440 wrote: »
    Well done, it must feel great to get your vision back to 20/20.

It's something that I've been thinking about for ages and I've decided to get it done in next few months.
    Can I ask you how many days /weeks till you could drive again.

I had my first check up 5 days after the surgery. Was given the all clear to drive then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smithy6353

Hi, would I be able to get code off you for this? Have surgery in two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

smithy6353 wrote: »
    Hi, would I be able to get code off you for this? Have surgery in two weeks.

Pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭PMBC

What does it cost approx?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

PMBC wrote: »
    What does it cost approx?

It’s a few years since I’ve had mine done but I believe it’s approx €3500 or maybe slightly more.

Most people will be able to claim some of it back (20% I think) through their medical receipts with revenue so that’s a nice chunk to get off the price of the surgery.

Advertisement