Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Opinions on this - Auris Hybrid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭3d4life

... getting on a bit and has arthritis in hands and legs so I was suggesting moving to an automatic.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-auris/26341399?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=social

Getting in and out : she may find that something with a higher seat is better. If this becomes a serious challenge then a rotating seat may help....If it gets to that then turn the selection process on its head and ask some of the vehicle adapter companies ( Parfit, Motability etc ) what cars can be readily adapted

Hands : heated steering wheel ?

Automatic : Yes!

( know nothing about Aurises, sorry )

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Hi, looking for opinions on this car as it is local to us. My mum is getting on a bit and has arthritis in hands and legs so I was suggesting moving to an automatic. She's currently driving a diesel focus. Main priorities would be reliability and ease of driving. Thanks

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-auris/26341399?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=social

They are both reliable and easy to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

Seems a little on the cheap side for one of those - do a full history check and give it a good look over for previously repaired damage.

Almost bullet proof reliable and cheap to run, I've posted in detail on here about my one if you look through my posts.

Only things that really go on them is the 12v battery and aircon condensor (radiator) so check and see if the aircon is cold. If not the condsensor is probably leaking. If the mammy doesn't bother with aircon, you don't need to worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

sumo12 wrote: »
    Seems a little on the cheap side for one of those - do a full history check and give it a good look over for previously repaired damage.

Almost bullet proof reliable and cheap to run, I've posted in detail on here about my one if you look through my posts.

Only things that really go on them is the 12v battery and aircon condensor (radiator) so check and see if the aircon is cold. If not the condsensor is probably leaking. If the mammy doesn't bother with aircon, you don't need to worry about it.
    Thanks for the reply. It turns out we know the seller which is a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Miscreant

sumo12 wrote: »

I'll weigh in here. Have the same model for the last 6 years and it is a great car. Comfortable, fuel efficient and ultra reliable. In the years I've had mine, it has only cost me the usual maintenance and fuel. I have no intentions of changing mine for a few years yet.

The one in your link is priced about right considering it is the mk1 of Auris Hybrids. Later models are lower to the ground and might not be great for the knees or for someone with slight mobility issues. My 86 year old mother in law had no problems getting in and out of my car and always commented on how easy it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Hi, looking for opinions on this car as it is local to us. My mum is getting on a bit and has arthritis in hands and legs so I was suggesting moving to an automatic. She's currently driving a diesel focus. Main priorities would be reliability and ease of driving. Thanks

Look up Honest John reviews

Anyway she bought it and seems happy enough. Just sat in it there at night, quick question, should the gear stick light up? Hers is dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Anyway she bought it and seems happy enough. Just sat in it there at night, quick question, should the gear stick light up? Hers is dark.

Pretty sure it doesn’t light up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Miscreant

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Pretty sure it doesn’t light up.

No, the gear stick does not light up but it looks like it should with the way it was designed. :)

Miscreant wrote: »
    No, the gear stick does not light up but it looks like it should with the way it was designed. :)

Ha, yes it certainly does. Took it for a spin today, seems like a nice car. My wife has a hybrid yaris and in the auris I could feel the switch between petrol and electric slightly more. Also, couldn't get over how tiny the boot in the Auris is, it's pretty much the same size as the one in the Yaris.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

Ha, yes it certainly does. Took it for a spin today, seems like a nice car. My wife has a hybrid yaris and in the auris I could feel the switch between petrol and electric slightly more. Also, couldn't get over how tiny the boot in the Auris is, it's pretty much the same size as the one in the Yaris.

Haha yes it's tiny isn't it? One bale of briquettes in the boot and it's full :D
    That's what happens when Toyota shoehorn a Hybrid system into a vehicle that was never designed for it!!

Happy driving though, hope the Mammy is happy in it :)

Advertisement