Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The last Album You Listened to.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Squirrel and G-Man Twenty Four Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out) - written and performed by none other than the Happy Mondays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭fluke

The last album I listened to (just a couple of hours ago) was Zooropa by U2. With nothing to prove after Achtung Baby, it's their most purely creative album.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

R-3449731-1579680347-1232.jpeg.jpg

I bought this on Relikk's recommendation and it arrived today. It's very enjoyable and a relaxed listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Today I listened to Robert Hood's new album. Really nice stuff but it made me lust for a techno night out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Squirrel and G-Man Twenty Four Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out) - written and performed by none other than the Happy Mondays.

I can't listen to Tart Tart at the original speed ever since I saw the Twenty Four Hour Party People movie. It's the same pitch, but much faster and I loved it.
    I bought this on Relikk's recommendation and it arrived today. It's very enjoyable and a relaxed listen.

Now time for the masterpiece that is Innervisions. biggrin.png

The last album I listened to was Hamburger Concerto by Focus.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Relikk wrote: »
    I can't listen to Tart Tart at the original speed ever since I saw the Twenty Four Hour Party People movie. It's the same pitch, but much faster and I loved it.

The lyrics on the whole album are class, they are just so random. They are so raw... and real.

"Johnny came up to the lock up .....and he made a shock announcement"

They're class.

" the harder it gets the harder you like it"

It is a borderline masterpiece, it is astonishing it doesn't get better recognition, for the bass lines alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

The last album I listened to was A Sonic Holiday by Engine Alley.

The last album I listened to was Hotel California by The Eagles.

The last album I listened to was Eyes Open by Snow Patrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Sophie Ellis-Bextor's latest offering, Songs From The Kitchen Disco.

On repeat in the car, really really good.
    She does a great cover of Blue Order's True Faith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

You want it darker by Leonard Cohen

Been a while since I played a proper vinyl record from start to finish but after a chat with an old friend I gave the first Clash LP a spin last night. Mighty stuff altogether, even if the production did suck! Played a few other compilation albums too, mostly 70's and 80's punk/new wave I got from e-bay. Records I'd borrowed from friends as a teenager but never really had the chance to own a physical copy of myself pre-internet.

Secondhand Daylight by Magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Lockheed

An American Prayer - JM and the Doors

The Pearl by Harold Budd & Brian Eno.

RIP Harold Budd who died last night aged 84. An ambient pioneer. :(

Relikk wrote: »
    The Pearl by Harold Budd & Brian Eno.

RIP Harold Budd who died last night aged 84. An ambient pioneer. :(

No way! I'm really saddened to hear that. I was actually only listening to a new release from him and Robin Guthrie yesterday and really enjoyed it.

He made some amazingly beautiful music over many years. Years ago when I worked night shifts I used to listen to a lot of his music while trying to sleep during the day. In particular he had a lovely 2 CD album with John Foxx called Translucence/Drift Music and of course his collaborations with Brian Eno were just beautiful.

I just remembered his Pavillion of Dreams album, absolutely beautiful. Also his Moon and the Melodies collaboration was what first introduced me to the wonderful world of the Cocteau Twins.

The last album I listened to was Achtung Baby by U2.

The last album I listened to was The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

IAMAMORON wrote: »

I'm old enough to have bought this when it came out. My version has Desmond, the Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da knock-off. Decent debut but they knocked it out of the park with the next two albums.

The gig with The Shamen on Paddy's Day 1989 was deadly. No Bez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

McCartney II

Gearing up for III next week

130907683_10164738622070089_7583565646100690701_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=gdM2SzrtQ0kAX9g5QUB&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=99831a341273fe5a1ae1608a3fd66a4a&oe=5FF75732

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

Deuce - Rory gallagher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Prince - Originals

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Feeder - Swim.

The last album I listened to was Greatest Hits by Squeeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Checked out Taylor Swifts new one at the weekend. Not good!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Jeff.

Harry Nilsonn "KNNILLSSONN" 1977. Unbelievable opening track "All I think about is you" and closing track "Perfect day". Serious earworm for those who gravitate toward Leonard Cohen, Nick Drake, Beck "Sea Changes and Morning phase".

There's the opener....

https://youtu.be/1HjLKEpuYEQ

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Jeff.

I bought a stunning STUNNING original Motown press of this a few months back with the original extra 45 "Saturn" single. This album is pure gold in every sense of the word.... gate sleeve, Artwork, Songwriting, Production.... GOLD!. The collection cannot be complete without Talking Book, Innervisions, Music of my mind.... a truly wonderful, talented artist that we're blessed to still have! Good choice!

I always put these three albums on shuffle whenever I listen to this particular band...

Pink Flag, Chairs Missing & 154 by Wire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

The last new album I bought and listened to was the new one by The Strokes back early summer. It was such a non descript mediocre yawn fest I can't remember the title or even bother to look it up.

The last album I listened to for the first time was "Justice for All" by Metallica a few weeks ago on a flight.

Advertisement