Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 252 Event Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭joeguevara

that eye poke was disgusting and ****ed up a bit of his performance as he was getting back into it, but he was basically out only for that bell so his luck sort of canceled itself out.

I think the main decider was how much of a punch stipe could take. thought that was pretty clear after surviving such big punches from nganou

I took it that the fact he was demonstrably clenching stiles legs which protected his face was evidence of him defending himself so fight not stopped. Not sure how long he would have been able to continue that and the bell definitely saved him.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Goddamn the chin and heart on both those guys. Glad Stipe won but both looked so exhausted. New gloves seriously needed to help stop the eye pokes. Jones can F off sniffing around for a shot at Stipe. I hope it happens eventually as would love to see Stipe wreck him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

My ****ing arsehole sky box didn't record it, i was far too tired to stay up. I know the results now from trying to find vids online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Axwell wrote: »
    Nah others commenting in the Fight night thread who couldnt be bothered taking the 2 seconds it takes to make a thread...
    a lot of people are confused with this new fighnight thread
    You should go back to individual threads

My ****ing arsehole sky box didn't record it, i was far too tired to stay up. I know the results now from trying to find vids online
    mine too
    Started recording at the result

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Yep same here. Not sure what happened the recordings. Only had 70mins and started at them announcing the decision for the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

joeguevara wrote: »
    Some fight. DC was lucky to last last around.

Any word on O’Malley, was he injured?

He must certainly was, some lad on Reddit posted a few days ago that he'd noticed Sean hobbling around awkwardly and only walking on the treadmill in episode 5 of UFC embedded.

Also, some punter put $40k on Chitto to win in the 1st round only a few hours before the fight. He had to have had some inside info. Paid out $190K.

It could have been a great fight too, shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,924 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Nice fight. Stipe just ate everything he threw at him never in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

He must certainly was, some lad on Reddit posted a few days ago that he'd noticed Sean hobbling around awkwardly and only walking on the treadmill in episode 5 of UFC embedded.

Also, some punter put $40k on Chitto to win in the 1st round only a few hours before the fight. He had to have had some inside info. Paid out $190K.

It could have been a great fight too, shame.

Looks like Chito hurt him with a leg kick early on as well. Lads on Reddit reckon it was some nerve in his leg that was hurt, you can see his foot dragging shortly after the kick and when he went down at the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

I thought Rogan and Cruz were biased in the commentary and didn't give stipe enough credit, Anik was the only one praising him. Thought Stipe comfortably won that 49-46, maybe even 50-45 at a push, youd never tell listening to the commentary

Generally a fan of both Cruz and Rogan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Sickening to see most people saying Stipe only won cos of eye poke. DCs eye was badly swollen before the poke. Stipe didn't seem worried atall about DCs power, walked straight into a few nice shots. Complete domination I thought.

People too saying o malley lost cos of a freak accident, i thought chito blocked a kick an hurt him, then he rolllee his ankle.

Aniks pronunciation of miocic was really bothering me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

US2 wrote: »

People too saying o malley lost cos of a freak accident, i thought chito blocked a kick an hurt him, then he rolllee his ankle.

John kavanagh on Twitter explaining what he thinks may have happened. Same with DJ and Cejudo. Kick behind the knee damages the nerve

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

This'll be the moment. He switches stance immediately and you can see his foot starting to drag.
    Peroneal nerve is what people are saying he hit.

https://giphy.com/gifs/Q5jZ2DzNABdcpy7A4N

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Tazzimus wrote: »
    This'll be the moment. He switches stance immediately and you can see his foot starting to drag.
    Peroneal nerve is what people are saying he hit.

https://giphy.com/gifs/Q5jZ2DzNABdcpy7A4N

First time seeing that, doesn't even look like he connected properly with that kick but it's clear it hurt him. I thought it was a checked kick.

Advertisement