Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

salonfire wrote: »
    I thought the DJ Jayo segment they had on Fri was hilarious - the bit where JP was the work experience DJ with the thick Dub accent

Anyone who didn't get a chuckle out of that must have the sense of humour of a stone

That was more of a piss take of the amatuer/pirate stations as far as I was concerned. Funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Agree with the above posters. Friday's segment with J.P was pretty funny. Got a good laugh out of it.... On the bus with loads of people just looking at me with 20 heads....

Was listening to it yesterday for a bit but had to turn it off. The show can be funny at times but talk about self absorbed. I know he may have only been taking the piss but it got a bit annoying after a while. "Oh look at me I'm great aren't I?" etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 47 CurlieSue

a bit of a strange one but does anyone know what the competition was last Tuesday on the ray foley show??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

As a daily listener to his show, which I do enjoy, I feel that he is stepping over the line with his slagging of Anne Glesson

It borders on sexual harrassment and bullying

As a daily listener to his show, which I do enjoy, I feel that he is stepping over the line with his slagging of Anne Glesson

And on national radio too!!!!

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I think he forgets he is on air sometimes!

He's liking her to an elephant, insulting her intelligence and once said she has put on a few pounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

But it's so funny. Slaggin Ann has me in stitches.

And she has no problem with it.

I think he forgets he is on air sometimes!

He's liking her to an elephant, insulting her intelligence and once said she has put on a few pounds

Sure if it was only the once there should be no problem like.

Zing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

If and when Anne Gleeson has a problem with it is when it becomes sexual harrasment and not when others decide when it is

Some people can take a bit of banter, others take offense to it, clearly ann is a lot of fun, knows her job and probably has helped come up with some of the banter in the meetings of what they will do on the show

i really dislike when others decide what people should be offended about

get a life

• Advertisement

You said what I couldn't be arsed to. fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

get a life

Don't want to see any more of that, thanks. You can express your own opinion perfectly well, obviously, without slagging anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That_Guy wrote: »
    Was listening to it yesterday for a bit but had to turn it off. The show can be funny at times but talk about self absorbed. I know he may have only been taking the piss but it got a bit annoying after a while. "Oh look at me I'm great aren't I?" etc etc
    That's the thing that annoys me the most about the show. I think everybody knows that the King thing and Lazy Radio is a p1sstake, but seriously, is that all he's got?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

tbh wrote: »
    Don't want to see any more of that, thanks. You can express your own opinion perfectly well, obviously, without slagging anyone else.

now now dont be over zealous, saying get a life is hardly a slag, i was stating that their trying to insinuate that because they believe its sexual harassment it isnt and i suggested that they "get a life" i.e. worry about things other than whether someone who has no problem with having a laugh should be protected

she's a big girl

i stand by my statement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

fair enough, three day ban for attacking another poster <edit> and arguing with moderator on thread.<edit>. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I love the show. I am 30 so not so old I do not get the jokes :D

I find it the perfect show to listen to while driving the car, which is the only place I listen to the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

I started a thread on him before but for some reason it was locked:eek: Anyhoo Love listening to Foley, so different to every other DJ out there. Been listening to him since the blast, they had a quiz on every night with tricky dicky, good stuff. Him and JP have great banter that I have not heard since the days of Ryan Tubridy and Shane O' Donoghue you know they are best friends for a long time, and lazy radio on a Friday is a great idea:)

Lazy radio is a terrible idea.

I love the show, but hate lazy radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

lovinit wrote: »
    lazy radio on a Friday is a great idea:)
    What's lazy radio? I have a vague idea, but I don't just wanna go on my own assumptions. I love Ray Foley! I think he's hilarious, but I'm in sixth year so I rarely hear his show during the day, so unsurprisingly i've never heard of lazy radio!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I love the show! Yes he's full of himself, but that's the whole act he pulls. The show makes me laugh my head off at times, and there's been no other show bar Ian Dempsey in the mornings that makes me break my sides laughing that much.

For that alone it's quality radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I broke my ass laughing at "DJ-ao" on Friday! :pac:

"Story, story..." "Natasha got her results....they were positive"

"Cewl cewl..."

Love Lazy Radio aswell,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

I can't stand Foley or his show. He's so childish, annoying and silly with a sense of homour aimed at sixteen year olds. I hear he's big down the bog but I wouldn't imagine he has many listeners in Dublin.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

I listen to a lot of radio and I can say that the show is the most annoying I have ever come across. Foley sounds like a complete arsehole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I think jp and Ann are brilliant tbf

Anne is covering for someone who is on maternity leave, isn't she?

Who is it that's on leave?

Will she becoming back?

Have to agree, Anne is great on the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Edel is on leave but ann did always have a part on the show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

el diablo wrote: »
    I hear he's big down the bog but I wouldn't imagine he has many listeners in Dublin.

ha ha ha, you dubs are hilarious. tell me oh wise one, is it true you have a thing called electricity in de big shmoke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Boys and gurls behave yisserselves.

That is not just directed at you paddy, el diablo should take note too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

ha ha ha, you dubs are hilarious. tell me oh wise one, is it true you have a thing called electricity in de big shmoke?

yep, we do and it's coming your way soon. Something to look forward to, huh.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

AllInOne wrote: »
    What's lazy radio? I have a vague idea, but I don't just wanna go on my own assumptions. I love Ray Foley! I think he's hilarious, but I'm in sixth year so I rarely hear his show during the day, so unsurprisingly i've never heard of lazy radio!

Lazy Radio is on every Friday (or the occasional Thursday if Friday was a Bank Holiday or whatever). It's where they start the show by playing a bunch of old tv theme tunes.

Mainly Happy Days, Littlest Hobo, Star Trek, Pokemon, etc.

You can get daily podcasts from here aswell, just click and play :)

Advertisement