Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for 'half posts'

• 22-07-2009 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a bunch of 'half round posts' for the exterior of a kids castle I'm building.
    I don't need a huge amount of them, 30 or so perhaps, but I need pressure treated wood.

Dublin/Wicklow area preferred.

Anybody know of any sources at a good price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Try any of the larger Glambia's. They do half round fence posts. Not ideal as you'll have to cut the points off but definity well treated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hell Toupee

O'Kellys saw mills beside the hell fire club - He does the lot and always very helpfull
    http://www.timbertrove.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Ok, there is a Glanbia in Ashford and also Rathfarnham isn't too far either.
    I'll visit one or the other this Saturday.

Thanks for the tips!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭10-10-20

ttm wrote: »
    Try any of the larger Glambia's. They do half round fence posts. Not ideal as you'll have to cut the points off but definity well treated.

Actually, the points will be fine for my little Oisin stove!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

10-10-20 wrote: »
    Actually, the points will be fine for my little Oisin stove!

Give a phone call first as they just keep a stock of fence posts sometimes they have a massive choice of sizes and types including half round posts other times they will have a choice of one type.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

maybe see aboutr contacting a Sawmill, I know that at our mill we usualy have a pile of what the boys incorrectly refer to as Flitchers but what a lot of people call RoundBacks

its when we Top a log so it can be put on the mill, the piece is usualy about 8-12 inches wide and between 30 and 5o mm thick, if you can find some it will give you lots more coverage per piece than 4 inch poles, if you were in Australia a 2.4 HWD Roundback would cost you $12.

a lot of mills will have something like that, try and find somewhere that has a twin edger you should get shedloads of them, as the pieces are usually too small for an upscale mill to work with, we sell a lot as garden sleepers etc

Advertisement