Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Meta Quest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Preorders are up for this today.

Shipping 21st.

Can't fricking wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Any offers for this anywhere? I saw on reddit there was a good one for very.co.uk that lets you buy now, pay later. Unfortunately only for UK. :(

Any offers for this anywhere? I saw on reddit there was a good one for very.co.uk that lets you buy now, pay later. Unfortunately only for UK. :(

Not sure there will be offers just yet as it's still on pre-order... maybe later on though once the dust has settled

• Advertisement

If I had the spare funds I'd order one now. That Star Wars thing has me sold on it.

Aye it can be an expensive hobby this one :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,592 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Shipping now.

Nice little alternative to the Vive setup.

McDermotX wrote: »
    Shipping now.

Nice little alternative to the Vive setup.

Aye same... hopefully arriving tomorrow.

I'm also picking up a Playstation Classic tomorrow for €36 from Argos

Christmas has come early :pac:

• Advertisement

Bastards!

Bastards!

And if McDermot and I meet for a VR fight in a football field it'll be Battle of the Bastards

Onward!!!

Quest games are now showing in the Oculus app.

I've got loads marked as Free as I own them on my Rift and get a free copy for Quest.

Glad now I opted to buy most games via Oculus Home instead of Steam. Well played Facebook, well played.

:pac::pac:

Very curious to see how these shape up though. Didn't really consider looking at one until a few days back, and almost flipped a coin in the end.
    Granted there's some limitations but that ease of use and freedom could be sweet.
    Haven't touched my Vive in the last 6 months if I'm brutally honest, and even then the gap between using it had only been lengthening. Just too much hassle in my setup at home, and while I doubt the Quest will deliver a comparable experience, it might just be the more frequent companion that's needed between the big sessions.
    More comfortable to work with, quicker to setup, 20min sessions etc.........let's just see if the experience can replicated to a decent level.

Yeah I mean I use my Go more than my Rift and PSVR combined purely because of the ease of use and the fact I don't need to wait for anything to boot up.

Want a quick game of table tennis..I'm instantly playing 5 seconds later

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Currently €489 on Argos.ie

Might wait 'till it drops a little as eager as I am to give it a go.

Can see it being around £350 on Amazon for the 64Gb version in three or four weeks time as the Oculus Go dropped £50 after around month of it's launch.

Currently €489 on Argos.ie

Might wait 'till it drops a little as eager as I am to give it a go.

Can see it being around £350 on Amazon for the 64Gb version in three or four weeks time as the Oculus Go dropped £50 after around month of it's launch.

weird...

it's €449 on Oculus.com

https://www.oculus.com/quest/

Free shipping via Fedex

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

If only the referrals were live for the Quest I’d probably jump on it

Thinking of picking up a Go for cheap now for movie and TV show use primarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Both Currys UK and Argos UK doing the 64GB version for £399 on Ebay with free UK shipping.

Expensive enough item to trust AddressPal / Parcel Motel etc with though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Bought myself a Quest on Monday, should be here on Friday. Can't wait to try out Vader Immortal. It'll be my first foray into VR.

Vader looks unreal alright, And isn't there 4 more parts of it to come?

Relikk wrote: »
    Bought myself a Quest on Monday, should be here on Friday. Can't wait to try out Vader Immortal. It'll be my first foray into VR.

Yeah I reckon it'll be my first "purchase" ...price is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Both Currys UK and Argos UK doing the 64GB version for £399 on Ebay with free UK shipping.

Expensive enough item to trust AddressPal / Parcel Motel etc with though.

There's 15% off eBay UK starting tomorrow

From 09:00 24th May / Min Spend £20) Get 15% off all Video Games & Consoles /Appliances / Mobile Phones / Computers / Sound & Vision @ eBay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Any B+M where this can be got today? Argos seem to be out of stock everywhere and Curry's not listing it yet.

Pavlov is coming to the Quest.

pretty much a Firewall Zero Hour for the Quest ... gonna be a big system seller

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Coconut Joe

mrcheez wrote: »
    Pavlov is coming to the Quest.

pretty much a Firewall Zero Hour for the Quest ... gonna be a big system seller

https://twitter.com/davevillz/status/1131490962901913600

Delivered! ... only a coupla hours more ... *watching clock*

Unfortunately hearing a fair amount of audio crackling going on from the right integrated speaker.
    Was thinking it could be some interference going on in the room I was in, but it looks to be widespread enough for Oculus Support to say they're aware of it on Reddit, but don't have an ETA on a fix.
    Apparently using external headphones will help, but its strange that it hasn't been picked up before in any of the pre release reviews. Comes and goes, but noticeable within 5 mins of putting it on......not app or game specific, but will wait and see what comes out.

Apart from that, not a bad little device. Screendoor effect isn't great this far down the line of consumer devices, but we are talking about an all in one here. Only spent a limited amount of time with Vader, Beat Saber, Robo etc but looks to be handling things well enough.
    Very nice little setup program, which should be an entertaining enough experience for anyone new to VR.
    Will have to spend more time with the games and demos, but looking good (better as soon as they sort the audio out).

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    Delivered! ... only a coupla hours more ... *watching clock*

I'm thinking Mr Cheez silence is due to him trying out CzechVR on his new headset and he's after having a fap nap! :p

Advertisement