Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Combined Electrical & Gas Bills

• 23-11-2020 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Apologies if this message is posted in the wrong section.

I have recently received a large Electrical/GAS Bill, it is twice the usual bill (twice the bill from previous period last year). The property is a rented apartment. Meter readings were taken in Mid July 2020, and again in Mid November 2020. Estimate readings were used for the Mid September 2020 bill. The Gas section of the bill is average with previous bills however the Electrical section is twice the usual. I have gone back through bills from November 2019 until now, the average electrical usage was 6.6 units per day (Kwh i believe) from Nov 2019 to March 2020, average electrical usage was 4.8 units per day from Mid March 2020 to Mid July 2020 (no one was in apartment in April 2020 & only 1 person from Mid May 2020 until Mid July 2020). The average electrical usage from Mid July 2020 to Mid November 2020 was 13.2 units per day.

The other tenant returned to the apartment in Mid July 2020 and has been working from home since. I work as normal (not from home).

Has this happened to any else? Would working from home see this much of an increase?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Nov202011 wrote: »
    The average electrical usage from Mid July 2020 to Mid November 2020 was 13.2 units per day.

The other tenant returned to the apartment in Mid July 2020 and has been working from home since. I work as normal (not from home).

Your fellow tenant is running some kind of electric heater during the day, when you're not there.

If it's not an electric space heater, you probably have an uninsulated immersion tank and it's switched on all day.

Advertisement