Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Assetto corsa

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yes if the real world car uses a tad of traction control then i allow myself to use it ingame.
    Im just a sucker for realism, i feel im cheating otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

I've Just done 14 laps with the 312T around the Nurburgring track and i'm absolutely shaking with adrenaline!
    It's the best sim car I think I have ever driven, and I think the only one that has actually got me to mess around with the setup of the Car.
    I dont think I have ever pressed harder on the brakes, jumped to get back on the accelerator or gripped a wheel more tightly, aching to get more speed from a car. I've got the Radiator Springs timing app downloaded and i'm just outside the top 100 (106). If anyone wants the app it can be found here http://nkpro.radiators-champ.com/
    This is a sim that rewards pushing, pushing, pushing. In Iracing its a lot more difficult to do that, lap after lap and it seems impossible to find time, push, and off the track you go. Its such a rewarding sim to drive. I would urge anyone who has not bought it to do so if you can. If you enjoy driving Sim cars on the limit I cannot think of anything better out there.

I'm one happy bunny, Kunos has done an amazing job, hats of to him and all his team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Darwin

I did a few laps around Silverstone with the 312T but just couldn't warm to it, the back end wants to step out the whole time and I find myself waiting for the car to straighten up before giving it the welly. I haven't done anything with setups yet...must give Nurburgring a few laps in it to see how it feels on this circuit. As an F1 fan, I'm really enjoying the Lotus Exos S2, it's an absolute blast to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Darwin wrote: »
    I did a few laps around Silverstone with the 312T but just couldn't warm to it, the back end wants to step out the whole time and I find myself waiting for the car to straighten up before giving it the welly.
    I thought the 312T was universally loved. I found it very surprising, looking at the car I was expecting the turn in and braking to be horrible because of those tiny back wheels but I thought the car worked amazingly well. You notice the giant back wheels though, the throttle pedal becomes a much more important part of the equation.

I haven't spent enough time with it yet, there's just too much to do at this stage.

I keep getting my ass kicked by the GT race challenge on the Nurburgring, I suppose I should learn the car/track first but I have difficulty set to medium and spend the race battling mid pack (if I'm lucky), spent one race fighting over 10th.

The KTM race is easy enough though, I think the KTM must just be the fastest car because I won by more than 10 seconds on alien.

On the official AC forum they have bi weekly challenges running where they pick a car and track combo that's not all that popular and see who can set the best times between them.

They're just using the steam friends list within the game which has problems but RSR will let you create your own group and set challenges from within their app.

Would it be worth setting one up? Would we have enough here to start some challenges?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ScumLord wrote: »
    On the official AC forum they have bi weekly challenges running where they pick a car and track combo that's not all that popular and see who can set the best times between them.

They're just using the steam friends list within the game which has problems but RSR will let you create your own group and set challenges from within their app.

Would it be worth setting one up? Would we have enough here to start some challenges?

I am down for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Darwin

Might not make all the challenges, but would be interested in giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

Sure I'm Slow but I'll give it a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Sraw

I have only just started playing Assetto Corsa. I am fairly slow myself at it as well, I'd be up for it. If it can increase my interest in the game more, all the better.

Yeah, sounds good to me :)

• Advertisement

OK, I'll just send a quick PM to Dcully about getting the ball rolling on an official boards group.

Sraw wrote: »
    I have only just started playing Assetto Corsa. I am fairly slow myself at it as well, I'd be up for it. If it can increase my interest in the game more, all the better.
    I found the challenges improved my performance, just having a set track and car and a time to aim for changes it from a fun drive to a challenge that will have you trying just a little bit harder each time.

Ok request sent in for group, I'll post the link when I get a reply back.

Now it's just a case of picking a car/track combo. I've been looking for an excuse to try out some of the lotus cars, I spent the last two weeks trying to get the Pagani whoreen around Nurburgring GP, it's a hard car to get good times out of so I'd prefer something other than that car.

Any suggestions?

They were really fast at setting up the community.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the boards group..
    http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=communityList

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

Cool I'm in... just joined...

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Sraw

Joined last night. After installing, it took me a while to do a clean lap to get recognised.
    Though in saying that I noticed it didn't time drag races properly.

I'm in (Clive Lomax) :)

Ok, how about the new Lotus Exige 240R at Vallelunga?

If nobody has any objections I'll set it up later today.

Sounds good I.ve not done a lap there yet or driven the car. Were is the best place for a setup or will/can peeps post here?

Sounds good I.ve not done a lap there yet or driven the car. Were is the best place for a setup or will/can peeps post here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Don't have time for this game at all and all that goes with Sim Racing because I'm a disaster for spending more time tuning a car than racing it (and still getting awful bad times) - but I bought it
    Signed up for the group as well there so I'll see you's on the track.

Squidwert wrote: »
    On the AC forum people usually start posting up their setups that they use for the challenge, I haven't really tried setups, I'm always afraid I'm just making the car slower and don't have time to test.

I get some setups from racedepartment but it's mostly the most popular car/track combinations that they put up setups for. It's also mostly race cars that you see setups for, it'll be hard to find setups for the less used cars.

Basic setup changes would be removing some fuel and making sure you're on the slick tyres.

Challenge is up and running with it's own thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057182560

Right having issues trying to get my account setup with the app?
    I have the GUI installed and that's grand but I keep getting issues when trying to actually set a time so that I can be activated in the database to become a full signed up member?
    Is there some specific race or something I need to do or what am I doing wrong?

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Right having issues trying to get my account setup with the app?
    I have the GUI installed and that's grand but I keep getting issues when trying to actually set a time so that I can be activated in the database to become a full signed up member?
    Is there some specific race or something I need to do or what am I doing wrong?
    Have you opened the app when you're in game? It has to be loaded while your hot lapping.

Have you opened the app when you're in game? It has to be loaded while your hot lapping.

Can't see the timing app option anywhere - following The Guide to the stage where it says to move your mouse to the right of the screen and select timing app - not appearing as an option for me at all?

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Can't see the timing app option anywhere - following The Guide to the stage where it says to move your mouse to the right of the screen and select timing app - not appearing as an option for me at all?
    Scroll down, they won't all fit at the side and RSR app is one of the last.

Ok so i did a lap and it shows on the RSR livingtiming rankings. How do i get it to show in the Boards rankings or do i have to wait??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay, that GUI thing is just confusing as hell. I am looking for option to join the group, but I dont see any buttons for it.
    I am following guide, but there is NO such folder that they pointing to. I just unzip whole thing in to Main AC folder.

Okay, looks like I got it working now. I can start event from in game now, but I dont know how to join as a Driver on that Website.

I wont be taking out my wheel today, but tomorrow I will be doing some laps. So, will this app show other people laps too? So I can at least see how am I doing against otherS?

• Advertisement

Okay, that GUI thing is just confusing as hell. I am looking for option to join the group, but I dont see any buttons for it.
    I am following guide, but there is NO such folder that they pointing to. I just unzip whole thing in to Main AC folder.

The only place i joined the boards group was on the RSR timing site do you have to join the group also in game??. My time is up on the leader board but not showing on the boards group standings.:confused:

Advertisement