Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cars for Civil Ceremony

• 30-05-2021 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭

If you are having your ceremony and reception in the same venue do you really need to hire a car seen as you won’t be really going anywhere?

We’re both guys so it’s not even a case of bringing the bride to the church

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

Of course not, big waste of money imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Madness unless ye actually want a specific car or something like that... Sure if ye arent going anywhere just make sure that if ye are going for pictures maybe off site you have someone trustworthy to drive you and maybe have their car cleaned up.. Had the same type of wedding and the only reason i took my car was because she was my other love and well she looked better than me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Definitely not! My sister got married in the same place (ceremony & reception) & said it was so nice to have one less thing to worry about. Same as myself for next year. Staying there the night before & just walking to the ceremony from my room.

Unless you want one for certain pictures & even then, I'd be looking for friends or family who have a nice car to help out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭pooch90

We asked our local mechanic to drive me and my mam to the venue in their nicest car (just a Merc, nothing showy). My now husband just drove himself in our car. Total waste of time and money but as said above, if you need to travel offsite for pics have something arranged. It never occurred to me. We ended up not bothering going off site in the end because it was wet but I'd never thought of it!

Advertisement