Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Restaurant Recommendation Thread - Anyone for seconds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Agree with eatstreet, lovely burger but the sweet potato fries may aswell have been raw with the lack of cooking

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

@sporina - Someone called to complain about an order while I was waiting and they didn't seem to be too bothered. I have zero interest in going back for more, even if the food was cooked properly it would have been middle of the road at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Has anyone got a takeaway from the Brook inn?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Masseytown will be on Deliveroo from Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,741 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Masseytown will be on Deliveroo from Monday.

That means..........
    Could it???
    Really?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

That means..........
    Could it???
    Really?

Has to have pricing, has to...
    The mystery will be revealed!

Follow up to the O'Reillys food truck experience. Just got a call there from the owner who was asked to call me by the lad who was working the till last night. He was aware of the messed up order and the delay and I informed him about the order also being incorrect and undercooked. He apologised and offered a gift voucher for pickup at the till in the shop. Very decent of him to follow up....looks like I will be giving them a second chance after all 😂 watch this space for the gift voucher review!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

Had the Da Mirco Mothers Day Feast this weekend. It was excellent.

A selection of cold canapés to start. Very tasty and no preparing in it - the highlight being Beef Bresaola stuffed with lemon and ricotta, That was savage. The rest was lovely as well.

Main course was a seafood lasagna that was incredible. Very large portion (some would say too large, I wouldn't). The amount of seafood was obscene. Mussels, clams and white fish pouring out of every orifice of the lasagna. A simple béchamel sauce that left the seas food shine. It was lovely.

A white chocolate and limo cello "Tiramisu" for dessert which was delicious also. Love the idea of tiramisu but don't like coffee in deserts so this was perfect.

€50 for two. Would highly recommend. Great value for what you get. Definitely the easiest click and collect meal to prepare as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,924 ✭✭✭✭rob316

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Has to have pricing, has to...
    The mystery will be revealed!

€9.50 on deliveroo which is standard practice of jacking up prices on it from what I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Footoo wrote: »
    Had the Da Mirco Mothers Day Feast this weekend. It was excellent.
    <snip>

€50 for two. Would highly recommend. Great value for what you get. Definitely the easiest click and collect meal to prepare as well.

What was involved in the click and collect here? Reheat in oven, or would microwave work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Samhain wrote: »
    Follow up to the O'Reillys food truck experience. Just got a call there from the owner who was asked to call me by the lad who was working the till last night. He was aware of the messed up order and the delay and I informed him about the order also being incorrect and undercooked. He apologised and offered a gift voucher for pickup at the till in the shop. Very decent of him to follow up....looks like I will be giving them a second chance after all 😂 watch this space for the gift voucher review!

That’s good business!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

pwurple wrote: »
    What was involved in the click and collect here? Reheat in oven, or would microwave work?

Only dish that needed heating was the main, which was 20 mins in the oven. I'm sure you could microwave it but would need transferring out of the foil container.

There was also a garnish of seafood (prawns, clams and mussels in a butter sauce ) to pour over lasagna that needed 3 mins in a small pan.

Everything else was ready to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭sporina

rob316 wrote: »
    €9.50 on deliveroo which is standard practice of jacking up prices on it from what I've seen.

never actually used Deliveroo (I like to pick up the food myself so its not rocking around the city for lord knows how long) but thats the story with the pricing? Do they add on to the prices on their website and then charge for delivery too?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Yep. Not sure if the delivery price is the same no matter the distance but for me it costs 4.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,924 ✭✭✭✭rob316

sporina wrote: »
    never actually used Deliveroo (I like to pick up the food myself so its not rocking around the city for lord knows how long) but thats the story with the pricing? Do they add on to the prices on their website and then charge for delivery too?

That's up to the restaurant if they want to increase prices to maintain margin,as deliveroo take about 30%. Ya delivery charge on top of that. I never use it as I'm in the city centre and it's cheaper to call them direct to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭sporina

rob316 wrote: »
    That's up to the restaurant if they want to increase prices to maintain margin,as deliveroo take about 30%. Ya delivery charge on top of that. I never use it as I'm in the city centre and it's cheaper to call them direct to order.

