Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i like the azerite traits, like one gives me a str buff if i use a specific skill twice in a row another gives me a dmg absorb shield if i am fighting more than 4 enemies at a time and one is a random heal. it's pretty cool so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The music in Boralus is brilliant. Really enjoy the atmosphere of the zone.

Looking forward to seeing what's in store from the war campaign as well. Plus, Island expeditions and warfronts.

them dungeon queue times good lord, id tank if my arm wasnt eh less fractured :P 1 hr 30 min wait and no pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Is it just me or is leveling fairly quick? I've done one zone fully (Tiragarde sound) and dipped my toe into Stormsong valley and im 117. I'll be 120 before i finish stormsong, that leaves 4 other zones? Or is there feck all quests in the horde infested zones for alliance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

nix wrote: »
    Is it just me or is leveling fairly quick? I've done one zone fully (Tiragarde sound) and dipped my toe into Stormsong valley and im 117. I'll be 120 before i finish stormsong, that leaves 4 other zones? Or is there feck all quests in the horde infested zones for alliance?

Some people are complaining its taking too long, i like you am a completionist so im near capped and not finished second zone.

Havent ventured to Zanadalar yet, so cant answer second part.

• Advertisement

i got to 115 in zandaalar i did every quest i as far as i am aware. Now i dont mind the speed but i can definitely see how it would feel slow especially if your an alt aholic. the levels seem pointless since you get nothing literally nothing from the levels why are they even there all the skills are in the gear but bleh. Game needs a level squish.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Game needs a level squish.

Heh, no chance of that with wow classic on the way.

I dinged 120 tonight, and as expected few quests left in Stormsong.

However, as i dinged i decided to check out the other island, should have went there a lot earlier, you get more recruits for your mission table, shoulda done it back at like level 114 :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah leveling is a lot faster, i havent had a lot of time but still sitting at lvl 118.
    The beta was even faster so they nerfed it, i think its perfect now.

@nix or people who miss out on things they could be doing at x lvl or y lvl this guide might help you, a vast amount of info in here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xHvIxX5TE0ZMYTKBzkaRNFQTJzYQJhhho8KuyK4CB0w/htmlview?sle=true#

Ive had barely any chance to play (less than 2 hours so far), but i've been taking it really slow. Just enjoying the new zones, and actually reading all the quest text. Only at 111 so far, but i'd say i'll get to max at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Will not get a chance to start this till the weekend, my plan is to get my Alliance Pally up to 120 and then start a Horde Warlock from scratch.

• Advertisement

im going to recommend an addon called Storyline mostly because that quest dialog box is doing my head in :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

They really dumbed down the game. I boosted a Fury Warrior, a class i have never played before and my "rotation" at level 110 is 3 buttons and a 1.5min CD. Every other ability is super situational. I then tried a level 100 Frost DK and a 110 Chaos Demon Hunter and all 3 specs are almost identical! The game is an action bar watching, button spamming simulation, now more than ever. They really should add controller support so i can sit back in my chair and spam the buttons on my pad. Final Fantasy 14 really does combat right. Game has a great flow with combos/rotations and it feels super rewarding sinking into a rotation and nailing everything perfectly.

The one thing Wow does do right is the world building and design of the zones. I'm in love with each zone and its inhabitants, compared to Final Fantasy's zones with have so much filler copy pasted areas filled with a bunch of mobs. I think ill be done with Wow after i finish the main storyline.

My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined

yes most classes have been majorly pruned skill wise, i mean it was insanely bloated for a while but i think some classes have been just stupidly pruned down. I do love fury atm tho. Also ghost mount from archeology quest in legion dalaran is up limited time mount go get it !

All the other classes with their "dumbed down" talk, i am loving it as i play hunter. They dumbed it down so much in legion it was the cabbage spec, they actually added a bit of complexity.

Most classes at this time are about 4-5 abilities.

yea i prefer it myself, especially my bm hunter. not so much bfa survival i love legion suv on my hunter i mained him most of the xpack and some spec's and classes need a good prune like stealth rogue it has like 5 or more finisher's why do you need that many finisher's and it has way to many gc attack's i think all classes that can comfortably be played with about 10 buttons or less is a good move on blizz's part.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So i finally manged to rouse my pc into life. No idea how.

Played about an hour did the battle of Lorderon and the Azerite stuff in Silithis.

So far so good. I like the tirisgard aesthetic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

yes most classes have been majorly pruned skill wise, i mean it was insanely bloated for a while but i think some classes have been just stupidly pruned down. I do love fury atm tho. Also ghost mount from archeology quest in legion dalaran is up limited time mount go get it !

