Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tralee thread

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

There was an enormous crowd for Joe Flynns removal last night. I'm sure he will get the send off he deserves today.
    RIP to a really nice man.

Yes the traffic up castle st/Boherbee was chocca on both sides so I was guessing there was a huge turnout. The removal hadn't even reached st Brendan's around 7.15pm when I passed!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Does anyone get a coffee in that place Amaretto on Ashe street. We have started to get coffee there lately instead of Costa. Really lovely coffee and an amazing range of different coffee beans & teas that you can buy. They will grind any of the beans for you too. If anyone likes a nice coffee do give them a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Anybody know where I could dispose of a chest of drawers and some shelves in town?

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Anybody know where I could dispose of a chest of drawers and some shelves in town?

you can drop them to Higgins Waste. Not sure of cost though

Spin Southwest have indeed opened a studio in Castle Street. They were broadcasting from there today. It looks to be there new Kerry studio!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

xxyyzz wrote:

Chop them up and use them for firewood. Then just bin the hinges and handles etc

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

OUTRAGE OVER ?

amadain wrote: »
    OUTRAGE OVER ?

what??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    what??

Referring to boards ddos attack

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Referring to boards ddos attack

might have been easier just to say that in the first place!

Its resolved, for now! Its still a bit slow, but hopefully things are getting back to normal. It was a fairly back attack by the looks of it.

• Advertisement

it seems to have gone again for a while there!

the Intreo offices will reopen tomorrow, Thursday (21st Jan)
    http://traleetoday.ie/dept-confirms-intreo-office-to-reopen-on-thursday-morning/

It was down again, its been unusable for nearly 3 days, hopefully its resolved now

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    It was down again, its been unusable for nearly 3 days, hopefully its resolved now

yeah its been pretty bad. Everytime it seems to be up, it goes back down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wish I were nearer as I could use both..ah well.. would Vincent de Paul not welcome them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

You'd be welcome to them but to be honest they are wrecks. We bought a house recently and they were in the shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

You'd be welcome to them but to be honest they are wrecks. We bought a house recently and they were in the shed.

Saw a few old chairs thrown in a skip out in Dillon's Waste one day,might be the spot for your stuff if they are in bad shape

The football painting on the side of The Corner House at Rock Street/Pembroke Street was taken down
    http://traleetoday.ie/51214-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Will be replaced by one of those gable Billboards signs that will pay big rent for that prime location, unless Heineken or probably Carlsberg step up on the rental payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Congratulations John Mitchels on promotion to county league div 1 - looking forward to a few local derbies next year

• Advertisement

Xtra Vision Tralee and all of the stores around the country are closing! Sad to hear. I used to rent DVD's quite often, but not as much in the past year to be honest. I keep meaning to go in and have a look through their cd's as I prefer to buy cd's than download.

Its sad for the staff who work in these stores. I hope they find new employment again soon.

http://traleetoday.ie/xtra-vision-stores-close-with-loss-of-600-jobs-nationwide/

Sad to see them go, but unfortunately it was a long time coming

There's still Top of the Rock Video rental in Rock Street! They have been there years, which is good to see!

There's still Top of the Rock Video rental in Rock Street! They have been there years, which is good to see!

They have all the new releases like Home Alone, Last of the Mohicans and Mrs Doubtfire I hear

Kellihers garage in Rathass was robbed last night, thankfully the guy was caught.

http://traleetoday.ie/man-with-hatchet-robs-tralee-petrol-station/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Three Tralee women added to the Ireland ladies rugby squad for 6 nations. Some achievement!

Vodafone has moved in the Square to just next to no.4 on the Square.

There's also something going into the old Boots unit, not sure what though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Tralee Today must have a spy here in the Tralee thread :D

http://traleetoday.ie/institution-on-rock-street-now-the-last-picture-show/

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I remember the days of heading into Farmers in boherbee and sometimes you would have to order or book the latest video because they didn't have enough copies! I think Farmers had a van too that would be a mobile video shop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

bobdcow wrote: »
    I remember the days of heading into Farmers in boherbee and sometimes you would have to order or book the latest video because they didn't have enough copies! I think Farmers had a van too that would be a mobile video shop!

Was that the same Farmers as Phil Farmers in Staughtons Row (opp Day Place)? There and JC JM'S near Denny's were our haunts. Videos for a £1 for years. Xtravision was pricier and fined you the second you were late. JCs wouldnt even ask your name and you could be days late returning such in demands as Ghost, Back to the Future etc. 😄ðŸ˜႒😀

As someone pointed out in After Hours, not everyone has broadband or good speeds or are not tech savvy for downloading or streaming and will hurt with the Xtravision closure as they still rented!

Advertisement