Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Larder Fridges and Freezers - recommendations

Options
  • 17-10-2020 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi
    I am looking to get a larder fridge and freezer (matching) :-)
    Has anyone any recommendations of what models are good etc? Also where I could possibly purchase them - seems like they are like hens teeth at the moment!

Thanks
    OG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Units made in Germany will probably top out as best quality closely followed by fridges made in Italy, there are a few german brands that are top quality and generally last a long time, whirlpool are now manufacturing their refrigeration products once more in Italy and for as long as I have been involved in refrigeration I have rarely come across poor products come from there, most of the rest are manufactured in Turkey and quality is so so. Stock with the distributors is scarce enough so get cracking if you need a replacement. all the bigger retail outlets will be agents for the top brands

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Few shops have integrated models on display, which I'm about to buy shortly.

I visited the Bosch/Neff/Siemens showroom in Ballymount who give a demonstration of their products. I'm a fan of Bosch and will be going with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Interested Bystander

we just got a pair in Harvey Norman. I presume you mean integrated units.
    Its a good time to buy with Black Friday approaching. Check prices now and get ready to compare when the time comes

Advertisement