Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HOMESAVERS CORK ROAD WATERFORD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

JWaterford wrote: »
    This letter was sent to the Waterford Council from homesavers. It sounds like other shops use the same type of planning permission as Homesavers. https://waterford-news.ie/2020/11/24/read-extraordinary-letter-from-homesavers-to-waterford-city-county-council-ceo/

I started reading that letter but as soon as it got to the part where he mentioned where he hails from I started reading it in an accent. My brain betrayed me, I couldn't stop myself no sir. Thank you, come again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

fcuking hell, whos running this business, and more importantly, who let them out of the creche?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What the actual feck?! and how did this letter escape into the wild?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

What the actual feck?! and how did this latter escape into the wild?

Unbelievably it was emailed to a local journalist by Homesavers themselves.

Thus making themselves look even less professional and competent than was already the case

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Unbelievably it was emailed to a local journalist by Homesavers themselves.

jesus, thats mad, i cant really see mr maniar getting planning permission now, and to be honest, i think his staff might be better off, jesus thats some weird twist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    jesus, thats mad, i cant really see mr maniar getting planning permission now, and to be honest, i think his staff might be better off, jesus thats some weird twist

he a great lad i know him personally from my creative writing group all i say waterford city council want be ashamed them self

he a great lad i know him personally from my creative writing group all i say waterford city council want be ashamed them self

im sorry, but my maniar broke the planning rules, he might be a sound lad, but....theres an element of naivety there, actually many many elements of naivety, wcc were spot on the shut this down, and i think it might be also for mr maniars benefit also

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

This letter was sent to the Waterford Council from homesavers. It sounds like other shops use the same type of planning permission as Homesavers. https://waterford-news.ie/2020/11/24/read-extraordinary-letter-from-homesavers-to-waterford-city-county-council-ceo/

What a pity party!

Coming all the way from India creating jobs in Ireland. Should have gone the whole hog and said WCC were racist against him...

The aggressive expansion in Waterford going from 1 to 4 stores in a short space of time is strange and not been repeated elsewhere. Secondly I wonder if all the other stores are in compliance with planning laws.

WCC had the same issue with Starbucks and I am sure warned them well in advance of the injunction.

127 jobs translates into 100+ under 20 hour a week jobs so the social media outrage is a joke and I suspect its what motivated them making the letter public.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    What a pity party!

Coming all the way from India creating jobs in Ireland. Should have gone the whole hog and said WCC were racist against him...

The aggressive expansion in Waterford going from 1 to 4 stores in a short space of time is strange and not been repeated elsewhere. Secondly I wonder if all the other stores are in compliance with planning laws.

WCC had the same issue with Starbucks and I am sure warned them well in advance of the injection.

wheres he getting his legal advice?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Jesus I couldn't make it even half way through. Rambling, poorly constructed nonsense, appalling use of English and grammar. You could actually tell what country yer man was from before he said it which is an awful thing really but there you go. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

He's good at the oul creative writing alright!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

I think you both have excellent cases to sue whoever is running that class/group.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭AUDI20

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    wheres he getting his legal advice?

From the internet would be my guess!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Wow. That letter is bizarre. It is written in a style similar to the one my uncle - who I didn't realise was the king of Nigeria - wrote me just this very morning about helping him get 33 million dollars out of the country.

What did he hope to achieve by sending that in the first place, let alone leak it to a local paper. His best chance was having your people, meet my people and if this brown paper bag happens to fall into your bag then we say no more about it. I don't know how they can have so many stores in Ireland and not understand how it works here.

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Wow. That letter is bizarre. It is written in a style similar to the one my uncle - who I didn't realise was the king of Nigeria - wrote me just this very morning about helping him get 33 million dollars out of the country.

What did he hope to achieve by sending that in the first place, let alone leak it to a local paper. His best chance was having your people, meet my people and if this brown paper bag happens to fall into your bag then we say no more about it. I don't know how they can have so many stores in Ireland and not understand how it works here.

we re clearly related, but i wouldnt be putting much hope into that cnut, im after sending him a fortune, and fcuk all hes sent back to me

tis nuts alright

Why does Apu suddenly come into my mind :)

DBDC32-E7-6019-4525-B9-B0-BABCFF3-F7083.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Micky Bluenips

He should be ashamed of himself trying to pull a stroke and then playing the sympathy card. He took on those people not the council. There has to be planning rules. If he had done it right before opening none of the jobs would be in jeopardy. He didn't think the council would have the balls to close him up. It's his own fault.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Why does Apu suddenly come into my mind :)

DBDC32-E7-6019-4525-B9-B0-BABCFF3-F7083.jpg

Well I'm glad it's a mod who made the implicit stereotypical link!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭batman75

Are homesavers like Mr Price?

• Advertisement

Well I'm glad it's a mod who made the implicit stereotypical link!!! :)

A bit of lighthearted fun is all, both are in the retail sector :) If it offends anyone then they can use the report button I’m sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭spaceCreated

“WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY”…….I remember these words from the Star wars Movie, words spoken by Yoda – the wisest person in the star Wars Movie.

This man is a fraud!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DLS_75

“WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY”…….I remember these words from the Star wars Movie, words spoken by Yoda – the wisest person in the star Wars Movie.

This man is a fraud!

Was it not from Spider-Man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

batman75 wrote: »
    Are homesavers like Mr Price?

Almost identical. Just more expensive from what I could tell on my one incursion in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

He even managed a yoga reference in that one. Utterly bizarre letter. It was more of an incoherent rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Google Mr Naeem Maniar

You will find he spouts a lot of hot air with his claims and projections.

People say "what about the jobs" - most are part time and paid as low as possible (under €8 for the younger staff), short shifts and generally unattractive working conditions.

Then it takes business from other stores who have to let people go, so rarely a net gain.

Mr Price is another that flouts the planning laws as does dealz in some locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Couldnt even spell dungarvan right 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Seems the owner is a repeat offender
    Homesavers and its owner Naeem Maniar have previous form in the "don’t ask for permission, ask for forgiveness instead" attitude towards the rule with a warning notice being issued to them relating to an “unauthorised development” in Ennis and they were previously hit with enforcement notices for potentially operating developments without permission in Tallaght and Limerick.

Local Councillor Eddie Mulligan who has been contacted by many other worried staff members, said that Homesavers management have not “done their workers any favours”.
    Homesavers knew that they didn’t have the appropriate planning to open, but felt that they could do what they liked.”

The current planning for the Homesavers stores is “retail warehouse”, which means that they can sell large bulky items. This is not the appropriate planning however for Homesavers who sell everything from clothing to groceries and almost everything in between.

A judge in a case against the owner in the UK noted that Mr Maniar's evidence gave the sense that he "is not a reliable witness".
    It seems the fault here lies firmly with the company trying to pull a fast one. WC&CC can't just turn a blind eye to breaches of planning
    https://www.facebook.com/WaterfordCityandCounty/posts/2768714950055831

Whose quote is it?
    Churchill's? Yoda's? Spiderman's uncle?

beazee wrote: »
    Seems the owner is a repeat offender

if hes owed any back payments, he should be paid in old 500 and 1000 rupee notes, for wasting everyones time, cheeky little fcuker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Almost exactly a year ago he tried the exact same thing in Limerick.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/business/arid-30958708.html

Advertisement