Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Travel to wedding abroad (UK) this summer?

• 03-03-2021 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've a wedding invite for the end of July in Scotland this summer. It looks like it travel will be restricted, and possibly have to quarantine for 10 days (at a cost of £1750). Things could ease up completely by or before then.

What would you do, book flights now, hold off for a while or totally knock the idea on the head?

Cheers
    Rex

Would you go? 14 votes

Call it now and don't go at all
    85% 12 votes
    Hold off booking, maybe go, maybe not
    7% 1 vote
    Book now and take your chances
    7% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BluePagoda

I booked a holiday for August but everything is refundable if travel restrictions are still in place. It costs a bit more with Aer Lingus but takes the risk (of losing money)out of the equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I've flights booked to Scotland for the end of June since last summer. I've already written off that money. Scotland has the strictest restrictions in GB and our government has already said no overseas travel this summer. So if I were you I'd not book anything yet and tell the bride and groom that you'd love to go but can't confirm until much closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Rex Manning

Thanks for the replies! I think I'll leave it til Easter and make a call on it. They seem to be flying it with the vaccinations over there so it'll probably come down to what restrictions are in place this side of the water

• Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Do you drive? If you drive you could book as little as a week before the wedding and you will get a ferry across from NIRL to Scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

I'll be heading over to the UK in May, I'm wondering what side the worst restrictions will be on, in the UK by May it will be close / closer to normal... Here it will be the draconian bull**** we are all putting up with...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭HBC08

I'll be heading over to the UK in May, I'm wondering what side the worst restrictions will be on, in the UK by May it will be close / closer to normal... Here it will be the draconian bull**** we are all putting up with...

If you know that then why are you asking?

Advertisement