Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Weekend On One With Brendan O'Connor

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

What I'm saying is not controversial. The US Vaccine Court has paid out over 4 billion dollars since the Government took over liability for the vaccines there. Just because vaccine injury is treated with an Omerta of silence by the media, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Luke O'Neill last week: "There will be adverse events, every vaccine has this.... but it's tiny tiny tiny. I mean last year a billion vaccines doses in America, 6000 adverse events. I'm very sorry for the people they are very serious adverse events."

My question is does the State pay out the compensation for this or does the pharma company pay the compensation for the very serious adverse events caused by this vaccine. Or will the people end up fighting the Government for 11 years like the people in the new last week who suffered from life changing injuries caused by the Swine Vaccine.

• Gary Numan comes across as a lovely guy. Was never into his music, but I was flying around the time he was doing so, and I was really envious, and admiring, of how he had the courage and ability to progress to aerobatic aviation and became a world class master of it. I always thought it was a great use of his money to dedicate it to his love of his sport, but I am biased! As a matter of fact, you did not need much money in Ireland in the 80s to make a similar achievement, what you needed was dedication and ability. Commercial sponsorship was available in exceptional cases and retired Aer Lingus pilot Arthur Wignall was so determined by Harp until his death in an accident in Sligo. I knew a girl working on a tiny salary who he was taking in for training under the sponsorship, but sadly the death of Arthur brought that to an end before it began.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

An exhibition on grieving, just what we need

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

An exhibition on grieving, just what we need

New liveline thread title?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Classic RTÉ logic at play here now where the solution to RTEGate is to give Sean O’Rourke his proposed new show back because of the behaviour of the staff at the retirement do.

• Advertisement

It's pretty cynical of RTE to have these journalists comment on the RTE issue. They have a vested interest in appearing on an RTE show to promote their wares, so they are unlikely to bite the hand that feeds them. In lieu of having an official RTE representative to answer questions. And "we asked for a spokesperson from RTE but none was available"?? One of the people in the photos was ON AIR right before this show, could you not have asked her to come in and explain herself?

It's pretty cynical of RTE to have these journalists, who have a vested interest in appearing on an RTE show to promote their wares, and ask them for their opinions on this RTE issue - in lieu of having an official RTE representative to answer questions. And "we asked for a spokesperson from RTE but none was available"?? One of the people in the photos was ON AIR right before this show, could you not have asked her to come in and explain herself?

It’s laughable tbh.

They would pour scorn and ridicule over any organizations that refuse to provide a spokesperson in a similar situation, but feel no obligation to deal with this themselves. Very poor judgement from Dee 4bes et ap, the kind of poor judgement that should actually lead to resignations IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

What the hell is Conor Pope on, saying 'no one is perfect'. People have had to miss funerals and weddings for f*** sake. That segment was a disgrace.

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    What the hell is Conor Pope on, saying 'no one is perfect'. People have had to miss funerals and weddings for f*** sake. That segment was a disgrace.

Conor wouldn't want to lose his nice little RTE sideline so was towing the party line.

As a texter mentioned, I've had many colleagues move job or retire this year, and we haven't been able to say goodbye to them in any way. Maybe because I work in a hospital we just adhere to the rules, but that was basically a "Move on, nothing to see here party political broadcast on behalf of RTE".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

BOC 'I don't want to be a spokesman for RTE'....but no law was broken.....

Dreadful stuff but not unexpected

• Advertisement

Dustin with a few nice digs at RTÉ and D’Arcy.

D’Arcy doing the sound today it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Character Building

Ah Dustin is hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Conor wouldn't want to lose his nice little RTE sideline so was towing the party line.

As a texter mentioned, I've had many colleagues move job or retire this year, and we haven't been able to say goodbye to them in any way. Maybe because I work in a hospital we just adhere to the rules, but that was basically a "Move on, nothing to see here party political broadcast on behalf of RTE".

Butthers, now nothing personal or anything like that but I’m determined to stamp this stuff out.

It’s ‘toeing’ the party line, like you know when runners put their toes on the start line.... everyone together and all that....all in line.

Hope you don’t mind me trying to eradicate this as you are such a respected and popular poster.

Butthers, now nothing personal or anything like that but I’m determined to stamp this stuff out.

It’s ‘toeing’ the party line, like you know when runners put their toes on the start line.... everyone together and all that....all in line.

Hope you don’t mind me trying to eradicate this as you are such a respected and popular poster.

Apologies caller. I’d be quite the pedant and grammar Nazi myself in real life so to speak so no issue with calling me out on this one. I do actually know this one, and I can only assume it autocorrected as I typed it on my phone.....as Miriam would say, “genuinely”.

Thank you for your service in highlighting the error.

Apologies caller. I’d be quite the pedant and grammar Nazi myself in real life so to speak so no issue with calling me out on this one. I do actually know this one, and I can only assume it autocorrected as I typed it on my phone.....as Miriam would say, “genuinely”.

Thank you for your service in highlighting the error.

Showed big attitude there Butthers, shows you up as the solid gold contributor you undoubtedly are.

Every day is a school day.... my comment was not really meant for yourself, just the great unwashed who pump out truccamuss day after day.

We have to take a fchhherking stand on this stuff.

Showed big attitude there Butthers, shows you up as the solid gold contributor you undoubtedly are.

Every day is a school day.... my comment was not really meant for yourself, just the great unwashed who pump out truccamuss day after day.

We have to take a fchhherking stand on this stuff.

Yes indeed, they should of known better!

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

They seen it and they done it.....

Those bad boys are, as they say in aviation, under a ‘positive rate of climb’.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,754 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Thank gawd you're here, Pedantman. It was awful.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Charlie Bird out now doing a strong defence on newstalk :pac:

• Advertisement

Charlie Bird out now doing a strong defence on newstalk :pac:

I thought he was much more scathing of them in his article at the weekend?

Wonder who the female journalist "who cried for three days" after making an appearance on a panel show was?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭boardise

It’s laughable tbh.

They would pour scorn and ridicule over any organizations that refuse to provide a spokesperson in a similar situation, but feel no obligation to deal with this themselves. Very poor judgement from Dee 4bes et ap, the kind of poor judgement that should actually lead to resignations IMO.

I would have expected any capable clued-in management of a large organisation to tell the staff that retirement gatherings were out of the frame for the foreseeable - apart from the fact that these individuals should have known anyway.
    There must surely be some sanction imposed...fines or suspensions or even donations to charity ...to clear the air and mollify the justifiable public outrage over this.

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Thank gawd you're here, Pedantman. It was awful.

Lookit Dan, like the Malibou Stork of the Serengeti, the vulture of the Painted Desert, the Hyena and Jackal of the Chobe river plains, the carrion crow of the Slieve Aughty mts....SOMEONE...has to do the dirty work, SOMEONE has to get in amongst the guts and flies to protect our environment.

Place would be a dump otherwise, don’t ya know ?

Am I right, or am I right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Lookit Dan, like the Malibou Stork of the Serengeti, the vulture of the Painted Desert, the Hyena and Jackal of the Chobe river plains, the carrion crow of the Slieve Aughty mts....SOMEONE...has to do the dirty work, SOMEONE has to get in amongst the guts and flies to protect our environment.

Place would be a dump otherwise, don’t ya know ?

Am I right, or am I right ?

Just leave it at the Hyena or the Jackal Bendar...and we would get the message ....

Just sayin....

• Registered Users Posts: 71,618 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Brendan: Our health is our wealth.

Mammy O’Rourke: Yeah, whatever.

:D

"unfortunately"? It was unfortunate that the two people who were shot by his friend were not dead, so that when he set the car on fire (to burn the bodies and the evidence) they died from smoke inhalation. I'm not sure unfortunate is the best word to describe it. Has she spoken to the Bagley family about their misfortune?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Kattunge

I don’t see a podcast for last Sunday’s show on the radio app. Is there any particular reason for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Alison O Connor talking a lot of sense and Brendan not liking it - he tried to cut it off and she didn't let him.

Brendan then goes to the next contributer,Aoife, with a snide comment that she knows more than anyone else here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Infoanon wrote: »
    Alison O Connor talking a lot of sense and Brendan not liking it - he tried to cut it off and she didn't let him.

Brendan then goes to the next contributer,Aoife, with a snide comment that she knows more than anyone else here.

Heard that.

Always a bit of niggle between him and AOC - noticed it when he presented that cutting edge show when she was one of the guests

I get the feeling she doesn’t hold him in high regard...

• Advertisement

There's no real point asking these people "what you will be doing for Christmas" on air. They will all give us the "Myself and my family are quarantining" line, before having their own full house Christmas Party on the 25th. And RTE have no credibility on the issue, having had their own retirement party in house, in spite of telling the rest of us not to go to funerals.

Advertisement