Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowrunner

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

Did you play its predecessor Mudrunner? It's a fairly niche product area but if you like driving big trucks / machinery in a challenging and mucky terrain sandbox, then it's a very engaging game. It's a game type that is very easy to dip in and out of, as there is never really much success criteria other than "get some stuff from here to there using these trucks without running out of fuel or breaking down or getting stuck in the mud." The physics / fluid dynamics engine they use for the deformable terrain (mud, essentially) is best-in-class (not that there's much in the class). Snowrunner promises to take this and add more mission types and terrains and machines, etc. so I'm sold! :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No never played anything in the series, played some there now its very good.
    Plenty to do, great physics.
    Got stuck in mud few times great fun using winch or geting another truck to pull you out.
    Very clever game , unique experience for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

It looks like great craic. Think I might grab it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

The game looks amazing and I was tempted to give it a go but a little research details plenty of bugs for now, add to that the lack of proper wheel support especially on console and I think I'll hold off for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

dudeeile wrote: »
    The game looks amazing and I was tempted to give it a go but a little research details plenty of bugs for now, add to that the lack of proper wheel support especially on console and I think I'll hold off for now.

Can't comment on bugs but I don't think wheel support is an issue. I put a lot of hours into its predecessor Mudrunner, and ease of adjusting camera viewing angle is key. It's not like other truck sims. You're constantly looking around you to see what the ground is like, what your wheels are doing, using the winch, loading the trailers, etc. Unless your wheel has a nice way of the moving camera around, you're constantly going to be reaching for your mouse / keyboard or the controller. I have access to all of the following input devices and I actually think the order of preference for controlling the game is controller > mouse / keyboard > wheel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Suppose the PC version could include headtracking. The marketing seems to veer towards sim like but the implementation shows otherwise.

Advertisement