Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 law1234567

lawgrad49 wrote: »
    I understand the advantage for those firms having a steady pipeline by filling up well in advance but surely they have to set aside a few spots every year for drop outs/those who don't pass all 8 by the time they are meant to?

From what I've heard they usually over-hire every year so they can account for any dropouts, i.e if when the results are out and their pre-trainees have failed they will have enough pre-trainees to compensate rather than hire on the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

Lallers96 wrote: »
    Are there any big firms NOT in Dublin aha, really only looking into the TC side of things now and I know nothing about them bar the basics tbh. I have no desire to live in Dublin, the rent is astronomical.

Holmes O'Malley Sexton in Limerick City have a reasonable big office for a firm based outside of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

lawgrad_ wrote: »
    Can anyone who sat company in November remember the questions? Standard enough or any surprises? Thank you!

it was very standard, two questions were carbon copies of past questions, it was a lovely paper but my mind wasn't functioning that morning so hoping for good news tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

lawgrad_ wrote: »
    Can anyone who sat company in November remember the questions? Standard enough or any surprises? Thank you!

It was a nice paper but corporate borrowing didn’t come up which was definitely a surprise. Also was expecting a question on separate legal personality so that should come up for you in March!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EM11

Are there any big firms NOT in Dublin aha, really only looking into the TC side of things now and I know nothing about them bar the basics tbh. I have no desire to live in Dublin, the rent is astronomical.

Arthur Cox are taking on trainees in Belfast now, but I don’t know if they’re using the Irish system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Corplawtrainee

Is there any value in doing a summer internship as a means to get your foot in the door somewhere and improve your odds of getting a TC? Or is it more of a thing current college students would do?

Definitely would do one if you could. Firms recruit heavilly from their interns and generally the conversion rate is pretty high.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 law247

Definitely would do one if you could. Firms recruit heavilly from their interns and generally the conversion rate is pretty high.

I worked for a well-known criminal defence firm for 18 months but left due to some issues, and I am currently doing a masters in the UK. I am thinking of doing an internship with another criminal firm but not sure if criminal firms recruit from their internships? Has anyone had experience of criminal firm traineeships? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

Good luck with the results today. If the quality of candidates by this thread is anything to go by, every one of you deserve to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Looking for an up to date constitutional grid if anyone has one? Have loads to swap!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 FE1Pleb

Productivity is at an all time low this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

Just a reminder of the form I created if anyone is willing to help compile some data on pass rates and average grades in these exams.

https://forms.gle/884G1bmrUHv7YyvXA

If I get enough numbers I'll post the results in a week so please share far and wide!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Aisbash

Is anyone else having trouble logging in? I know they are not out until 11am but wanted to make sure my username was working and all that, and It wont login. Just keeps doin that blue circle thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

Aisbash wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble logging in? I know they are not out until 11am but wanted to make sure my username was working and all that, and It wont login. Just keeps doin that blue circle thing.

Mine is logging in fine and just says "your results will be released at 11 am 14 January" but my friend has had trouble logging in. Maybe contact that webmaster email?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lelila

I was the same this morning, but just got an email from Paula Sheedy saying IT have resolved the issue and I was then able to reset my password and it worked. This was literally just now.

Mc96 wrote: »
    Mine is logging in fine and just says "your results will be released at 11 am 14 January" but my friend has had trouble logging in. Maybe contact that webmaster email?

Do you mind me asking where it says this? nothing like this coming up on my dashboard

Do you mind me asking where it says this? nothing like this coming up on my dashboard

It comes up for me when I go through the link in the email

This one https://www.lawsociety.ie/public/become-a-solicitor/fe-1-exam/fe1-results/

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

I am looking forward to the Law Society website inevitably crashing at 11 and not being able to access my results until an hour or two afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BoyLaw937

Happened to me two days ago and was advised to clear cache and cookies and try again this didn't work for me though.

What ended up working was inputting the password wrong 1 more time and getting locked out for 15 mins then trying again and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

If I click on this http://www.lawsociety.ie/fe1results it asks me to login and once I click in it opens on that statement, when I was checking yesterday morning (being overly optimistic) and it had the August results paragraph. I didn't sit exams in August so it just said I don't have results but now when I open it it says results will be released at 11 am

Mc96 wrote: »
    If I click on this http://www.lawsociety.ie/fe1results it asks me to login and once I click in it opens on that statement, when I was checking yesterday morning (being overly optimistic) and it had the August results paragraph. I didn't sit exams in August so it just said I don't have results but now when I open it it says results will be released at 11 am

Thank you! After days of waiting to get a candidate number the panic is real something might go wrong :(

• Advertisement

I am looking forward to the Law Society website inevitably crashing at 11 and not being able to access my results until an hour or two afterwards.

;( ;( ;(

After 9 weeks waiting my nerves are shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

;( ;( ;(

After 9 weeks waiting my nerves are shot!

Same, I'm a wreck! Best of luck everyone, really really hoping for the best for all of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Best of luck to everyone! Hopefully the website doesn't crash or get that dreaded login access error :)

Best of luck all - unlike some people I do feel like we have a nice little supportive community here so thanks to everyone for all the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Nerves are gone. Genuinely best of luck to everyone here, I really hope it goes well for you all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 SalteeBiscuits

They're up!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭phildub

They're up!

Got mine, passed thank god!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 SalteeBiscuits

phildub wrote: »
    Got mine, passed thank god!

That's all 8 for me! Absolutely delighted, hope everyone else got on well

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Lovely, thanks for the heads up. Passed everything

• Advertisement

Is 45 worth a recheck? Doubt we’ll even have results of a recheck for the next sitting?

Advertisement