Need to get 600 bone pieces of Ech'ro. Searched 1 archeology site to completion and found 8. :( Way to long for me

Glebee wrote: »
    Need to get 600 bone pieces of Ech'ro. Searched 1 archeology site to completion and found 8. :( Way to long for me

ive been doing it for about an hour got 250ish so far my tip would be avoid the big area in the marsh place, and just do the other site's they are small and quick to complete. Now can anyone tell me what do i need to do to unlock island expeditions im lvl 115

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭SScope

Lone Stone wrote:
    ive been doing it for about an hour got 250ish so far my tip would be avoid the big area in the marsh place, and just do the other site's they are small and quick to complete. Now can anyone tell me what do i need to do to unlock island expeditions im lvl 115

The island expeditions unlocked for me once I hit 116 and went back to Boralus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

A FFS, windows decided to update and not im left with a black screen and a cursor. No matter what I do I cant rool back to previous windows version...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

alrite so if your like me i never did the missions from blight caller to set up an outpost on the opposite factions island and you do two of those and you get the island expeditions unlocked derppp

alrite so if your like me i never did the missions from blight caller to set up an outpost on the opposite factions island and you do two of those and you get the island expeditions unlocked derppp

Yeah i left those until level 120, regretted that one :D

I did the first one of those last night, and enjoyed it. Not so much the group of lvl120 mobs that i pulled when i went exploring though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

So I have yet to do the mission to set up the outpost on the opposite factions island, but is there a whole quest hub over there? I'm still super early in the game but I kinda like to stick to a zone till I clear it out.

So I have yet to do the mission to set up the outpost on the opposite factions island, but is there a whole quest hub over there? I'm still super early in the game but I kinda like to stick to a zone till I clear it out.

Each zone has a handful of quests, theres more quests, but if you just stick to the main quest that brings you over there, you will be in and out. Vol'dun was the only longish one.

Stick to what you're doing if you plan to do all the quests regardless.

But doing the quests in those 3 zones and getting to friendly with the 3 alli rep zones, you will unlock world quests alot faster.

So when i hit 120, i had to do all those 3 horde zones and do a good chunk of the Drustvar main quest line to lunlock the world quests.

So when im leveling alts, im just gonna do the main story quests in each zone and do the war campaign quests also, that will most likely be enough to get you to 120.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Remember you need to work on another faction rep which you gain from world quests on the enemy island, its The honourbound for horde and 7th legion for alliance.
    This is needed to progress your war campaign, i found this really annoying tbh especially as its not explained in the game at all.

yea im fairly bleh about that entire rep gating, i really wanted to start a new orc maggi what ever they are called shammy, i was like waiting for it thought it was just going to be a quest line to get them but nope more rep. it's not like i had to do that for four other races already blehhh.

Ran my first dungeon last night as a tank, Shrine of the Storm i think it was. And surprisingly they were nice to me. No toxicity to be seen.

I give it a week.

yea im fairly bleh about that entire rep gating, i really wanted to start a new orc maggi what ever they are called shammy, i was like waiting for it thought it was just going to be a quest line to get them but nope more rep. it's not like i had to do that for four other races already blehhh.

Only saving Grace is there is about 2 years until next expac to plenty of time.

• Advertisement

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Ok, now for some genuine thoughts on the expo itself.

a) I genuinely believe Alliance got the better end of the stick this time around as far as zones go. With the Horde content being centric to Trolls, it's hard not to just think of SV, ZG and all the other troll-related things (even if most are accessible to both sides - we've all seen enough of it since vanilla). While the blood-troll side of things added a bit of spice to it with decrepit zones and a musty dungeon, the alternatives are nothing new for us. Meanwhile, Alliance dungeons and zones re a bit more appealing/fun -- or maybe it's just me.
    b) Not happy that the new races are gated like the previous, though I understand that it'd be weird not having the requirements for allied races equal.
    c) Zandalar is a pita.
    d) I regret not levelling my ProtPally first - compared to ProtWar, it is infinitely smoother across the board AND it brings utility to the table.
    e) I regret not unlocking the war-campaigns earlier. Aside from the 'bring 100 war resources to me' quest, I left the followups until I had 100% completed the zone-campaign. Turns out I could have been researching things earlier or doing WQ's earlier.
    f) Island expeditions are decent - but heroics can be infuriating at the moment seeing as people keep treating it like a BG or dungeon. There I am, prot, pulling mobs away so people can mine resources but they focus on killing and typically run off and leave resources behind afterwards. This is more a complaint about people rather than content - it's a nice 'other thing to do'.
    g) Other than a few niggling minor criticisms, the overall experience has been pretty solid so far.

Right now I'm levelling my ProtPaladin inbetween checking for relevant WQ's for my ProtWarrior. Still conflicted as to which one to focus on. PvE content is far smoother on PPally but I do prefer PWar for PvP. Guess I'll fail at trying to keep both relatively close to eachother for as long as I remain interested in the expansion.

Interesting as pre launch people were saying the Horde zones were much better.

Alliance zones strike me as a mix of Pandaria/Gilneas feeling.

Also Interesting about the Palla, i'm levelling my Prot Warrior now and i'm wondering if its meant to be this slow to burn down mobs.

Advertisement