Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loosing interest in restoration project

Options
  • 31-05-2021 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hello

I bought a car many years ago and was way too enthusiastic on the idea of a concourse restoration of the car.

It's essentially a bare shell with all the bits labeled and catalogued in boxes.

I have lost motivation in finishing it. Every time I get the motivation to get booked with someone for painting they tell me they are booked out for 6months, and I move on to some other pass time, life responsibilities, etc. I would like to see what my options are in passing it on.

Has anyone been able to sell a box of bits like this? Is it unsellable unless it's reassembled? Is it for scrap if I don't finish...

It's a 1988 Honda Accord 2.0i 16v in red , top of the line in the day and very very rare to find for sale today. There is a white one on done deal at the minute, last time I seen one for sale in Ireland or the UK was over 5 years at least. I don't want to scrap it and it's in my way now. What's the best way of getting an enthusiast to take it onboard that will have the energy to put it all back together..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭gn3dr

stezie wrote: »
    Hello

I bought a car many years ago and was way too enthusiastic on the idea of a concourse restoration of the car.

It's essentially a bare shell with all the bits labeled and catalogued in boxes.

I have lost motivation in finishing it. Every time I get the motivation to get booked with someone for painting they tell me they are booked out for 6months, and I move on to some other pass time, life responsibilities, etc. I would like to see what my options are in passing it on.

Has anyone been able to sell a box of bits like this? Is it unsellable unless it's reassembled? Is it for scrap if I don't finish...

It's a 1988 Honda Accord 2.0i 16v in red , top of the line in the day and very very rare to find for sale today. There is a white one on done deal at the minute, last time I seen one for sale in Ireland or the UK was over 5 years at least. I don't want to scrap it and it's in my way now. What's the best way of getting an enthusiast to take it onboard that will have the energy to put it all back together..

Thanks

Is it the square back type or a saloon?
    A Honda enthusiast forum would probably be a good place to start (not sure if there is an Irish one)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

gn3dr wrote: »
    Is it the square back type or a saloon?
    A Honda enthusiast forum would probably be a good place to start (not sure if there is an Irish one)

There are loads of Irish Honda pages on Facebook. Would be very easy to get good of there.
    The forums seem to be dead though.

Advertisement