Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IEC working holiday

Options
  • 23-01-2020 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi, I've submitted my details and I'm waiting to get an invitation to apply. I'm 35 and I will turn 36 at the start of April (cut-off age is 35). If my application is successful, will I be ok age-wise? Also, I won't be able to head over until September. If I'm successful, can I fly over to Canada at anytime during the 2 year visa period?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

If you are selected from the pool before you turn 36 then you are good

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=928&top=25

Once you have the permit, you then have 1 year from that date to activate it. Once activated you can come and go from Canada as much as you want within 2 year period from the date of activation.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭roper1664

If you are selected from the pool before you turn 36 then you are good

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=928&top=25

Once you have the permit, you then have 1 year from that date to activate it. Once activated you can come and go from Canada as much as you want within 2 year period from the date of activation.

Thanks very much circular flexing, that's exactly what I was hoping for. If I'm selected, I'll push on with the permit and the associated fees, and hold off on activating it. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

roper1664 wrote: »
    Hi, I've submitted my details and I'm waiting to get an invitation to apply.

If you have facebook, ask to join "Irish and new in Toronto" or whatever city you're interested in moving. There is way more activity and info in those groups than here on boards. This is almost a ghost forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

jme2010 wrote: »
    If you have facebook, ask to join "Irish and new in Toronto" or whatever city you're interested in moving. There is way more activity and info in those groups than here on boards. This is almost a ghost forum.
    Agreed. There's also a similar group for Vancouver. Many people in the group will have gone through the IEC working holiday visa, and many have stayed there.

although not specifically 'Ireland-centric', https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ is a great resource I have used for the working visa, PR and now Citizenship.

I think every single possible question and scenario has been covered in there! Good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement