Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dromiskin burial records 1787-1828 Louth

• 09-11-2020 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

This may be off interest. I wrote to the The Ofiach library and they have come back to say they will scan it in the next few weeks. It has 2000 burials.

I understand you have a manuscript of the Burial Records at Darver 1787-1828.
    It is bound in unbleached linen and measures 36 cm by 11.7 cm.

It is titled Liber Mortuorum Parochiae Dromiskinsis........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

This may be off interest. I wrote to the The Ofiach library and they have come back to say they will scan it in the next few weeks. It has 2000 burials.

I understand you have a manuscript of the Burial Records at Darver 1787-1828.
    It is bound in unbleached linen and measures 36 cm by 11.7 cm.

It is titled Liber Mortuorum Parochiae Dromiskinsis........

Wow, that's fantastic. Family folklore has always had it that a letter from an ancestor emigrant during Civil War era US is in the archives of that same library. It's always been one of those things I meant to get round to asking about but never did. Think I'll write them and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭p15574

If they even just created an index of the library contents, then their scanning could be more targeted (presuming it's too much work to scan the lot)

Advertisement