Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Was Osama Bin Laden a patsy?

• 10-04-2021 1:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭

Seems he had a good relationship with the US government at one stage? I think it's likely he was killed and the us faked footage afterwards as he was a good scapegoat for 9/11

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭JohnMcm1

JohnMcm1 wrote: »
    Seems he had a good relationship with the US government at one stage? I think it's likely he was killed and the us faked footage afterwards as he was a good scapegoat for 9/11

Meant to post this in the original, saw it doing the rounds on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

When and where was he killed according to you and what's the evidence for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Meant to post this in the original, saw it doing the rounds on social media.

I presume you know this is photoshopped?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    When and where was he killed according to you and what's the evidence for that?

If you ever see so called recorded videos of him from Afghanistan he looks very different. Obviously I don't have evidence myself but you have to question why a man who seemed happy to party with serving and future us presidents would want to commit an attrocity on the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,706 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I read that he was vegan too.

• Advertisement

If you ever see so called recorded videos of him from Afghanistan he looks very different.

I've seen a lot of the footage, he doesn't "look different" to me. Do you have any evidence they are all doctored? if so, that's some very impressive double or CGI. Also managed to fool all of the world's intelligence agencies, and Al Qaeda themselves.
    Obviously I don't have evidence myself but you have to question why a man who seemed happy to party with serving and future us presidents would want to commit an attrocity on the US.

He declared war on the US in 1996. He was on the FBI's top ten most wanted list by 1998.

I've seen a lot of the footage, he doesn't "look different" to me. Do you have any evidence they are all doctored? if so, that's some very impressive double or CGI. Also managed to fool all of the world's intelligence agencies, and Al Qaeda themselves.

He declared war on the US in 1996. He was on the FBI's top ten most wanted list by 1998.

There's plenty of videos where they perform facial analysis and his features like his nose for example is bigger in the more recent videos. Also why would the US just ditch his body in the sea if they really caught him..and then the elite team responsible just happens to die in a crash not long afterwards..come on.

poisonated wrote: »
    I presume you know this is photoshopped?

How do you know?

There's plenty of videos where they perform facial analysis and his features like his nose for example is bigger in the more recent videos. Also why would the US just ditch his body in the sea if they really caught him..and then the elite team responsible just happens to die in a crash not long afterwards..come on.

What videos?

They ditched his body in the sea because they didn't want to create a shrine

I believe you are referring to the Chinook crash in 2011 that killed 38. No one from the Bin Laden mission was killed in that attack, but members from their unit were killed.

What videos?

They ditched his body in the sea because they didn't want to create a shrine

I believe you are referring to the Chinook crash in 2011 that killed 38. No one from the Bin Laden mission was killed in that attack, but members from their unit were killed.

That's not true as far as I'm aware. I love how the naysayers are choosing to ignore a picture of Osama bin Laden literally partying with future US presidents and candidates from what looks to be more recently then 1996.

• Advertisement

How do you know?

It's a terrible photoshop job, so I am not sure I would trust your claims on footage of Bin Laden

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/feb/19/facebook-posts/dont-fall-these-altered-images-obama-clinton-and-r/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

"Ever see videos of him? Obviously doctored"

*posts obviously fake Facebook screengrab

"Photoshopped? How do you know?"

:pac:

That's not true as far as I'm aware.

What's not true? here are the details of the Chinook crash.

https://www.history.com/news/the-costliest-day-in-seal-team-six-history

What's not true? here are the details of the Chinook crash.

https://www.history.com/news/the-costliest-day-in-seal-team-six-history

Yes seal team 6 are the ones who took him out.

Yes seal team 6 are the ones who took him out.

Did you read the article properly? A number of Seal Team 6 operators died in that crash. None of those members were on the Bin Laden mission.

Did you read the article properly? A number of Seal Team 6 operators died in that crash. None of those members were on the Bin Laden mission.

No I didn't. Sure it's a secretive unit who's to say they weren't onboard that flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,042 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I was expecting OSB to be giving weekly updates on his 'war' but he didn't, makes no sense at all.

No I didn't. Sure it's a secretive unit who's to say they weren't onboard that flight.

Who's to say they were? what's your source?

At the time of the crash Seal Team 6 had between 250 and 300 members. Around two dozen took part in the Bin Laden raid.

I was expecting OSB to be giving weekly updates on his 'war' but he didn't, makes no sense at all.

Why would one of the world's most wanted men give "weekly updates"?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,042 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Why would one of the world's most wanted men give "weekly updates"?

Because it would be simple to do and make him famous, satellite burner phone or lad on a push bike dropping off an SD card etc.

• Advertisement

Because it would be simple to do and make him famous, satellite burner phone or lad on a push bike dropping off an SD card etc.

Why was he after fame? he was already one of the most wanted men in the world. It was the late nineties, not Youtube, I seriously doubt taking huge risks exposing his whereabouts with "weekly updates" was top of his mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

How do you know?

Because it was widely reported at the time it came out, the source images were also all found and can still be found with a 2 second search. Here they are below:

Obama: From Attorney Andre Wooten's website

http://www.attyandrewooten.com/23a.html

Wooten+Obama

Clinton: The original is with Indian musician Shubhashish Mukherjee

From here:

https://www.swarmandal.com/AsiaInWashington.html

And the photoshop was done for an online photoshop competition here:

https://archive.vn/IwhVM

Rice:

This also came from another online photoshop competition here:

https://archive.vn/IxzaS

Trigger wrote: »
    Because it was widely reported at the time it came out, the source images were also all found and can still be found with a 2 second search. Here they are below:

Obama: From Attorney Andre Wooten's website

http://www.attyandrewooten.com/23a.html

Wooten+Obama

Clinton: The original is with Indian musician Shubhashish Mukherjee

From here:

https://www.swarmandal.com/AsiaInWashington.html

And the photoshop was done for an online photoshop competition here:

https://archive.vn/IwhVM

Rice:

This also came from another online photoshop competition here:

https://archive.vn/IxzaS

Just to play devils advocate, how do we know the pictures you posted aren't the photoshopped versions?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Just to play devils advocate, how do we know the pictures you posted aren't the photoshopped versions?

You can play devil's advocate all you want, I have provided you with links to where the photoshopped bin laden pictures originated.

Trigger wrote: »
    You can play devil's advocate all you want, I have provided you with links to where the photoshopped bin laden pictures originated.

But as I said what if that site was actually set up after the fact in order to discredit the original

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

But as I said what if that site was actually set up after the fact in order to discredit the original

What if it wasnt?

What if it wasnt?

Well then it would be fine but there's just so much suspicion surrounding the whole event

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

It's funny to me that the US spent so much time and money looking for him then once they caught him they killed him and ****ed him into the sea.

It's funny to me that the US spent so much time and money looking for him then once they caught him they killed him and ****ed him into the sea.

Exactly

• Advertisement

Well then it would be fine but there's just so much suspicion surrounding the whole event

Not really, they found him, killed him. The info is all out there.

Of course if you want mystery and suspicion, conspiracy sites cater for those demands by distorting the facts to manufacture a vague mystery out of it, the same way they do with everything.

Advertisement