Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox Game Pass Cloud Streaming

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

feargantae wrote: »
    I picked up a Razer Kishi controller for my phone and i have to say it's a gamechanger. xCloud now works amazing, it connects straight to your phone and not via Bluetooth for less latency, even playing the likes of Forza and it feels like it's actually a mini xbox and not just a stream. It's pricey @€;100 but definitely worth it

Now i just need a bigger phone :pac:

Bah, this forum has convinced me to get one now, could do without spending the money but sounds worth it.

Bah, this forum has convinced me to get one now, could do without spending the money but sounds worth it.
    You won't be disappointed. But as mentioned, prepare to pay more for a bigger phone 😄

I picked one up from Argos there. I have a OnePlus 8 Pro so phone feels huge when I use it with the Kishi. It works great I have to say, no setup required other than plugging it in and this has gone from me not ever being bothered with streaming to probably going to use it a lot now. Just have to figure out what to play now.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just grabbed mine there too, still at work so can't really give it a proper go but fired up Deep Rock Galactic for a couple of minutes and just ran around the space station to see how it felt. Very impressed with it, I tried celeste a few days ago with touch controls and it was horrid but this thing basically turns my phone into an Xbox Switch!

Also the android one definitely does have clickable analog sticks, I think someone asked that on here the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Think I'll definitely pick one of these up down the line, once I start commuting again, they do look like the ideal controller for streaming as I use stadia as well as xcloud.

• Advertisement

Away for a few nights and forgot to pack the Kishi, tried Yakuza LAD there and it ran absolutely perfectly on 4G, wouldn't have known it was streamed, just could not do the timed button prompts on the touch screen so stopped. But I'm becoming a fair convert to this cloud thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Interesting insights about Microsoft looking to do XCloud streaming to the console - opening up some possible options like 'try before you buy', 'start playing the game while it downloads' (aka. a proper 'Ready to Start') or even getting Xbox One owners to play some Series X|S games on their existing console.

https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-plans-turn-old-xbox-one-consoles-streaming-boxes-future

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭brady12

Can you play FM manager on x cloud ? Could you play something like new age of empires with it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

brady12 wrote: »
    Can you play FM manager on x cloud ? Could you play something like new age of empires with it ?

No just Xbox games,, I think each server is like 4 Xbox one S and you get one of those when you play.
    That are changing them to series x in next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

brady12 wrote: »

FM is on Xbox but I can't see it on the cloud offering. At least not in game pass ultimate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Vudgie

feargantae wrote: »
    I picked up a Razer Kishi controller for my phone and i have to say it's a gamechanger. xCloud now works amazing, it connects straight to your phone and not via Bluetooth for less latency, even playing the likes of Forza and it feels like it's actually a mini xbox and not just a stream. It's pricey @€;100 but definitely worth it

Now i just need a bigger phone :pac:

Can you use this with your phone case on or does it have to be out of it?

Thanks.

Vudgie wrote: »
    Can you use this with your phone case on or does it have to be out of it?

Thanks.

Got mine recently for €70 from Amazon. My phone has to be out of the case, given the size where you slot in the usb C port I would imagine all phones have to be removed from the case. Loving it though. Have used it for stadia, GFN, xcloud and remote play, takes a little getting used to it but definitely glad I bought it

Xcloud + Kishi + Hades. The future has arrived!

Well I suppose not yet because Hades isn't out yet 😅

Mr Grumble wrote: »
    Xcloud + Kishi + Hades. The future has arrived!

Well I suppose not yet because Hades isn't out yet ��

Will be interesting to see how it performs, even minor lag would make Hades unplayable I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I’ve the PowerA Moga Mobile Clip, does the job and you can still use the elite controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

What mobile networks are people playing on? my phone is on gomo, and even with full reception, the performance is still unplayable on a pixel 3a.
    The wifi at home is 2.4ghz, so less than optimal also.

What mobile networks are people playing on? my phone is on gomo, and even with full reception, the performance is still unplayable on a pixel 3a.
    The wifi at home is 2.4ghz, so less than optimal also.

I play xcloud and stadia on mobile data with Gomo occasionally and it runs like a dream. Sometimes better than my WiFi if I'm at other end of the house to the router.

They upgraded performance for a bunch of games in the last day or two, just played a bit of Yakuza LAD and the load times are a fraction of what they were.

I'm away for a few days next week so will bring the Kishi, looking forward to testing it out more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

They upgraded performance for a bunch of games in the last day or two, just played a bit of Yakuza LAD and the load times are a fraction of what they were.

I'm away for a few days next week so will bring the Kishi, looking forward to testing it out more.

They're rolling out Series X server blades. Games are still running on the One S profile for now, but the loading times will improve significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

CatInABox wrote: »
    They're rolling out Series X server blades. Games are still running on the One S profile for now, but the loading times will improve significantly.
    Tom Warren at the Verge reported that the Yakuza LAD version had the Performance / Graphics options in the menu, rather than running on the One S profile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 askpt

Does anyone here have any experience with this controller for iPhone on xCloud?
    https://playbackbone.com

Idk if it was part of the servers upgrade but even the network latency got way better. Now it's definitely playable.

Xcloud servers have been upgraded to series X hardware

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Xcloud servers have been upgraded to series X hardware

It's also available on Win10 and iOS now too, not just for xbox insiders

It's also available on Win10 and iOS now too, not just for xbox insiders

Is it still in the beta testing phase? I still find it pretty unplayable for most games.

Is it still in the beta testing phase? I still find it pretty unplayable for most games.

It's still beta, just more available.

I find it works well for turn based stuff, like Yakuza: Like a Dragon has been absolutely fine but also tried some stuff that needs quicker reactions and it just doesn't work too well for that imo. So pick your games I guess.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I find it works well for turn based stuff, like Yakuza: Like a Dragon has been absolutely fine but also tried some stuff that needs quicker reactions and it just doesn't work too well for that imo. So pick your games I guess.

I wouldn't recommend the speed bike section in Battletoads.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend the speed bike section in Battletoads.

Being honest, I wouldn't recommend playing that on a console either..... :mad:

Being honest, I wouldn't recommend playing that on a console either..... :mad:

The game very kindly lets you activate invincibility once you've died a certain amount of times, not that such a hardcore gamer as myself would ever dream of using such a feature :pac:

• Advertisement

I find the lag with the controller just doesn't lend itself to anything that I have played so far such as GTA V, PES, etc. Driving and aiming are just impossible.

Advertisement