30% - wow that sounds like a lot..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,741 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

sporina wrote: »
    30% - wow that sounds like a lot..

Well the have to get a whole load of peanuts to pay the delivery gals and guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Got a takeaway from sober lane the other night.

Hot Nuts burger - verdict, not particularly spicy despite the name, but very tasty! A good burger.
    Goujons - We found them far too salty for us. Only 1 person in the family could stomach them with the coating on them. The rest of us binned that outer coating and ate the chicken itself. Probably the worst bit of the order. (Don't hate me salt-lovers)
    Chips - they were ok. Standard catering frozen chips tossed in a salt/spice mix to pimp them up a bit.
    Brownie milkshake - really good, would recommend this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Got Velo Burger delivered - great burger and very nice chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Rfrip

pwurple wrote: »
    Got a takeaway from sober lane the other night.

Hot Nuts burger - verdict, not particularly spicy despite the name, but very tasty! A good burger.
    Goujons - We found them far too salty for us. Only 1 person in the family could stomach them with the coating on them. The rest of us binned that outer coating and ate the chicken itself. Probably the worst bit of the order. (Don't hate me salt-lovers)
    Chips - they were ok. Standard catering frozen chips tossed in a salt/spice mix to pimp them up a bit.
    Brownie milkshake - really good, would recommend this.

There’s a few on this thread that will report you’re post with that chicken goujon review :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Rfrip wrote: »
    There’s a few on this thread that will report you’re post with that chicken goujon review :)

I've assumed those posters have some connection to Ernest. Only explanation!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Swoon on Oliver Plunkett Street are crazy popular, I've never seen them without a queue outside, even at 8pm tonight they had a queue out around the corner. I've been there once for an Eton Mess and it was good but I wouldn't have expected them to take off the way they have. Fair play to them.

Went to liberty grill this morning for brunch, click and collect obviously. God it was divine.
    It was my first time eating out and in the city since before Christmas and I swear to god I feel like I’ve been on a city break this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Went to liberty grill this morning for brunch, click and collect obviously. God it was divine.
    It was my first time eating out and in the city since before Christmas and I swear to god I feel like I’ve been on a city break this morning.

Did it travel ok? What did you get? I’m only going out to Blackpool but I’d hate for my eggs to be cold!!

Did it travel ok? What did you get? I’m only going out to Blackpool but I’d hate for my eggs to be cold!!

Travelled well! They come in compostable round containers and they deffo contained the heat!I got the quinoa and sweet potato fritters! I’d say we ate them half an hour after collecting. Went to Fitzgerald’s park to eat!

Also got some cakes in Cameron. Savage!

Did me the world of good! It was just lovely chatting to the staff in both places too!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Travelled well! They come in compostable round containers and they deffo contained the heat!I got the quinoa and sweet potato fritters! I’d say we ate them half an hour after collecting. Went to Fitzgerald’s park to eat!

Also got some cakes in Cameron. Savage!

Did me the world of good! It was just lovely chatting to the staff in both places too!

What a lovely morning! The stuff in Cameron is great too.

Follow up on the O'Reillys food truck from a few pages ago. Called out today to.get more food and collect the voucher. Ended up with a full refund for the last order and the voucher value was very generous. The food was literally night and day in comparison with the last order. Really good burger, chips and fish, savage portions and definitely worth the second chance. Excellent customer service too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Samhain wrote: »
    Follow up on the O'Briens food truck from a few pages ago. Called out today to.get more food and collect the voucher. Ended up with a full refund for the last order and the voucher value was very generous. The food was literally night and day in comparison with the last order. Really good burger, chips and fish, savage portions and definitely worth the second chance. Excellent customer service too.

That’s brilliant to hear. Must try them out soon. I often go there when out walking to pick up milk or sometimes to get petrol but I’ve usually already had lunch...really want to try the halloumi burger!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Actually on that note I had lunch from the bbq setup they have in the back of the Kingsley a couple of weeks ago. Got a scampi burger and was really nice. My partner got pulled pork and he loved it. They do nice crepes there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Any suggestions for a healthy takeaway lunch on a Thursday...? Something along the Paradiso lines....

Advertisement