Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Autumn And Winter!

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I can feel Autumn in the air the last few days, so lovely! Not too cold yet just a fresh feeling and a certain smell in the air. I love Autumn!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Me too, you can actually get to sleep at night now

miamee wrote: »
    I can feel Autumn in the air the last few days, so lovely! Not too cold yet just a fresh feeling and a certain smell in the air. I love Autumn!

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Love Autumn, too !
    It is the season when I love being in the countryside, looking at the changing colours.
    Love seasonal food too, all the mushrooms, pumpkins, berries...

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Picturing Grid, in autumn... :D
    giphy.gif

• Advertisement

:D

6MtsjK2.gif
    autumn stroll

3f9e56416a7b2927caa7ee29d21b858e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Griffith Avenue, 2 weeks ago.

Adrian Weckler pic on Twitter.

DpyJBQSXcAARFrx.jpg

Lovely^^^:)

• Advertisement

rs_448x247-140108162016-gif5.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

chilly nights when three cats decide to burrow into bed with you; starting to train my new little ones to do that..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

509793.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

I love rain if it doesn't create any problem for people. I also love the sunshine of winter, evenings of summer and greenery of spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

confused in my old age; it is summer? or have i overslept massively....

c080381dd0daab19f9deb4b589a686d7.jpg

Hoy3dbx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Moomoomacshoe

New Home wrote: »
    509793.jpg

Thought that was a snake for a minute.
    Love the crisp evenings, that winter smell, an open fire..bliss!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'm loving the crisp winter days we've been having recently so nice (despite the freezing cold).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

I've come to realisation that autumn/winter is my favourite time of year too. Autumn and winter is so consistent (clothing-wise). I know I'll probably need boots and a coat in case it rains or it's cold. After growing up, waiting for summer, and the idea that summer is "the best time of year" - I realise it's not, at least for me.

The summers are so inconsistent. In summer. it's really hard predict with accuracy the right clothing to wear. Last summer I didn't even buy summer clothes aside from what I knew I would use in a predictably hot/sunny climate on holidays.

What I actually love about autumn is how beautiful it is. There's something magical about the changing of seasons. The colours are beautiful. It's not a time to pretend it could be warm a wear a t-shirt or leave without a coat. Nope. And I actualy love feeling prepared to go outside in the winter - nice warm coat, scarf, hat etc. Nothing better than defying the elements by preparting for the cold. I laugh at people that get stuck cold outside. OK, once, maybe. But we live a in a time where we have real-time weather delivered to our smart phones constantly. Weather apps, internet etc etc. There's really only poor excuses to be caught out cold in modern times. :D :P

I also love being in the city centre at say 18:00. It feels late because it's dark but it's not. Love the lights at night too.

Come the end of the winter, I'll be romanticizing the summer again. Because, essentially, too much of one thing can be depressing. Summer, will give me longer hours of natural light to shoot video and photography. So my hobbies are a little seasonal. But I like that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Grid. wrote: »
    c080381dd0daab19f9deb4b589a686d7.jpg

That's beautiful! Need to use it as a screensaver!
    miamee wrote: »
    I'm loving the crisp winter days we've been having recently so nice (despite the freezing cold).

Cold crisp winter days are just the best. Something so calming and peaceful about them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Another beautiful sunny cold winter day out there, I love days like this :)

Days like today are my favourite, I managed to get outside for my lunchbreak so I was very happy. Hopefully we have more days like this :)

I went out for a walk on I think it was Friday morning, it wa fantastic out. Frosty, cold, a pink sky and the mist was just sitting on the grass in the park across the road. Fabulous. A few more mornings like that would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bejeezus

Can we resurrect this for this year? The poem -an ode to autumn- really does it for me !

Took a lovely walk on Sunday in a nearby forest walk. Loads of cars there, everyone had the same idea as it was bright and the leaves were amazing!!

Pic I took at the start of the walk :)

Advertisement