Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BANDSCAN THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

any sign of tonik coming back on air? was in dublin monday , Only NRG on air

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Rock Solid

88.1 NRG FM, 92.2 Various dance music, 93.2 KLUBOWA, 99.5 BASE FM with good signal, 107.1 still clear, no AM pirates either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Rock Solid wrote: »
    88.1 NRG FM, 92.2 Various dance music, 93.2 KLUBOWA, 99.5 BASE FM with good signal, 107.1 still clear, no AM pirates either.

91.6 True 80s is back on this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭MelbourneDub

Not very 'True 80's' if ye ask me. I heard the Plain White Tees 'Delilah' there on Saturday evening :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

Not very 'True 80's' if ye ask me. I heard the Plain White Tees 'Delilah' there on Saturday evening :D
    appoligise for the above getting on the air we are still in the early days working with the playlist we are how ever looking for reception reports and sound reports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭Antenna

In Cork, the temporary licenced Griff-FM Cork from Griffith College Cork are due back on the air next week (starting Monday 10th Feb) for their 2014 stint at 106.7FM

True80s is no more - now reverted to Easy FM

Klubowa has disappeared from 93.2 in Dublin

Galaxy 92.2 appears to be back to normal after broadcasting a tone midweek

Energy AM still off air

• Registered Users Posts: 1 barry2014

february the 6th between 2am and 4am we had our high powered fm amplifier stolen from are mountain site in kildare,as this was a brawn new unit we only got a week before it happened we would like this unit back as it is not a cheap unit to replace.we had some information over the last few days to look towards co.laois mountmellick area there is lads knowing to be robbing radio equipment from there and more information would be great help and i will give a 5-600e award to anyone who knows where the unit could be.for now we are running on low power for the next few weeks we will return to high power soon.the unit is a tuigcom 600watt amp

• Registered Users Posts: 28,981 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

any update on Klubowa 93.2?

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

Dublin Bandscan Saturday 22nd February 2014

88.1 NRG
    88.8 All80s - relay of RTE Gold
    92.2 Galaxy 92
    93.2 Phfever (dance music)
    99.5 Unid Dance music
    105.7 No.1 FM
    107.1 Tonik FM - currently only a carrier with RDS on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Infoanon wrote: »
    Dublin Bandscan Saturday 22nd February 2014

88.1 NRG
    88.8 All80s - relay of RTE Gold
    92.2 Galaxy 92
    93.2 Phfever (dance music)
    99.5 Unid Dance music
    105.7 No.1 FM
    107.1 Tonik FM - currently only a carrier with RDS on

Could the Unidentified on 99.5 be Base FM, which was there until recently?

I haven't been able to pick up anything on 92.2 or 93.2? Where are they broadcasting from or to?

I haven't noticed 88.8 or 105.7 yet, as I did not look around much! In case I can't pick them up, where are they broadcasting from or to, and what kind of a station is No. 1 FM?

To be honest, I was resigned to there being only about 2 or maybe 3 pirates and, in any event, these days I am inclined to listen to the licensed stations most of the time. So, I was surprised at some of those entries and indeed the choice of some of the frequencies.

Is easyradio gone from 91.6 yet again?

Is easyradio gone from 91.6 yet again?[/QUOTE]

hi declan we are of air not to our likeing our site owner is haveing extencive work being done on his property so we have no power on site we will return in a few days

Could the Unidentified on 99.5 be Base FM, which was there until recently?

I haven't been able to pick up anything on 92.2 or 93.2? Where are they broadcasting from or to?

I haven't noticed 88.8 or 105.7 yet, as I did not look around much! In case I can't pick them up, where are they broadcasting from or to, and what kind of a station is No. 1 FM?

To be honest, I was resigned to there being only about 2 or maybe 3 pirates and, in any event, these days I am inclined to listen to the licensed stations most of the time. So, I was surprised at some of those entries and indeed the choice of some of the frequencies.

Is easyradio gone from 91.6 yet again?

Base had RDS so I am not to sure if it is them, good signal and I wonder is this the same carrier that was on 99.1 earlier in the week - see ITT thread.

92.2 is coming from Kildare and is clear on the West side of city, 93.2 is of average power across the city,107.1 was on par with the original Tonik signal.

88.8 and 105.7 are fairly localised, 88.8 possibly the worst frequency choice in recent times ? And 10.7 from the high power signal on 99.5....

No.1 FM is a relay of a German(?) Hit radio radio station.

Should also add that Energy 1386AM has been off air since Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Base had RDS so I am not to sure if it is them, good signal and I wonder is this the same carrier that was on 99.1 earlier in the week - see ITT thread.

I put on 99.5 later yesterday evening while driving and the on-air deejay identified the station as Base FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭Antenna

Dublin RTE FM frequencies (88.5,90.7,92.9,96.7) are supposed to be going off tonight at 00:30 according to this on teletext P169:
    RTE NL - Three Rock, Co Dublin

Due to essential maintenance work, transmission from Three Rock will experience outages from 11pm on 25th until 3.30am on 26th Feb.

This work will affect DAB (from 11pm), FM radios (0.30am) and Saorview (1.30am).

It might be a rare opportunity there to listen out for distant/DX stations especially around the 96.7 Lyric frequency

I put on 99.5 later yesterday evening while driving and the on-air deejay identified the station as Base FM.

BASE FM RDS now on 99.5, also low powered carrier on 94.3

anymore news on the station on 93.2? has it advertised a website or anything?

anymore news on the station on 93.2? has it advertised a website or anything?

Apart from it being Dance music - no

Easy is back tonight on 91.6

Easy is back tonight on 91.6

ITT FM Tallaght carrier still on 99.1 maybe they have the licence for Tallaght now.
    Carrier on 107.1 and various music on 101.5

ITT FM Tallaght carrier still on 99.1 maybe they have the licence for Tallaght now.
    Carrier on 107.1 and various music on 101.5

Carrier on 107.1 is Tonik, ITT carrier is a mystery...

• Advertisement

thanks, must be only testing so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I would love a full outage from Three Rock :pac:

msg11 wrote: »
    I would love a full outage from Three Rock
    why?

RTE off air at the moment

RTE off air at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

why?

Just to experience it nothing permanent or dodgy, I would find it interesting.

A station playing Reggae music has appeared on 87.6 in West Dublin, signal average, audio very ropey

ITT FM 99.1 Carrier still on, two weeks after there last broadcast date ! Maybe they are holding the frequency for the new Tallaght station, music and tests on 101.5Fm last few evenings, 107.1 Tonik carrier very weak in Tallaght area, tx must be at a new site or somebody else is messing about, BASE FM sounding well on 99.5 and NRG FM 88.1 signal good, audio seems to the left last few days.

ITT FM 99.1 Carrier still on, two weeks after there last broadcast date ! Maybe they are holding the frequency for the new Tallaght station, music and tests on 101.5Fm last few evenings, 107.1 Tonik carrier very weak in Tallaght area, tx must be at a new site or somebody else is messing about, BASE FM sounding well on 99.5 and NRG FM 88.1 signal good, audio seems to the left last few days.
    107.1 tonic is from the original owner was talking to Derek hes just on a different site at the moment and of course ourselfs on 91.6fm weeknights and weekends for the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭MelbourneDub

105.7 - No.1FM (can't tell how strong it is)
    Asian v/o's as far as I can tell.
    Heard around Liffey Valley area

Also 87.6 - reggae music (quite weak)

99.5FM 'Base' audio sounding better. (strong)

Advertisement