Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2019-20 Thread

• 24-10-2019 5:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Bit behind with 2 days of the season gone but may as well get this going now....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Kyrie starts off the season with a 50point game in a loss - I have a feeling that could be the story of their season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭howiya

Looked to sign up to league pass last night. Some price increase from last season. €19.99 a month, now €27.99 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

howiya wrote: »
    Looked to sign up to league pass last night. Some price increase from last season. €19.99 a month, now €27.99 a month

That's a crazy % increase.
    I didn't avail of it personally but if you have a VPN someone posted a workaround link to the Indian NBA.com page where from memory it was €12ish for the year. I'm not sure if that will be available this year but maybe others can advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,792 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I didn't avail of it personally but if you have a VPN someone posted a workaround link to the Indian NBA.com page where from memory it was €12ish for the year. I'm not sure if that will be available this year but maybe others can advise?

they automatically took the money this year (they sent an email in advance saying they would) and all is working fine like last year !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The increase is because people were able to just VPN and get it dirt cheap from India, so instead of lowering the price to make it reasonable, they jacked it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭howiya

Thanks for replies. Might look into that over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

That’s interesting, is it all in English?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

leggo wrote: »
    That’s interesting, is it all in English?

Yes, works the exact same as the normal gamepass app. You need to log back into the vpn each time when you load it but can disconnect the vpn then. I used tunnelbear last year which is free.

I got the autorenewal but my card has changed since last year, so the payment didn't complete. I tried to re-sign up but it's giving me an error message when I try and use my revolut card. Has anyone actually signed up with a new account this year with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,365 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

First game of the season Harden has 10 FTs in 10 minutes played :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

On my way to warriors game, first game at new stadium, easy train ride from my house to stadium, it’s still 80 degrees, I have a few beers for the train, iam one happy camper right now, thanks for the memories Oracle but bye felicia

• Advertisement

Missed my train, work at 5am, sobering up, warriors suck, ohh how things have changed in a few hours....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Are trains infrequent?

Can see it being a strange season for the Warriors with the roster and the move. Hopefully they can get it going and not just become dependant on Steph.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Are trains infrequent?

Can see it being a strange season for the Warriors with the roster and the move. Hopefully they can get it going and not just become dependant on Steph.

Trains/trams next to stadium are frequent but I love just outside the city so I get the Caltrain, it’s like a 20 min walk from stadium and runs from San Francisco to San Jose, typically a train every hour.
    I could of waited an hour but I split an Uber with my friend, had to walk probably 20 to 30 mins away from stadium as Uber’s were triple the normal cost, would not pay that out of sheer principle.

I usually try and zone out from basketball for a few months after reg season, it gets to be too much of an overload for me but I never realized how weak the Warriors roster is, it’s going to be a long season, Klay and a solid draft pick for next I think is the best outcome. I’ve confidence in owners to make right moves also

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭bot43

qwabercd wrote: »
    Yes, works the exact same as the normal gamepass app. You need to log back into the vpn each time when you load it but can disconnect the vpn then. I used tunnelbear last year which is free.

I got the autorenewal but my card has changed since last year, so the payment didn't complete. I tried to re-sign up but it's giving me an error message when I try and use my revolut card. Has anyone actually signed up with a new account this year with it?

Mine auto renewed anyway. Cannot see it lasting much longer though. Im surprised it has even worked this long. I had hoped to do the same for the NHL equivalent but no dice.

That price increase is absolutely mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Just catching up on a few games feom during the week today . KAT has started the season on fire, I think he had 30 in 32 minutes last night he was also crazy good against the nets. The Mavs look good, Doncic is surely going to get an all star this year, looks to have improved even more. The Lakers had a good win over the jazz, they have a lot more balanced team this year, between them, Clippers and the rockets in the west? Too early to say I suppose. I must check out the Warriors game against the Clippers and also the Bulls game against memphis.On a final note it's amazing what a good pg can do for a team, watched the suns highlights vs the kings and they looked a completely different team to last year with Rubio.

2 games in for Portland with a massively changed roster and I'm happy with what I'm seeing, Hassan Whiteside and Kent Bazemore may not be superstars but they're such a big upgrade over Meyers Leonard and Evan Turner it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,792 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Wow. Zion out 6-8 weeks. Hasn't been healthy since the preseason. Not the way to start a career.
    Pelicans start 0-4. Hey, my Knicks won one! And RJ Barrett is definitely starting well.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27954234/alvin-gentry-raises-red-flag-new-orleans-pelicans-drop-0-4

• Registered Users Posts: 19,792 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Igotadose wrote: »
    Wow. Zion out 6-8 weeks. Hasn't been healthy since the preseason. Not the way to start a career.
    Pelicans start 0-4. Hey, my Knicks won one! And RJ Barrett is definitely starting well.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27954234/alvin-gentry-raises-red-flag-new-orleans-pelicans-drop-0-4

Barrett may well turn out to be the much better pick in the long run !!

Rockets Wizards ends 159-158, highest ever score in a non-OT game. Harden wins it at the line with 2 seconds remaining on a terrible foul call. He's now averaging 16.5 free throws per game this season :pac:

Was a soft enough call to give Beal the 3 at the other end too before that.

What a horrific 1st quarter from the Warriors, down by 29! :eek:

• Advertisement

Steph just broke his hand :(

Steph just broke his hand :(

On my way home from the game, absolutely depressing night, worst night for the Warriors for years. They were bad enough but now, I just don’t know, not much management can do about this.

Lucky he didn't do more damage to his ankles along with the wrist.

https://streamable.com/k2iml

• Registered Users Posts: 36,022 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

On my way home from the game, absolutely depressing night, worst night for the Warriors for years. They were bad enough but now, I just don’t know, not much management can do about this.

Should consider tanking imo - not a playoff team this year.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Yea, I don’t think we have a choice now, it will be refreshing to be back at n the struggle but the amount of money Iam going to lose is horrendous

This is the 96/97 Spurs all over again isn't it, Robinson gets injured, they tank for one season only and return to the top with Tim Duncan.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Draft lottery has been changed this year though... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I’ve no issue with the Warriors and I feel for Steph, but I find it hard to feel too bad for the team who’s been to the last 5 finals and recruited KD when they were already near-unstoppable. It’s a testament to the organisation that there’s not too much people taking pleasure in this, that would usually be the case, but they’re coming off one of the most amazing runs in NBA history. It’s okay if they have a down season and it’s actually good for the league (the same way Man Utd’s struggles are for football, and I’m a United fan!)

And, even then, when Curry and Klay are back at 100% they get to go right back to being a contender again. So my heart isn’t bleeding too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭bot43

Gents - using vpn with pass and tunnel bear. Live games can be choppy when casting. Is this (free) tunnel bears fault? Or should I pay for a better vpn?

No such issues when watching highlights later or watching live on the iPad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Miami 49-16 Houston a minute into 2nd quarter.

Advertisement