Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food in Clondalkin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Pandinis are doing delivery now I see, hopefully it keeps them ticking over til things improve. Was always a decent restaurant to head to if you were not keen heading further afield & prices weren't too bad.

Anyone try the chipper down beside where Xtravision used to be? for all the chippers in Clondalkin I never found any of them much use. 9th Lough were probably the best, but you could be waiting two hours for delivery from them somehow. Burdocks in Tallaght don't deliver to D22 anymore either, sadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,807 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Pandinis are doing delivery now I see, hopefully it keeps them ticking over til things improve. Was always a decent restaurant to head to if you were not keen heading further afield & prices weren't too bad.

Anyone try the chipper down beside where Xtravision used to be? for all the chippers in Clondalkin I never found any of them much use. 9th Lough were probably the best, but you could be waiting two hours for delivery from them somehow. Burdocks in Tallaght don't deliver to D22 anymore either, sadly!

Yeah have had it a few times including tonight.

Decent enough. Chips were lovely and fresh.

Pizza was nice as well.

Portions huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Another vote here for Workshop and it's quite handy to have Marco's in the same group of shops.

Although Wow burger prices on just eat are far more expensive, it's still a game changer for quality.

If anyone likes authentic doner kebabs, the Asian place next door to the new chipper at Elmfield is very good and authentic. Kebabs are on fresh nannbreads cooked to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭con747

anewme wrote: »
    If anyone likes authentic doner kebabs, the Asian place next door to the new chipper at Elmfield is very good and authentic. Kebabs are on fresh nannbreads cooked to order.

What I would do to be able to try them out, but that's beyond my 5k since leaving the village years ago.:( I will get one though when I can. :pac:

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement

Where's that now?

Where's that now?

Its the little shop next door to Carry Out off licence.

Its the little shop next door to Carry Out off licence.

Ah right. May give them a go this weekend. I do like a good kebab.

Ah right. May give them a go this weekend. I do like a good kebab.

We got the chips next door and the Kebabs there.

Doner kebabs huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Looks like a new Mexican place beside the Purty Central. Anyone try it yet?

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    Looks like a new Mexican place beside the Purty Central. Anyone try it yet?

I think it is just the Central and they just have a few Mexican options on their menu.

Going to hijack this thread, but Clondalkin is finally done

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

LOL. Are you the storyteller?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

Brilliant video

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Not food related but right now it's like the Ride of the Valkyries scene from Apocalypse Now overhead, wtf is going on

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

Not food related but right now it's like the Ride of the Valkyries scene from Apocalypse Now overhead, wtf is going on

Ha yeah, it was right over me earlier at about 4:30 too. Apparently something going on at the red cow then

Seems to have been a single Garda Air Support Unit helicopter, but instead of hovering it was doing fast tight circles over the area, resulting in a very loud and varying noise

The other half said there was similar during the afternoon too.

Deliveroo upgraded :pac:

Pacman gone on boards soon so had to post 1. :(

2 Chinese places: Mr. Lam and New Territory. New territory is beside Macaris, everyone knows mr lams. But is the food any good from either?

Cienciano wrote: »
    2 Chinese places: Mr. Lam and New Territory. New territory is beside Macaris, everyone knows mr lams. But if the food and good from either?

Used to get food in both years ago and it was fine, not sure about now though.

• Advertisement

I had zambrero (mexican burittos) delivered from their place at the red cow and they were very good. Again, any option that isn't the usual chinese/pizza/chipper and I'm happy! But ordered from there about 4 times now and has been very good each time.
    It's being called Poppadoms and the logo looks to be the same as the place that was there before Khan's. Either it's the same person/people or somebody didn't do any research.

Finally went there and it's definitely the same place. A few unusual things on the menu that the old poppadom used to do and I've never seen anywhere else. Bar the slave labour thing, it's a decent indian.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Keep forgetting to post this. I had food from this place last weekend and it was really nice - https://www.minorisushi.ie/

The portions were decent and would definitely order again. I didn't know about the place as I rarely get takeaways but spotted it on Just Eat and the reviews are nearly all positive so I gave it a go.

Allergen: Fish

Well, yeah 😉

East Village has nice sharing plates and cheese boards in the evening. Went last week, you can have a glass of wine.

I meant to post here the weekend before last - the infamous Mr. Lam's is gone!

Had my first Chinese there back in the early 80's. First Chinese in Clondalkin I think?

Probably still using the same oil 😂

Never cared after falling out of the Laurels back then, and to be fair it was decent enough back in the early days.

How can Clondalkin handle the loss of a Chinese? I actually never went, but heard the stories.

Btw, not far away, chilli tandoori is not a bad option for sitting in. It's BYO so head around to molloys for a few drinks and makes it cheaper. Standard enough Indian, but if you aren't in the mood of the pubs with the exact same 5 dishes on the menu, it's an option

• Advertisement

It's been closed a good few months, I actually noticed a few lads going in with ladders there a couple of weeks ago and assumed a new owner might be in place.

Advertisement