Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mart Price Tracker

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

I know prices seem mad at the moment, what with all the good weather and all that, but remember that a lot of guys got out of suckling and all it takes is a small drop in numbers for prices to increase a lot. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out in the next 18 months or so.
    Milk quotas going might be the best thing ever to happen the suckler farmer.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

Got a few this week for €800, better quality than what I got for same price a month ago. These were light ones 20kg - 300kg chx. Was surprised I got them. Thought I was going to have buy a few aa or hex.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

tanko wrote: »
    13 months old, 440kgs, €1100.

Would a similar type but 22 months make the same kind of money do you think

• Registered Users Posts: 9,201 ✭✭✭tanko

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Would a similar type but 22 months make the same kind of money do you think

I'd imagine it would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Would make the very same money in South East anyway. I think things are beginning to ease a little though. Yesterday 2 nice roundy butts of bbs 470 kg may and June 13. €1070. 2 good big salers 490kg. July and October 13. 1100. A bunch of excellent quality millers of char sim u grade growthy heifers 14 births. 440 kg @ 1070. 4 Friesian Bulls. Square lads. 295 @ 505.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ladeeen

sold 2 HEX in Castleisland today,

LOT 1 FEB '13 586kg €1195
    LOT 2 MAR '13 458kg €905

Happy enough with them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭davidk1394

I have 7 AA heifers out on grass born april/may 2014. Around 270 kg. What price would they make roughly ?

davidk1394 wrote: »
    I have 7 AA heifers out on grass born april/may 2013. Around 270 kg. What price would they make roughly ?

Small weights for age but the could still get money enough. 14 birthdays that Wight be bringing around 700 for those type and weights in my part of country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Willfarman wrote: »
    Small weights for age but the could still get money enough. 14 birthdays that Wight be bringing around 700 for those type and weights in my part of country.

For AA would not consider it bad weight for age. A lot of them struggle to gain more than 500 grams/day over the year on average. This is the big issue with them alot of Aa bulls used on dairy cows are throwing small calves with poor daily weight gains.

For AA would not consider it bad weight for age. A lot of them struggle to gain more than 500 grams/day over the year on average. This is the big issue with them alot of Aa bulls used on dairy cows are throwing small calves with poor daily weight gains.

I think it's often more of a feeding issue than a breeding issue. Those type heifer should be a hanging up at or before 2 years if manged correctly Imo.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Beef Heifers:
      Lim 530kg €1430
      CHX 595kg €1540
      Chx 655kg €1645
      Chx 635kg €1665
      Chxsm 680kg €1775
      Chxsm 670kg €1690
      Chx680kg €1660

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭leoch

Muckit wrote: »
      Beef Heifers:
      Lim 530kg €1430
      CHX 595kg €1540
      Chx 655kg €1645
      Chx 635kg €1665
      Chxsm 680kg €1775
      Chxsm 670kg €1690
      Chx680kg €1660

Great prices there muckit are they factory or mart if so were

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

leoch wrote: »
      Great prices there muckit are they factory or mart if so were

Good prices is right. What ages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Muckit wrote: »
      Beef Heifers:
      Lim 530kg €1430
      CHX 595kg €1540
      Chx 655kg €1645
      Chx 635kg €1665
      Chxsm 680kg €1775
      Chxsm 670kg €1690
      Chx680kg €1660

Ballinasloe mart?

I think it's often more of a feeding issue than a breeding issue. Those type heifer should be a hanging up at or before 2 years if manged correctly Imo.

I usually finish them for 20 months into a local butcher. Butvwe finsih bulls aswell and i just want to move them on. Easier ro manage then. They were on a straw bed and getting good quality bales.

I usually finish them for 20 months into a local butcher. Butvwe finsih bulls aswell and i just want to move them on. Easier ro manage then. They were on a straw bed and getting good quality bales.

Ah they might be heavier than you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭orm0nd

cattle 2 years weighting 270 kgs !!!

they should be on the hook by now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

orm0nd wrote: »

Sorry taught they were yearlings. Yes bad weight for 2 year olds. However lots of AA are very slow growers less than 1/2 a kg/day on average over a year on average managment where FR/HE/LM off dairy stock would average 0.8/kgs/day over the year.

orm0nd wrote: »

No there only 12 months old !!

Sorry taught they were yearlings. Yes bad weight for 2 year olds. However lots of AA are very slow growers less than 1/2 a kg/day on average over a year on average managment where FR/HE/LM off dairy stock would average 0.8/kgs/day over the year.

There only yearlings and there out on grass the last month

• Advertisement

Sorry lads i meant to put down 2014 instead of 2013 my miatake !

Sorry lads i meant to put down 2014 instead of 2013 my miatake !

290kg would be the average for good aa yearlings

290kg would be the average for good aa yearlings

I got offered €2 a kg live weight. Im looking for around 2.20 kg. Is it too much or about right ?

I got offered €2 a kg live weight. Im looking for around 2.20 kg. Is it too much or about right ?

Usually the €1.90/€2 euro mark for aa. The way prices are now you could look for another 10c.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Was in Newport today. Heifers flew through the ring.Lads selling not hanging on too long before animals being put on the market and buyers not messing if they wanted the animal they bought it.
        But f.ck me the bullocks were a different story. Sellers were hanging and hanging and buyers slow to give in to the extra fiver and just buy the beast.
        Even the auctioneer was getting a bit fed up constantly telling lads to hurry up or watch their bid.
        Is this all down to lads selling thinking they are entitled to mad prices and buyers just afraid of their lives to buy cattle that bit dearer.
        Twas full of older farmers from I could see.

Was talking to a lad who had 6 yearling whiteheads (heifers) at ennis mart and they made 720 @ 300kg. He wasn't happy. this time last yr he would have been back 100quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

In macroom on Saturday 4 red lim blk 365 kgs made 1100 ,they were nice stock.

About right I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Feckthis

In macroom on Saturday 4 red lim blk 365 kgs made 1100 ,they were nice stock.

What age we're they?

• Advertisement
      • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Never noticed the journals cameraman taking photos of me stock in the mart last week when I was selling.

Advertisement