Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kenmare thread

Options
  • 22-06-2020 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭

Probably not the right place for this but I can't see a Kenmare thread. Visited there for first time since Feb. I see Mick & Jimmy's restaurant is gone. I know the building was for sale pre -COVID, just wondering if the restaurant was destined to close or move or is it cos of current situation?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Just setting a thread up for Kenmare. For anyone who wants to post about the area. MOD

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The town hit bad with flooding

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The town hit bad with flooding

It looked awful. I feel sorry for the business who have been hit with this now after everything! Desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Anyone know a reliable roofer to replace two valley gutters. Emergency now after Tuesday's rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

Hi Kenmare Folks! Will be heading to Kenmare in a couple of weeks for 5 days.

Any recommendations on beaches nearby? We have a toddler so more of a paddling than a surfing type beach would be our preference! Happy to go off the beaten track as well.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Anyone on here know if Packies is open or what's the story? Tried ringing a few times yesterday to book a table, couldn't get through..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Anyone on here know if Packies is open or what's the story? Tried ringing a few times yesterday to book a table, couldn't get through..
    Unless I'm blind, it's gone. No old signage even. Purple Heather still in business.

KOR101 wrote: »
    Unless I'm blind, it's gone. No old signage even. Purple Heather still in business.
    Ah okay, I haven't been around the town yet so didn't know the signage was gone. Pity, as the food there was always good. A big loss IMO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

Was in Kenmare the weekend and it’s closed, used go there too. Another attempted open up called ‘anois’ but think it’s hit some obstacle. The locals don’t spill much, too busy asking questions.
    Plenty places to eat and beer, grand town for pub crawl.

Xtrail14 wrote: »
    Was in Kenmare the weekend and it’s closed, used go there too. Another attempted open up called ‘anois’ but think it’s hit some obstacle. The locals don’t spill much, too busy asking questions.
    Plenty places to eat and beer, grand town for pub crawl.
    Just to follow up on this, I heard recently that Packies has reopened as Anois (run by his son). Is this true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Anon.123

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a takeaway with gluten free options at the moment?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Just to follow up on this, I heard recently that Packies has reopened as Anois (run by his son). Is this true?

Yes, Anois is run by her son.

Yes, Anois is run by her son.
    Have you been, any good? Packies was top quality any time I was there

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Have you been, any good? Packies was top quality any time I was there

No, personally haven't been there yet, but I'd be fairly certain, the quality will be the same or better!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

It was a shame that Jam closed a while back. It was always a great place for a snack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Radio5

I read somewhere that Avoca (Molls Gap) was re-opening this week- anyone have any info on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

Passed by it a few hours ago and it was open with outdoor seats. But like everywhere in this region it’s super busy.

Main Kenmare - Glengariff Road closing from early October for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Hi all, we may be heading to Beara (Kerry side) for a few days in the winter and we may have to drive on small local roads.

How regular are closures due to ice, snow, etc? We will mainly be South of the N571.

Thanks

It's reopening tomorrow.

The Molls Gap to Killarney Road is now closed til 23rd December.

• Advertisement

Sad to hear that The Wander Inn closed last weekend for the last time. Was in there over the summer and it was hopping. May be a different story in the winter though. Pity as I always liked it in there.

I didn't hear that. Yes it seemed very busy all summer.

Just saw it on their Facebook page last week. Hopefully it won't be vacant for long, and someone comes along to open up anew there

Advertisement