Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: Drivetime with Sarah McInerney & Cormac O hEadhra

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,931 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

denartha wrote: »
    Tuned into Drivetime for the first time in ages.

It's really gone down hill.

Have to agree.... very tabloid .... people like John Cooke feeding ‘punters’ with open goals....lookit.... we can see through that.

Getting more like ‘Heat’ every day....

Nah.....

buried wrote: »
    You'd swear Ireland won the World Cup last night the way these two f**king goofballs are giggling and laughing here at some segment about shorts.

Not a good direction to take Bee, not suitable for a main evening anchor news programme.

Complete copy of Newstalk, Studio presenters ‘joshing’ each other, and about as convincing as a wet night in Moyvalley.

You can’t pull stuff like this off with any style.... stupid and puerile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

That Weasel Heyes on defending the banks again!

Is there something wrong with that??

• Registered Users Posts: 66,296 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Twitter has lit up and Hayes is trending. Seems he got 'skewered' by Sarah. Looking forward to a listen back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Twitter has lit up and Hayes is trending. Seems he got 'skewered' by Sarah. Looking forward to a listen back.

Didn't hear it...and maybe he did...but I wouldn't be relying on the latest Twitter trends as a reliable source.

‘Up the Ra’ man is incoming .....

Good bit of broadcasting on the Contact Tracing debacle - discuss the problem with those concerned about it then feature somewhere where it is working properly.

Looks like John Cooke is filling in for the DoomsdayDog.

Desperately trying to dig up anyone prepared blame the Govt for the issue.

Cooke piling on the blame implications as best he can, laying it on as thick as
    possible.

Only hearing one side of the story, he’s trying to Jack this up even more now.

Very unbalanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I heard a promo for Drive Time today, the interview with Pearse Doherty.

Did they pick that piece deliberately as it makes Pearse sound a bit like an idiot, very muddled and stumbling over his words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

NIMAN wrote: »
    I heard a promo for Drive Time today, the interview with Pearse Doherty.

Did they pick that piece deliberately as it makes Pearse sound a bit like an idiot, very muddled and stumbling over his words.

SF supporters will say it was edited in such a way as to contort his interview into incoherence.

What would SF have done Pearse?

We didn't really think about that.

Leaders of the opposition :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Terrible show again, absolutely no international news, basically just filling the time with waffle and then over to Callan at 6:30 that lad is about as funny as a hole in the head

I thought the piece on the mother and baby homes legislation was good, but the rest was pretty poor...especially the movies/novels item...cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Terrible show again, absolutely no international news, basically just filling the time with waffle and then over to Callan at 6:30 that lad is about as funny as a hole in the head

Little or No International news is common across most of the current affairs shows on RTE at moment (arguably years)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,853 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Sarah Mc should go back to Today @ and let the current airhead go to the evening show with Cormac.

Bet she is being primed for the LLS and the greyhound/ lurcher ie Tubridy is off to other things.

RTE management and producers need a kick in the goolies.

Sarah Mc should go back to Today @ and let the current airhead go to the evening show with Cormac.

Bet she is being primed for the LLS and the greyhound/ lurcher ie Tubridy is off to other things.

RTE management and producers need a kick in the goolies.

In my opinion
      The quicker they get Tubridy off the LLS, where he is past his sell by date
      The quicker they can get Claire onto the LLS, where I think she’d do a good job
      The quicker they get Sarah back onto the Today programme

the better

Oh, and by all means let the DLB host the Toyshow, there’s no way I could see Claire Byrne even attempting that. And he’s done all that rehearsing already for it. And I hate to see a grown man cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,853 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

In my opinion
      The quicker they get Tubridy off the LLS, where he is past his sell by date
      The quicker they can get Claire onto the LLS, where I think she’d do a good job
      The quicker they get Sarah back onto the Today programme

the better

Oh, and by all means let the DLB host the Toyshow, there’s no way I could see Claire Byrne even attempting that. And he’s done all that rehearsing already for it. And I hate to see a grown man cry.

LOL. We think we know everything re TV and Radio, but since I am paying a license fee for both I can say that IMO RTE has lost the plot :pac:

LOL. We think we know everything re TV and Radio, but since I am paying a license fee for both I can say that IMO RTE has lost the plot :pac:

There is that truth, too!

Oh ffs Aifric O'Connell (had to Google her) having the 'banter' with the gang about who to dress up as for Halloween...the latest "merch"...like totes amazeballs goiys.

Fcuking awful radio. Like a (bad) whacky breakfast show. Whoever's responsible for the new direction of the show should be fired...or at least moved to D'Arcy/Tubridy or some other such sh1te.

Cole wrote: »
    Oh ffs Aifric O'Connell (had to Google her) having the 'banter' with the gang about who to dress up as for Halloween...the latest "merch"...like totes amazeballs goiys.

Fcuking awful radio. Like a (bad) whacky breakfast show. Whoever's responsible for the new direction of the show should be fired...or at least moved to D'Arcy/Tubridy or some other such sh1te.

Agree Cole... that insert was a complete stomach churning load of bollox.

• Advertisement

Let’s see how Sarah handles this one with MLMCD

One name check so far, no interruptions so far, vanilla interview so far.

Second name check, no interruptions , complete free wheel.

Third name check, fourth name check, no interruptions.

First confrontation, all evidence accepted, ML speaking very slowly, ML not answering the only hard question Sarah threw.

He hehheh..... jeez.

Totally different tone of voice with Norma Foley.

Strange..... very strange.

OMG another SF shill in RTE. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

They've f**ked up the daily news programme with magazine pieces sure they might as well go the whole hog and f**k up the sports department as well while they're at it, 2 of the only things rte did well imo

Cormac beating his head, fruitlessly, against a brick wall.

In what way, a chara?

So much so that he let the public know that the FGer had refused to debate the issue with Louise O'Reilly.

Got himself into quite the hoop did Burke.

In what way, a chara?

Burke was not for moving his position, come what may.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

really poor interview

• Advertisement

So much so that he let the public know that the FGer had refused to debate the issue with Louise O'Reilly.

Got himself into quite the hoop did Burke.

Wouldn’t agree with that Francie, lad obviously copped on that O’Reilly would bully the presenter and like the old Vincent Browne tactics and it would turn out into two against one tag match.

Francie, I think you are losing it a bit, nothing personal, but you seem to think that folk will walk into situations where the deck is stacked.

Even a grunt like myself can see that given the set-up in RTE,gives the government rep no chance at all to put their points across.

All you have to do is listen to Katie Hannon last Saturday.... completely lost control.

Need to up your game. Only fools go in against the stacked deck.

Advertisement