Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eviction process

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Landlord21 wrote: »
    Hi sorry to post on old thread.

Can I ask, what if tenants genuinely can't find accommodation. They don't damage property, allow landlord in to do work (if required) and even continue to pay rent?

Basically the opposite of the horror stories you hear. If there is a genuine case of not being able to secure a new home.

Will HAP , for instance still pay rent when tenants time is up officially? Or does HAP cease paying when the date of the Eviction comes up?

I have tenants they may overhold*, as mentioned could be a matter of not finding a new place as opposed to wrecking the house etc..

I know its my property and I can sell but has there been cases of tenants just refusing to go but still paying rent??

*Very good tenants and always pay on time. No issues with them.
    It is not a defence for a tenant to say they can't source alternative accommodation. The landlord will get a determination order from the RTB if that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Landlord21

It is not a defence for a tenant to say they can't source alternative accommodation. The landlord will get a determination order from the RTB if that is the case.

What sort of timeframe would that be?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If all steps of the process are appealed by the tenant- and the landlord eventually has to go to court to get an enforcement order for the detemination order, 9 months is a minimum- if the landlord has done everything perfectly- and if anything at all is wrong, or not properly documented, it could literally take years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

You can get an adjudication quite quickly (within weeks) but there is the possibility of and appeal to the Tribunal as well as the possibility of proceedings in the courts going on for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

What if the tenant was like me and fought back would you be prepared for that? Illegal evictions are not easy to carry out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement