Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Weight lifting advice?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

Yikes

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Cill94 wrote: »
    Yikes

Brick-Killed-A-Guy-I-Saw-That-Funny-Will-Ferrell-Meme-Gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I am just going to say you are 100% wrong ..but since you have stooped to this level and seem yet ONCE again mellor to want to derail this thread ..that you are not really worth responding to

Please don't respond to my posts again you are muted.

Put down your sword. He has you licked

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Gone way beyond useful advice by now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gone way beyond useful advice by now anyway

Absolutely. How anyone could think the molecular structure of fructose vrs glucose is relevant to a poster looking for basic weight lifting advice.

Give me the planks brigade anyday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 misstyc

MouseMan01 wrote: »
    I'm M/42. Been working out this cycle for a little over a year. Got a fitbit a few months ago. Flagged the fact that I was eating way too little protein to add mass. Which is one of my goals.

I do weight training for 50 mins, 4/5 days a week during lockdown. Started upping the tempo. Now squeeze the same session into 35mins.

Lift a kettlebell. Super set and compound sets. I have 27% muscle and 24% fat. I also do cardio. Running and cycling 4/5 days a week. Very healthy diet.

Question is this. Should I be cutting or bulking to add mass? Have healthy appetite. Boxed a bit when I was younger. Would like to do some more. So cardio and fitness is a must.

Can anyone recommend an email newsletter or online resource containing tip, tricks and motivational content suited to my fitness plan?

Greg Doucette on youtube is a good resource...a lot of his stuff is for the lols but he gives some of the best advice on this topic I've seen aimed at people newish to lifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

misstyc wrote: »
    Greg Doucette on youtube is a good resource...a lot of his stuff is for the lols but he gives some of the best advice on this topic I've seen aimed at people newish to lifting.

Everything I've seen and heard about him suggests otherwise and he's just doing his youtube to get people to pay his extortionate rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

I'm looking forward to getting back to my gym, I expect many more casual gym users will not be back until the new year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

misstyc wrote: »

He is impossible to listen to though. That voice and all of the unnecessary shouting...

Advertisement